Preorder not arriving for 3 weeks. Can I camp out launch day?

stephen007

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I successfully preordered my iPhone 5 at 1:26am PDT but it won't arrive for 3 weeks. Now that I officially have my order in can I still go to the Apple store on launch day and try to try one there earlier?

How would that work since the AT&T computer will say I'm already upgraded and, therefore, not eligible anymore? Does Apple have the option to just fulfill that order on the spot? Anyone ever do this?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
upgrade

I guess you could cancel your order and call Apple to see if they release your account upgrade, they might be able to do that, after canceling and calling Apple go back to the app store and add an iphone to the cart and see what price you get, it is a risk because you might end up canceling the order and not being able to get it on launch day.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Today I canceled my Apple pre-order because it said October. Theres no point in me keeping it when I'll have one someplace else by October. You'll more than likely get one Friday if you cancel the order.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Ugh I'm so disappointed I'm early October too, even though I preordered within 2.5 hours. I have to wait unfortunately, I don't have the time to be running around but I support any and all efforts to get your iPhones early lol

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Today I canceled my Apple pre-order because it said October. Theres no point in me keeping it when I'll have one someplace else by October. You'll more than likely get one Friday if you cancel the order.

you should call Apple and/or AT&T as soon as possible to make sure you still have the upgrade option, you dont want to camp out on friday to find out you need to pay full price.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You definitely want to check. Just because YOU have cancelled the order, it doesn't mean that your carrier will restore your upgrade immediately ... or at all without your asking/contacting them.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I did the same pre-ordered late. In my case I will wait simply because next Friday will be insane! How the pre-orders went should give you the type crazyness it will be on launch day. I don't have the time to get in lines and risk not getting one and having to pre-order again which can push it further in October. Why not just wait? Who knows you might get it late September and not October? You have to realize the shipping estimate is always the worst case scenario ;). I would rather wait 2-3 weeks and enjoy my jailbroken 4s for the time being.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I did the same pre-ordered late. In my case I will wait simply because next Friday will be insane! How the pre-orders went should give you the type crazyness it will be on launch day. I don't have the time to get in lines and risk not getting one and having to pre-order again which can push it further in October. Why not just wait? Who knows you might get it late September and not October? You have to realize the shipping estimate is always the worst case scenario ;). I would rather wait 2-3 weeks and enjoy my jailbroken 4s for the time being.

I am sure friday will be bad and so will when IOS6 is available for download to everyone. Going to be a lot of craziness over the next week or so.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you. Just a gentle reminder that I suggest that those who plan to keep their jailbreak must avoid ios6 until a jailbreak for ios 6 is released.

I am sure friday will be bad and so will when IOS6 is available for download to everyone. Going to be a lot of craziness over the next week or so.

stephen007

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
In case anyone reads this later and was wondering... I did end up cancelling my preorder. Checked the AT&T website ~15 minutes later and I was again eligible for the standard upgrade. So kudos to Apple & AT&T for not causing a huge headache there.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I've done the camping out at my local Best buy when the 4 launched. I arrived at 6AM and was the third in line. Two had camped out over night. I guess it just depends on where you are. I live in a town of 55K people but it is the only best buy for 200 miles. There were nine phones and 13 people showed up by the end.

If you have the time to camp, go for it. If you don't I'd hold on to your preorder. It was impossible to get one in the store for several weeks after the initial launch. When they did come in they were reserved for in store preorder pick ups. If you don't have time to camp, keep your preorder. First come first serve on those.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I will try to go to Best Buy or Verizon early in the morning on Friday even though I have a pre-order with Apple. I'll cancel if I can get one!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77