Did you get insurance on your iPhone 5?

aubreyq

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Nope

The amount you pay for insurance during 2 year contract exceeds the phone resale value

Not a good decision moneywise
That is exactly what it boils down to. I never put insurance on my phones, but I suppose lifestyle has to come into account. For example, the gentleman that keeps getting thrown into swimming pools should definitely get it ;) When my teenage son gets a phone, he'll probably get a LifeProof case. I personally use a Case Mate Tough Xtreme but it's not waterproof.

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Getting insurance just makes no sense for those who plan to upgrade every year or even every other year. If you're careful with your phone and use a protective case, it should be just fine. Sell it when you want to upgrade and you'll get most of your money back.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I bought the Best Buy Geek Squad insurance. A bit expensive, but I'd get an instant walk-in replacement if something happened.

Sent via iMore app on iPad 2...

Thegreatone3

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I've been very lucky so far, though. I'm kind of OC about protecting and keeping my phones safe at all times. I've had five smartphones over the last five years and all have been spotless when I retired them. The day I lose or break my smartphone is probably when I'll spring for insurance.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I used to never get insurance. I was thrown into the pool once and ruined the phone. Paid out of pocket for a new one. Then I got thrown in a month later with the new phone. Same issue. Now, I get the insurance. Just had a thought, if the insurance is 9.99 per month and it costs $10 to add a line, is it worth getting the insurance?

Costs $10 to add a line- but you either have to buy the phone off- contract($$$) or pay for two contracts - yours from wrecked phone and new one. $10 to add a line and $90 per month to run it (min$50), def. insurance.

iPhobia

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely got apple care+ for my phone. Only had the phone a month and a half before I broke it and got another. $49 deductable and $35 to put a case on this one and a brand new phone.

ljpuk

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
No apple care+ here in UK. I've just put the money aside to go and get one from Apple if I need a replacement.

ktez

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I have AppleCare+ also. The insurance through Verizon was just way too expensive and Square Trade is not available in my state. The only bad thing is the nearest Apple store is over an hour away, but if something happened to my phone, it would be totally worth it to go there and get it taken care of.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77