OFFICIAL: I'm Disappointed in the iPhone 5 Rumored Photos [ARE YOU???]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think you are forgetting about how many clueless people exist in the world and how many of them will buy an iPhone because they do not know any better.

All of us on here follow this stuff and care and want the most from our phone experience.

Most others will buy the next iPhone because it is what their grandparents have and it works for them. I can't remember where I saw or heard it, but most iPhone users had no idea what "iOS" is. Smart crowd... huh? Don't believe me? Ask a random iPhone user that isn't sucked into the latest details like we are and see what they say. Not saying that things are different on the Android side but there is no doubt that people buy the iPhone because they simply do not care about learning something else or because they want to look "hip" around their friends.

There was a time when someone could say, "Hey, that person is cool... they have an iPhone." No, the person was not "cool", but they were a trendsetter and recognized a great device. But that is no longer the case. After that, you had a large pool of people (including myself) who bought the iPhone because it was the best phone and it was until last year.

Now, people are buying it as a clueless follower and no longer leading.

Apple has always convinced people to buy their overpriced products instead of putting that money towards moving out of their parents house or apartment and will continue to do so.

I could give two ***** about looking cool around my friends. I bought an iPhone because it worked for ME. My BlackBerry could no longer get the job done and it was time to find one that did and after comparing Android and iOS, iOS won out.

There may be "sheeple" as it's been called before that buy an Apple product because their sister or brother has one, their parents both have one, their college professor has one, Victoria Beckham has one and their meter reader has one, but the vast majority of people who have an iPhone or another Apple product have it because it just works. But ya know what? There are people who only buy BB or only buy Android for the exact same reason.

And FTR, I've been out on my own for well over twelve years. I bought my home at the ripe old age of 24.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think you are forgetting about how many clueless people exist in the world and how many of them will buy an iPhone because they do not know any better.

All of us on here follow this stuff and care and want the most from our phone experience.

Most others will buy the next iPhone because it is what their grandparents have and it works for them. I can't remember where I saw or heard it, but most iPhone users had no idea what "iOS" is. Smart crowd... huh? Don't believe me? Ask a random iPhone user that isn't sucked into the latest details like we are and see what they say. Not saying that things are different on the Android side but there is no doubt that people buy the iPhone because they simply do not care about learning something else or because they want to look "hip" around their friends.

There was a time when someone could say, "Hey, that person is cool... they have an iPhone." No, the person was not "cool", but they were a trendsetter and recognized a great device. But that is no longer the case. After that, you had a large pool of people (including myself) who bought the iPhone because it was the best phone and it was until last year.

Apple has always convinced people to buy their overpriced products instead of putting that money towards moving out of their parents house or apartment and will continue to do so.

You pretend like Android based phone's have different kinds of customers, smarter if you will, lol...what a foolish and naive approach.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I could give two ***** about looking cool around my friends. I bought an iPhone because it worked for ME. My BlackBerry could no longer get the job done and it was time to find one that did and after comparing Android and iOS, iOS won out.

There may be "sheeple" as it's been called before that buy an Apple product because their sister or brother has one, their parents both have one, their college professor has one, Victoria Beckham has one and their meter reader has one, but the vast majority of people who have an iPhone or another Apple product have it because it just works. But ya know what? There are people who only buy BB or only buy Android for the exact same reason.

And FTR, I've been out on my own for well over twelve years. I bought my home at the ripe old age of 24.

Laura, with a comment like that, someone is definitely listening to you today...(laughing)

Reactions: GingerSnapsBack

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
People are quick to say they arn't willing to "blindly follow the crowd", but at the same time, they'll blindly pitch disappointment towards a leaked and unverified source of information...posting for days about how they don't like this and they don't like that. The truth is...the new iPhone could come out with a 5" screen and a midget that runs around texting for you while you are busy...we just don't know what it is going to be for sure yet.

What people need to do is chill out for a few weeks, wait to see what is coming down the pipe line LEGITIMATELY, and they need to quit getting all emotional over what is essentially hogwash (for the moment).

