Interesting WSJ Article

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Could not believe this article was posted today... all those arguments have been circulating around for months. So I google it... and it seems it actually was.

Competition - checked!
iPhone 4S "false upgrade" - checked!
Siri not working - checked!
Personnal traumatic experience - checked!
Apple's hype - checked!
Belief that any Apple's consumer buys for the wrong reasons - checked!

Hell, he even managed, though he didn't complain about it, to include the infamous dropped iPhone in his rant... One could actually believe he copied it all from other sources just to publish something with "iPhone 5" in the title.

Now, I find that I can't wait for the next iPhone to be out so we can be done with it... for about two months. Sometimes I think I won't buy it... First thing I'll know, people will stop me in the street to tell me just THAT! :eek:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm thinking he needed hits to an article. Let's write about Apple..

He writes how stupid he is basically. I was taken in by the hype i tell you. I suppose he was. He seems rather easy to manipulate.

They made me keep this iphone. I couldn't return it even though I was let down. It was torture. Yet I still have it. And I don't want to hear about improvements. Get that out of my face.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Professional SPAM at it's best...want eyes on your article? Write something about a popular social topic and enjoy all the viewers (even if your article is absolutely idiotic, like this one). This guy always uses the same tactics to "stand out" amongst his other boring WSJ brethren...go against the grain and make some sensationalist remarks about something he knows nothing about.

Last edited:

Tone.english

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see anything wrong with his article. He shared his opinion on why he will not be purchasing an iPhone 5, opinion noted. I'm planning on purchasing one and getting rid of my HTC One X, but this is because of my experiences With HTC and what I experienced with my iPhone 4. My iPhone just worked and my HTC, although a nice phone with an amazing screen, sometimes doesn't. But if he wants to stick with his iPhone 4s I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
So it's Apple's fault he's a klutz and doesn't like Siri?

How old is this guy? He sounds like a whiny child.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there a snowball's chance in Hades that the article author, Jon Friedman - posted here as "motoleo"?

That article sounds just like 'moto'.... :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see anything wrong with his article. He shared his opinion on why he will not be purchasing an iPhone 5, opinion noted. I'm planning on purchasing one and getting rid of my HTC One X, but this is because of my experiences With HTC and what I experienced with my iPhone 4. My iPhone just worked and my HTC, although a nice phone with an amazing screen, sometimes doesn't. But if he wants to stick with his iPhone 4s I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. I figured the guy to be stating his opinion of his experience with the iPhone 4S and felt letdown by Siri like so many other have. His opinion will have no effect on my decision to get the new iPhone or not and one reason is the fact that a lot of people aren't as tech savvy as we are. Still, he's right about one thing. There will be people who flock to a nearby Apple Store to get the new iPhone simply because it is the newest thing from Apple. Will they be the majority? I highly doubt it. ;)

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Geez... i just wasted 5 minutes of my precious life reading this absolute nonsence. To the OP: please don't name threads about "interesting articles" with catchy headlines like that. Because this article is exactly the opposite.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77