...(snipped)...
    Just what we need... a juvenile with an attitude. #nothanks
    (Laughing)...I was thinking the same thing.
    10-05-2012 07:08 PM
    The beauty of being an adult and you being a child is that nobody cares if you're pissed off...you're lucky to have an iPhone period. You don't have "your own" upgrades, you have an account under your parents (that you can't legally get because you're a child), and THEY have upgrades that CAN be used on you, or them...or never if they choose to. You're not obligated anything because you saved your tooth fairy money to buy an iPhone for an upgraded price you would have never received had your parents not signed you up under their phone plan kiddo.

As far as a flame war...there's no war with you child, we're simply telling you how it is. Again, if you don't like it, that's ok...makes absolutely no difference and obligates you to nothing.

P.S. - At 14, i worked part time with my dad on his mustang dirt track car and in the summers doing lawn work so i could get a car when i was 16...i also enjoyed super nintendo way too much and played JV baseball, basketball and football. I didn't have much time to come online and try to convince adults that i was some how entitled to the luxuries they enjoyed and sometimes provided to me...you know, because i had a pretty good grasp on reality. You'll get it someday sport.
    Lol, kk. You win. I'm a spoiled brat and so is the rest of my generation. I don't need you to tell me that

Just what we need... a juvenile with an attitude. #nothanks
    I'm not amused. inb4 "nobody cares"
    Last edited by iSmileyFace; 10-05-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    10-05-2012 07:57 PM
    Lol, kk. You win. I'm a spoiled beat and so is the rest of my generation. I don't need you to tell me that

I'm not amused. inb4 "nobody cares"
    If I find out that any of my kids respond or have ever responded in the manner in which you are responding to other grown ups / parents, I will slap the color off their body, and I mean that with every fiber of my being. I'm one of those parents that demand respect from a child whether mine or not and the parents of my kids' friends all know it. Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of being able to voice one's opinion, but if you're a kid, you had better find a more respectful way of voicing that opinion. More importantly, you need to learn when to keep your opinions & comments to yourself, especially when conversing with adults.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-05-2012 08:16 PM
    If I find out that any of my kids respond or have ever responded in the manner in which you are responding to other grown ups / parents, I will slap the color off their body, and I mean that with every fiber of my being. I'm one of those parents that demand respect from a child whether mine or not and the parents of my kids' friends all know it. Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of being able to voice one's opinion, but if you're a kid, you had better find a more respectful way of voicing that opinion. More importantly, you need to learn when to keep your opinions & comments to yourself, especially when conversing with adults.
    Oooooh. I'm so scared. You gonna slap the color off poor little innocent me? Try it. You'll get arrested for child abuse. Quite frankly, I don't care about your opinion, or what your opinion is on my opinion (opinception). But kk, I'll take your advice into consideration.
    10-05-2012 08:28 PM
    Oooooh. I'm so scared. You gonna slap the color off poor little innocent me?
    No, that is not what I said. Anyway, you're not respectable enough or smart enough to take some sound advice so I will gracefully take the high road. Take care and have a safe and pleasant evening & weekend.
    10-05-2012 08:31 PM
    No, that is not what I said. Anyway, you're not respectable enough or smart enough to take some sound advice so I will gracefully take the high road. Take care and have a safe and pleasant evening & weekend.
    Just me'd is a solid old school dad. Just the type that I approve of for my kids to hang with his kids. With my hand me down iphone of course. 😀
    Just_Me_D and GPAbsinthe like this.
    10-05-2012 09:25 PM
    I guess I rank pretty high on the Dad list I got the i5 for my daughter. She has achieved far above what I could have ever asked of her...4.6GPA carrying only AP and Honors classes. Still finding time for Jazz Band, Chorus, Orchestra. Plus she takes out the trash! When I told her I was ordering her one( I wanted to check out the LTE), she asked if it could wait till Xmas, that her i4 was fine and she didn't want here mother to be mad at her...

