Anyone find it harder / less accurate typing on the iP5?

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm noticing my screen isn't as touch sensitive as my 4 or 4S. I'm finding it more difficult to type on the 5, but I'm hoping it's just me adjusting to the slight difference in phone size and the way it feels in the hand. Possibly the new screen tech causes a different "feel". Either way I'm hoping it's just something I adjust to over the next few days.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree it's become a bit difficult to type on the 5 sometimes ill press a letter and it won't register on the phone so ill end up trying to type phone and will end up with home -_-

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed that sometime I press a key and it doesn't respond. It's happened once in the messages app and once in an app not ready for the new screen. I figured I just hit in the black area of the screen until it happened in the messages app.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i'm so glad this thread started. i noticed this right when i activated the phone. i came from a galaxy nexus but owned a iPod touch and i could have sworn i was much better at typing on the iTouch then what I am experiencing on the iPhone 5. i wonder if its the new screen or something they tried different with the OS. regardless, i am definitely making more mistakes than i did with the iTouch.

my biggest problems on the keyboard are hitting the letters close to the edge of the screen, like P, A, etc. i also seem to hit the backspace a lot when i reach for L or M. as someone else mentioned, when i type fast it seems to skip letters. hope this can be improved with future software upgrades!

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I thought the same thing but found that I had the most problems on letter boxed apps. It is because your thumbs are touching down in the natural 4s spot but it is higher when letter boxed

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The only issues I have had are clicking the backspace vs the 'm' and clicking 's' instead of 'a'. All of this has been done in portrait, where the screen size/keyboard size should be identical, and on stock apps (messages and email).. My only guess is likle others have said, the weight difference must be causing a subtle difference in how I hold the phone.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Im coming from a blackberry torch 9850. I used suretype-- 2 letters on each (larger) key. I dont have the auto correct issues with suretype but i cant type as fast or without looking yet.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I notice as well that sometimes when I press a letter it doesn't respond. So I have decided to slow it down a bit and see if that helps.

sudbury78#WN

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Love this post. Yes, it seems more difficult and from a few people had said, absolutely does the space bar seem less responsive as I have run in words a lot!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2