Visit site
A little more boom?
byma5y3u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 27391

The "4G" is faster than their LTE. What the heck?

This is not uncommon. I've actually turned off LTE. Here in South Africa I'm getting comparable download speeds on HSPA+.

I just miss out on the faster upload speeds.

Apparently the LTE download speeds are comparable to HSPA+ due to the lack of LTE spectrum.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
This is not uncommon. I've actually turned off LTE. Here in South Africa I'm getting comparable download speeds on HSPA+.

I just miss out on the faster upload speeds.

Apparently the LTE download speeds are comparable to HSPA+ due to the lack of LTE spectrum.

Sounds like they need to step up their LTE game. Dang AT&T.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
With AT&T still on Edge in many places still to this day, it's not surprising their LTE sucks in certain (many?) places... I was on AT&T for many years and in denial about how bad their network was... I was on their HSPA network but didn't need to go far to be on EDGE... I recently switched to VZW after learning LTE was available in my area... And quite fast too... About 30 Mbps down/12 Mbps up... AT&T can suck it

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
Exxod, where are you located? You may be in an area where AT&T only owns a 5x5 block of spectrum for LTE.

In my sector of the country, AT&T LTE is in the 40-50 Mbps range. That's because they have 10x10 spectrum here.

Also, I can change speed test servers and usually get far different ranges of speed.

Last edited:

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Exxod, where are you located? You may be in an area where AT&T only owns a 5x5 block of spectrum for LTE.

In my sector of the country, AT&T LTE is in the 40-50 Mbps range. That's because they have 10x10 spectrum here.

Also, I can change speed test servers and usually get far different ranges of speed.

They've recently rolled out LTE here -- just last year, actually.

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
They've recently rolled out LTE here -- just last year, actually.

I kind of need a location to see if it's just a mis-deployed network or a spectrum issue. AT&T just bought a bunch of 700 MHz spectrum in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Oklahoma City, all places where LTE is significantly slower than their LTE network in the rest of the US.