Just hand over the Trophy!
    Just_Me_D, Fausty82 and RedLine78 like this.
    10-05-2012 09:27 PM
    I guess I rank pretty high on the Dad list I got the i5 for my daughter. She has achieved far above what I could have ever asked of her...4.6GPA carrying only AP and Honors classes. Still finding time for Jazz Band, Chorus, Orchestra. Plus she takes out the trash! When I told her I was ordering her one( I wanted to check out the LTE), she asked if it could wait till Xmas, that her i4 was fine and she didn't want here mother to be mad at her...

you and yours have done an outstanding job raising your daughter to this point. I tip my hat to you...
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-05-2012 09:49 PM
    Lol, kk. You win. I'm a spoiled brat and so is the rest of my generation. I don't need you to tell me that
    I never called you a spoiled brat...i just think you're a typical clueless teenie bopper, but the beauty of that is, you'll grow out of it (hopefully...your continued use of "kk" is steering you away from that right now). Entitlement, thankfully, is one of the first things you learn to eliminate in the real world, when you find yourself in a situation that your teenager brain tells you is "unfair", something that really pisses you off...and you realize that this entitlement thing you dreamt up as a child was ridiculous, and that no one believes in it but you.
    10-05-2012 11:01 PM
    Oooooh. I'm so scared. You gonna slap the color off poor little innocent me? Try it. You'll get arrested for child abuse. Quite frankly, I don't care about your opinion, or what your opinion is on my opinion (opinception). But kk, I'll take your advice into consideration.

And that's the problem with kids today. No respect... and when someone calls them on it, they mouth off with some "sue your @$$" crap. When I was a kid, if I got in trouble at school, I got it worse when I got home. Today, when a kid acts out and gets in trouble at school, he goes home tells his parents who lawyer up and head to the principal's office. Lack of accountability its what it is.

---------- Post Merged at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Huge difference between a child being rewarded for working hard and one demanding his entitlement. Good job, Chex!
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-05-2012 11:07 PM

Good for her that is outstanding and good for you to recognize it vs it just being the standard
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-05-2012 11:08 PM
    This speaks worlds to your lack of understanding and your immaturity (which is expected, you are a child still). His explanation was trying to infer that he does not tolerate disrespect and that a child (like yourself) that wanted respect for your opinion on things (such as the subject of this thread) would be much more tactful when trying to convince others of your stance on parents taking upgrades. Right out of the box your words reflect your age (that's not a good thing), hopefully one day you understand why people are looking at you like a moron, otherwise the real world is going to be pretty tough for you. It's ok though, it takes all kinds...self entitled people are what keep me employed, i get to put cuffs on you and remind you physically/mentally that in the grand scheme of things, that route only pays out to me when i force you to understand, instead of getting to understand it for yourself.

Good luck little one!
    10-05-2012 11:09 PM
    Looks like somebody doesn't have so much of a life after all... Just for your information, he would not try it, he would succeed to it. THEN only would he get arrested. You, on the other hand, wouldn't have so much of nothing to be conscious for anymore.

Kids certainly aren't entitled to everything... but I'm not so sure parents are always so righteous. For some, if their kids do good its all because they are such good parents... but when their kids do bad, they sure don't know how that could happen - surely some bad influence outside of home is messing with their mind. Others, like my dad was, are really though parents, and that gives you a couple of lessons in life. But when I used to try and speak to him about what I wanted to do later, he would turn me down and say that I should do otherwise. That it was a stupid mistake to try and earn a life this way. To pay for those studies that wouldn't bring me nothing. So he eventually forced me into a program I did not like - he was paying for it, and I was raised to respect my parents decision - and I eventually dropped off. I was an adult by then. Finally studied in my domain, by my own means, and I was really good at it... but it was just too late. I had a girlfriend, a life to pay for, and soon a kid on the way... I tried to manage, but I eventually gave up school altogether and started to work more to earn this life. Crappy job. Hard times... Eventually found a better job, and I'm quite at ease now, considering where I come from not three years ago. I love my dad, and I really believe he did his best - but I sure won't thank him for that part of my education. I'd like to go back to school, but my girlfriend is epileptic, and most of the household is on my shoulders now when it comes to money, because the less she works the less she's stressed, and the less she falls face down on the floor and break her teeth in - which really happened, among others such terrible moments, some of which I tried but could not prevent my daughter to witness. Same reason why I agreed to have kids so soon - you don't deny such a sweet girl as my girlfriend the only thing she ever really wanted in life when you saw her face go purple and her lips go grey on a couple occasions, and could do nothing more than hope the seizure would diminish enough for her to be able to recover her breath again - and yes, btw, I know all the drill about it, and still it's not any guarantee to lie her down on her side and hold her just enough so she doesn't trash her head and limbs all over the place and hurt herself more. So... My dad is a man bigger and stronger than me, who made more of a life at my age that I probably ever will, and yet I'm not afraid to say that I think I'm a greater man than he is, and he sure as hell has got little to do with who I became - unless you consider downplaying me all my life and not being there a good education. He's enough of a good man, and did enough for me and my brother (he never deserted us, and worked all his life to provide us with the necessary and then some), for me to still love him as much as I did as a kid, but that's really all I can say without lying. He was a hard, really hard man, and not always for the better.

