View Poll Results: Have you encountered this bug?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've had this issue

2 40.00%
  • Never seen it before

3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    This has happened more than once and is really annoying, apple need to fix it.

If you're unaware at what I'm talking about, after a download has completed a duplicate appears and shows 'installing' and doesn't go away unless I reboot
    Attached Thumbnails Application issues after downloaded-image.jpg  
    Last edited by siddo_d; 10-06-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    10-06-2012 04:25 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. You show a picture of an app that is currently installing but haven't provided any other information as to what the issue is. I see there are two Flixster apps there but one could be a lite or alternative version.

Any chance you could elaborate further so that further posters can provide a meaningful response please mate?
    10-06-2012 08:09 AM
    I know what you're talking about, OP. it took a reboot to get rid of the duplicate icon. I find if you let it download completely and not touch it beforehand it doesn't seem to happen.
    siddo_d likes this.
    10-06-2012 09:44 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. You show a picture of an app that is currently installing but haven't provided any other information as to what the issue is. I see there are two Flixster apps there but one could be a lite or alternative version.

Any chance you could elaborate further so that further posters can provide a meaningful response please mate?
    it's self explanatory…
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    10-06-2012 10:47 AM
    Yah, rebooting the phone fixes it every time for me. I agree, it's still annoying as heck.
    10-06-2012 10:54 AM
    It's self explanatory
    Fortunately the person who posted third has provided enough info for me to work out what you were trying to say. Never having the issue myself, I was unaware of what you were getting at.

It's an odd phenomenon and one I assume has appeared in IOS6? I don't have it on either my iPad or iPhone which are both on iOS6 and certainly didn't have it on any IOS5 devices.
    10-06-2012 10:56 AM
    Fair enough and this is a iOS 6 issue and happened to my iPhone 4 when I updated it
    10-06-2012 12:03 PM
    It has only happened on my iPhone 5. It's never happened on my iPad 2 which is iOS 6 also. Looks like its an iPhone 5 thing more than an iOS thing... But I'm not sure.
    10-06-2012 06:45 PM
    I've had this issue on iOS 6 since the first beta.
    10-06-2012 06:55 PM
    Nice to know. I'll retract my comment then, guess it is an iOS 6 issue - but I can only replicate on my phone and not my iPad - so either it's inherent to phones and not to iPads or I just have lucked out.

Seems to be worse if I'm downloading multiple apps at the same time - when I did an iCloud restore when I first got my phone, I had maybe 3 or 4 duplicate icons before rebooting. I haven't had it happen lately but I've also got pretty much exactly what I want/need at this point.
    10-06-2012 09:59 PM