Shold I return my less than 2 weeks iPad 3 for the "4"

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought an iPad 3 on October 13. That's less than two weeks ago, and I understand Apple will let me return it and credit my credit card....
I would then get the "4" when they come out. Is it really that big a deal, I have to re-set up everything all over again and its it worth it
for the speed increments....I mean in day-to-day processing, will the speed be that noticable.
I am interested in what everyone out there thinks....I am leaning on returning it,,,,but it that really necessary?????

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If it were me, I would return it and get the updated iPad while I still could. With iTunes and iCloud there really is no hassle setting things up on a new device.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I would especially if the price will be the same ..

The new one will have a faster processor and the new connector ..

Will you notice the difference .. I highly doubt it but for the same price why not have the newest

geekpeter

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
unless people are into playing the latest high spec 3d fps shooter games non stop then the extra horsepower is pretty much useless, nothing else would come close to taxing it or taking advantage.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
No brainer - return the 3 and get a 4.... Once apps take full advantage of A6X, you'll be glad you did... consider it future proofing

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes yes and yes! I don't think the iPad 4 is a huge improvement from the 3 but it still is an improvement. Why keep the old when you can get the new?

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I think you should return the 3 and get the 4. Being that it will cost the same price (or should), it makes sense to upgrade for when you decide to sell it you'll be able to get more for it.

The minor hassle of having to un-box a new one and install all your stuff is minor considering you'll be able to get $50-$100 more for it when you sell.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Plus I'm sure that the 4 will get noticeably better battery life than the 3 as the A6X is said to be quite a bit more power efficient than the A5X

arkosakti

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I buy my ipad 3rd gen in Indonesia, well I'm Indonesian after all, Is there any chance that I can do the same thing (trade my 3rd gen ipad with 4th gen)? since I only buy it 2 weeks ago, any help?

tobias_i_d

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Dude, my situation is more like the same as yours. I bought my iPad 3 on Oct 10, even though I knew that Apple was going to launch the fourth-generation iPad. The reason i bought iPad 3 instead of waiting for the iPad 4 is:
- it still use 30 pin connector, it's as the same as my 3-month-old iPhone 4S, so I don't need to use an extra adapter for it.
- I live in Singapore, and our 4G network is not fully developed yet, like ok your iPad is capable to run 4G / LTE but if most of the time you only run on 3G, what is the point then?

Then I read an article in Imore which said that there is no significant difference between ipad 3 and ipad 4 besides the newer chip, lighting connector and better front camera. So yeah, I'll keep my ipad 3 for a while and upgrade it later when they launch the fifth or six generation iPad.

Cheers,

geekpeter

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
at least with a wifi ipad you still have the option of tethering via a phone of your choice, hopefully its cheaper to do that than buy a much more expensive 3g/4g device and potentially another sim/contract.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Return the the iPad 3
Buy it again for $50-100 less when iPad 4 is released
Buy more apps with saved $