Anyone missing their iPhone 4/4S?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I was anticipating this phone since iMore published the assumed dates at the end of July. Don't get me wrong, it's great, coming from a 4 I love all the features that you miss with iOS 6 and what not.. But I miss the size of my 4, and the weight. And I'm a bit discouraged that all the apps aren't even optimized for the 5 yet, I pretty much have the 3.5 inch panel on my 5. I don't know, it's just bugging me cause I paid full retail, when I could've bought a 4S on CL and saved like 500 bucks. So maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking it'll get better? Anyone else thinking about their old device in the shadow?

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

freight48

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
A lot of my apps have been updated in the past few days. All optimized for iPhone 5. At least 4-5 apps a day.. Soon they all will work with the bigger screen.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you should have waited until devs updated your apps. That's sounds like your major concern. But this was something that was known at announcement. Could have saved some disappointment and couple bucks. But in my opinion apps not optimized doesn't make me miss my 4s especially knowing the apps will be updated soon. Just my thoughts but good luck.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
you're crazy man if you want I'll do a straight up trade with you :D It will of course get better I think for the last week I've checked and there wasn't one day that there weren't at least 2 apps that were updated. I mean Facebook updated and they are slower than molasses. I definitely don't agree on the weight thing I just came from playing with one in an Apple store and the weight is Crazy!!! How could you miss that? I carry mine in my pocket every day and I feel the weight.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My only concern so far is is how the thinness might affect taking photos--I'm thinking about rolling without a case but this phone is SO thin that it's actually a little tough to shoot with one hand. Otherwise, I'm loving it, and I was a doubter until I held one.

Truth3000

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I love the look, the speed, the camera, the weight, the length, the screen, all of it! I gave my 4S to my son who passed his 4 down to his younger sister. We are all happy! I think that te first iPhone should have been exactly like this! It's what I've been waiting for!

MrLogan

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It's barely been one day since release, apps will be updated over the next several weeks. The size is fantastic, and it's lighter. You want your phone to be heavier?

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
wtf folks are saying they miss the weight omg please this thing is perfect i don't miss crap i would gladly take this any day over others. geesh had they made it the same folks would be complaining on that its to much weight this thing is great to me but that is just my opinion and we all are privy to that. let the show gooooooooooooooooo on..... :)

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Wasn't putting down the device at all, I like it a lot. I guess I just got so accustomed to the feel of the 4. But you all are right! I'm glad I've got my iP5 and need to enjoy the deeper features of it! I appreciate the wake up call! :)

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I understand what the OP is saying. Call me crazy but (so far) I miss the weight of my 4S (I know it's only been a day). I'm not basing the 5 at all, I really like it, but i really got use to the size and weight of the 4S. I know the same will happen w the 5 but I understand the OP's opinion. This is why I'm keeping my 4S as well.

IMHO - the weight (or maybe thickness) made it easier/faster to type on. I think this may be because I felt the device more, without feeling like I needed to use my index fingers to hold the device.

ronarchy

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I miss my Google Maps! The rest is ok but I completely get what you are saying and kind of agree with you. It will be better in a few weeks.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
It's a change which will take some getting use to.

Don't get me wrong, the device is awesome and the size and weight is unbelievable.

Also, the bump in performance is great.

I guess this shows that even the 4S was/is still a solid device!

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 4s I'm loving the 5 all the way! I don't even sweat the apps that have not updated to match screen size. Give it time!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I wish ncsettings was stock so it's easier to turn on and off cellular data. LTE man handles my battery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2