Condescending adults are a plague, too. When I look at my little girl, I can see that the things that "annoy" me the most about her character are things I dislike about my own... And the marvelous things she does, I'm not always so sure that I have all that much to do with it, except trying to be there for her. One way or another, I just try not to mix what I think and what I feel with what I consider the best thing to do to help her grow up at that moment. IMHO, a parent can only do so much as push kids in the right direction... it's them that walk the path, not us. Their skills and personnality are not ours, but we sure can help them grow. Their faults, however, I won't so readily pretend we got nothing to do with...

Which doesn't change a thing to the fact that they are not entitled to any thing unless they learn to deserve it. Not because I don't wish sometimes I could get her what she wants even if she did not deserve it - I love her so much, in all absolute I don't care about what she deserves or not - but because I know it won't help her a bit. I don't think I deserve those things more than her - you can say all what you want, but at the end of the day, YOU decided to have kids, not them. It's not because I paid for the iPad that she doesn't get to use it just as much as I do. Not because I pay for the house that she should be the one doing all the chores while I sit my *** off. When that time will come, she'll do some, my girlfriend and I will do the rest. Kids are entitled love, but something else, too - to be kids, and hopefully remain kids as long as that crude world will allow them to. Not spoiled brat kids - but kids nevertheless.

One last thing... when I was a kid, my parents did not go around with cool things like iPhones at hand at all times. In fact, WE had the "cool things" - the SNES and what else. What were toys back then are now parents property - its dads that have XBOX and PS3, moms that have laptops and tablets. Here again, you can say what you want about teenagers thinking they're entitled to have a phone, but we sure as hell don't help with that. My mother-in-law bought my daughter a little calculator the other day. Because the buttons are flat and rounded squares, she likes to think it's an iPhone. She was going around talking in it, and saying it was her iPhone 5. She's not even five yet. I wasn't entitled to all what my parents had when I was young. But nothing they had - apart the money to pay things, and permissions, and drive a car - I wanted anyway. It was boring adult things. Not so easy to say that about what parents use today...
    10-06-2012 01:22 AM
    Ohhhh boy. I'm becoming a motoleo. Everybody hates meh! D: I'm not even going to reply to all of you. Far too much writing to waste my time on. But yeah none of you really told me anything I didn't already know. I'm sorry if I offended you or something. I'll be good now. Maybe I should just return to the shadows, keeping quiet like always....

inb4 "yes, go away nobody wants you here"
    10-06-2012 07:50 AM
    Ohhhh boy. I'm becoming a motoleo. Everybody hates meh! D: I'm not even going to reply to all of you. Far too much writing to waste my time on. But yeah none of you really told me anything I didn't already know. I'm sorry if I offended you or something. I'll be good now. Maybe I should just return to the shadows, keeping quiet like always....

inb4 "yes, go away nobody wants you here"
    You are not becoming a motoleo and there is no need for you to keep quiet and/or go back to the shadows. You are a 14 year old kid and many of the people who peruse this forum are well into their 40's, 50's and even older. All I ask is that you recognize that fact and conduct yourself in a manner that is respectful of them. We are not teenagers. We don't say "kk" or any other teen text acronym. In summary, if you want to converse with the big boys then present yourself worthy of conversing with the big boys. In the meantime, I hope you have a safe & pleasant day.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-06-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    10-06-2012 09:34 AM
    yes, you are really a good dad. if my dad can buy an iphone 5 for me, then i would say my dad is greater than you. haha ;p
    10-06-2012 10:01 AM
    What he's saying is if you were his child he'd slap the color out of your face. That's not abuse, that's discipline. Disciplining your child is not illegal. I've told more than one parent that their kid didn't need me, they needed a belt. If your parents had properly raised you this thread would have stopped a while ago. This is why this generation is like it is. Kids aren't disciplined anymore. Now kids get grounded or their TV taked away. I got my tail tore up. It's a much more lasting punishment. My kids will attest to that as well. You are going to be in for a rude awakening when you get to the real world. Let me guess you feel that you are entitled to a $50k/yr job just because you went to college and got a degree is political science or some other useless degree? And the government should pay back those pesky loans? Let me give you a heads up, the world is a tough cruel place. You aren't entitled to anything. If you want something, you take your butt out and work for it.
    10-06-2012 12:47 PM
    Few things beat a new iPhone but surely being "dad of the year" is one of them.
    10-08-2012 10:31 AM
68 123