Having a wifi issue

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I can use wifi at my own home without a problem. The phone doesn't see it at my parents house. I powered down and powered on again after like a minute and it still didn't see it. Does anyone else have this problem and can help me? I'll probably have to call apple from their house.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Without any more details ... since it works at your house but not your parents my first instinct would be there is a problem with your parents wi-fi (modem/router) not the iPhone

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Without any more details ... since it works at your house but not your parents my first instinct would be there is a problem with your parents wi-fi (modem/router) not the iPhone

also leahg, have you tried to reboot your parents moden/router to see if that will resolve the issue of your phone not connecting to it?

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've rebooted it, asked my mom to "forget the network"on her 4s, and rebooted my phone. When she forgot the network on her phone, it showed up right after. Mine refuses to see it

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I've rebooted it, asked my mom to "forget the network"on her 4s, and rebooted my phone. When she forgot the network on her phone, it showed up right after. Mine refuses to see it

hmmm...i dont have an answer for you here at all. Perhaps maybe someone with the same issue might see this and post. Only suggestion i'd make to you now is what your original plan was - to call Apple and see what their take on it is.

Only other idea i'd have is to do a restore like new on your phone. dont use a back up & see what happens then. Make a back up before you do, so this way you have it just in case you need to put it back on to your phone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
They said it was because it was aluminum

Ah!! I would've never thought of mentioning that to you. The same thing did happen to me over the summer with a case I got from Amazon. My wifi worked fine, I put the case on and it would fluctuate. I didn't noticed till the next morning. Took the case off, everything was fine. Returned it of course.

Well glad that was a simple fix for you Leah:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Some routers are weird about that...get yourself a dual band router and never worry about signal penetration (giggity) again...then you just get to fight with your iPhone with connecting to a 5Ghz network, which it doesn't like to do all the time for some reason (or more likely, doesn't like to share for some reason).

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone update the carrier settings and now having trouble connecting to wifi? I updated last night and now cannot connect to my home network which I was on before the update. It flat out just won't connect. Of course I reset network settings and disconnected (forget) from the network then tried to connect. Nothing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77