• I've had this issue

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Never seen it before

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

siddo_d

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
This has happened more than once and is really annoying, apple need to fix it.

If you're unaware at what I'm talking about, after a download has completed a duplicate appears and shows 'installing' and doesn't go away unless I reboot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. You show a picture of an app that is currently installing but haven't provided any other information as to what the issue is. I see there are two Flixster apps there but one could be a lite or alternative version.

Any chance you could elaborate further so that further posters can provide a meaningful response please mate?

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I know what you're talking about, OP. it took a reboot to get rid of the duplicate icon. I find if you let it download completely and not touch it beforehand it doesn't seem to happen.

siddo_d

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. You show a picture of an app that is currently installing but haven't provided any other information as to what the issue is. I see there are two Flixster apps there but one could be a lite or alternative version.

Any chance you could elaborate further so that further posters can provide a meaningful response please mate?
it's self explanatory…

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It's self explanatory?

Fortunately the person who posted third has provided enough info for me to work out what you were trying to say. Never having the issue myself, I was unaware of what you were getting at.

It's an odd phenomenon and one I assume has appeared in IOS6? I don't have it on either my iPad or iPhone which are both on iOS6 and certainly didn't have it on any IOS5 devices.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It has only happened on my iPhone 5. It's never happened on my iPad 2 which is iOS 6 also. Looks like its an iPhone 5 thing more than an iOS thing... But I'm not sure.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Nice to know. I'll retract my comment then, guess it is an iOS 6 issue - but I can only replicate on my phone and not my iPad - so either it's inherent to phones and not to iPads or I just have lucked out.

Seems to be worse if I'm downloading multiple apps at the same time - when I did an iCloud restore when I first got my phone, I had maybe 3 or 4 duplicate icons before rebooting. I haven't had it happen lately but I've also got pretty much exactly what I want/need at this point.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2