How did I keep unlimited data on both lines on Verizon

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I upgraded on a line with unlimited data and an upgrade. When I got the phone I called csr to activate on my line ( the one without An upgrade). She did. Now I look at my line and it is unlimited as expected. I look at the line I used the upgrade from And it still shows unlimited. So, what happened? Not like I am complaining of course. I thought the line I used the upgrade from was supposed to go to tiered?

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You were supposed to go tiered. You either got lucky and slipped through the cracks or your account is just being a little slow to update. Keep an eye on it.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been. Been close to a week. My normal period runs to the 28th. I am nervous if they pro rate for the week if they do go to tiered as I am over 500 MB on the one that would be tiered so that's not good.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine also runs through the 28th.... I look online and it still says unlimited but I know I switched to a 2GB data plan... I just think it has not updated online yet. But you never know... Maybe you will get lucky!

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Screen shot online, save the screenshot and if you have any troubles provide them with that screenshot of time and date. They cant fight that really.

jono119

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
i thought if you had a family plan and you had unlimited on all the lines and upgraded one line it would switch all the lines in the family plan to the shared data.
For instance i have 5 lines all have unlimited data- 2 of which are eligible for upgrade. if i upgrade 1 of them, would it switch my whole family plan to shared data?

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i thought if you had a family plan and you had unlimited on all the lines and upgraded one line it would switch all the lines in the family plan to the shared data.
For instance i have 5 lines all have unlimited data- 2 of which are eligible for upgrade. if i upgrade 1 of them, would it switch my whole family plan to shared data?
It's supposed to.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Not at all. You would have to give up the unlimited, yes, but you could easily move each line to the 2 GB for $30. If it's cheaper to do the family share everything, than by all means, do it, but it won't automatically do that for you.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Only one line should go to tiered, the one that was used for the upgrade. I guess we will see...

Most times it doesn't update online until the end of your bill cycle, unless the rep/person doing the upgrade makes it the day the phone is sold, so that may be the delay. Or you could just be really lucky.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if so and it does update at the end of the cycle, will it be retroactive and screw me on the line with 2 gb that is allready over a prorated 500 mb for one week? I hope not!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if so and it does update at the end of the cycle, will it be retroactive and screw me on the line with 2 gb that is allready over a prorated 500 mb for one week? I hope not!

Usually, no. But if the bills comes and it did, I would call and explain. They would hopefully be able to work with you.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Still looking good BTW.

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Still looking good BTW.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Still looking good BTW.

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Still looking good BTW.

I'm glad. No one likes getting large bills. Speaking of, since I know you have Verizon, you should update your carrier settings if you haven't already.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I did update them. All lines still at unlimited and I am in new billing period so something glitched.

---------- Post Merged at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Yup, I did update them. All lines still at unlimited and I am in new billing period so something glitched.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I better quite whilst ahead!

---------- Post Merged at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Yeah, I better quite whilst ahead!

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're with Verizon, anyhow buying an apple product thru Verizon you pay full retail for there products you can't get subsidized prices from apple like you can with any of the Google phones. So in saying that as long as you pay full retail you keep your unlimited plan. Now if you had used an upgrade to say buy a GSII at the subsidized price then you would had lost unlimited data and been put on the tiered plan

---------- Post Merged at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:24 PM ----------

I assume you're with Verizon, anyhow buying an apple product thru Verizon you pay full retail for there products you can't get subsidized prices from apple like you can with any of the Google phones. So in saying that as long as you pay full retail you keep your unlimited plan. Now if you had used an upgrade to say buy a GSII at the subsidized price then you would had lost unlimited data and been put on the tiered plan

---------- Post Merged at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm sorry but... what? You absolutely can and DO get subsidized pricing for apple products if you buy through Verizon. The phone retails for $700 and with the agreement you get it for $200, just like the GS3 is $650 retail and you can get it for $150-200 with the agreement. Same with AT&T and Sprint.

Now yes, if you pay the full price you DO keep unlimited but the OP didn't do that.

I'm not sure where you got that misinformation from. Heck, the announcement lists the $200 price for the iPhone through all US carriers. :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1