Apple announced its fourth quarterly results, with good news for iPhone but bad news for Mac

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone surprised to learn the sale of Macs is down a bit? I’m not. With the economy the way it is, people are reluctant to purchase or upgrade a Mac or any computer, especially if the one they currently have is still sufficient for their computing needs. Customers are prioritizing and making decisions based on their circumstance.

If I had not purchased and moved into a newly built home two weeks before Apple’s September Event, I probably would have purchased both the new iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max and a new Watch, but instead, I opted to purchase the new Watch Ultra 2 to replace my beloved stainless steel Watch Series 5 that I bought 4 years ago since my iPhone is last year’s model (iPhone 14 Pro).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not surprised at all. The price tags are stiff. I can make do with my iPad at home. Now that may change when I retire, but I don't need anything fancy. I'll probably end up with a more affordable windows based laptop, which would suit me just fine... unless, of course, I win the lottery. :D

Reactions: Just_Me_D

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
$89.5 billion in revenue, $22.96 billion in net profit for the quarter, up 11% yoy.

For comparison, Samsungs network, smartphone, tablet, wearables, television, pc, refrigerators, air conditioning, and home appliances division combined had an operating profit of about $2 billion. Down 60% yoy. Android isn’t doing very well in 2023.

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Not to mention that the entire PC market has been dropping for the last 12 years, minus 2 years of growth when everyone suddenly had to work from home.

The fact is, outside of businesses, the vast majority of people can get along just fine with a phone and an iPad. Windows PCs and Macs are no longer "must haves" for home use.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That is true.

Since consumers are using iPads as a pc replacement, Apple made 14 billion last quarter for iPad and Mac sales.

Pretty sure that is more than Lenovo, hp, and dell made on their pcs and tablets. Apple is doomed

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
To me, the most interesting part of the PC sales growth during COVID is the fact that so many people suddenly NEEDED to by a PC for home use. That means everyone was getting along just fine WITHOUT a Windows PC at home.

Now that these people have a Windows PC at home, are they still using it now that they are back to working in an office? I am thinking that some/many/most will end up on eBay. A flood of used PCs on the market will help to drive new PC sales even lower.

With so many companies selling Windows PCs in a shrinking market, how soon before we start seeing some consolidation?

Yes, Apple is doomed!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77