People are disappointed in what has leaked. Yes we know u say the same thing this could all be fake but if it is then they will be happy but until its on stage this is all they have to go off of and rightfully so to voice disappointments on what is in front of them. Real or not yada yada yada that you've said multiple times still doesnt change that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People are disappointed in what has leaked. Yes we know u say the same thing this could all be fake but if it is then they will be happy but until its on stage this is all they have to go off of and rightfully so to voice disappointments on what is in front of them. Real or not yada yada yada that you've said multiple times still doesnt change that.

We've gone over that at ad nauseam...my comment there was in retort to people saying others were following something blindly, when that is exactly what people expressing disappointment with the leaked information are doing. Pot calling the kettle black so to speak...

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Blah Blah Blah...

Ooooh... nice little plot to conquer the world, isn't it? I'm sure the strategy was applauded... "Yeah, now that we know we can sell anything to anybody, let's keep these teenagers at home". And it's nice to see you took the time to specify house OR apartment, that really cimented the argument.

"Buying it as a clueless follower and no longer leading"... Ok, so you're telling me, in order NOT to be a clueless follower, Apple has to do what Android and WP do. That's logical. Don't you people get it - Apple is simply not following anything else than their own goddamn mind. I think at least that should be clear by now - since your disappointment originates from a comparison with what's offered elsewhere right now, it's pretty obvious you're disappointed because the leaks suggest Apple is really not following in the traces of its fiercest competitors, but simply going its usual way. Which might piss you off, but that's why other companies are offering other choices. Because Apple does not occupy that specific market, it leaves a great deal of space for others to do so. Which in turn doesn't mean Apple's own market is endangered by them. And that has nothing to do with "sheeples", and everything to do with choice.

Hopefully, in a month or so you'll have made your choice, and it probably won't be Apple, and that's good, because it will help you grow up and understand what choice is about - it's about YOU making your own mind, not the others AROUND you. Every time the argument of the "circle of friends" and the "following of the trend" and everything pops out, it just makes me laugh. It's so teenager... When you'll be a tall and strong man like your daddy, you'll realize there's more to life than what the little punks and preppies in the schoolyard are thinking...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

WOW, when I read this post I feel like you are implying that iPhone users are blind followers who don't know anything and IF this is the case then I really feel sorry for you as you sound just like a closed minded individual. Just to let you know, a person doesn't have to read forums such as this one to know about the device that they are using, and by this, I mean any OS, not just iOS. Consumers aren't stupid, they don't need to be on a public forum to know about the iPhone, they just need to use or even see others using it. You see, many of the iPhone users stick with it not because they have to or are brainwashed into doing so but because they WANT to. Do you see the difference? I don't know too many people today that would just drop $200 on a product simply because it had a Apple logo on it if it didn't meet their needs. The blind follower dribble that you and others come here with around the time that every iPhone is getting ready to be released is growing very old. So please, go elsewhere if iOS isn't for you, but don't come here and insult our intelligence by implying that people don't know about the product they are purchasing and are doing so because they have been brainwashed or some other nonsense like that. TY.

Last edited:

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
For me, the new hardware is nice, but its really about OS and internals. The phone could look identical to the current model but as long as the internals improve, I'm happy.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
For me, the new hardware is nice, but its really about OS and internals. The phone could look identical to the current model but as long as the internals improve, I'm happy.
You realize that hardware and internals are the same, right? I think you are referring to the cosmetics? i.e. new casing.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

BEGIN RANT. People who buy iPhones to make them look cool are like every single white guy I know buying a snap back hat because they heard about them in a song. It's ridiculous. I bought my iPhone because it works for me. It gets everything I need done and gets it done fast. There are many people I know who literally only text and go on the internet with their iPhone. They don't use it to its full potential or anywhere close to it. That's fine, let them waste money on an iPhone wen there are plenty of cheaper options out there. It's a title for them. OHHHHHH LOOK AT ME EVERYONE I OWN AN IPHONE, I'M BETTER THAN YOU! I look at android users, blackberry users, webOS users, windows users all the same. If that device works for you then that's awesome. I cant stand the people who get a certain device just to make them look cooler. You get a certain device to make your life easier or complete tasks. END RANT.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
BEGIN RANT. People who buy iPhones to make them look cool are like every single white guy I know buying a snap back hat because they heard about them in a song.

Haha - I had no idea what a "snapback hat" was until I looked it up. Sounds like poor lyrics if its in a song. White or black, snapback hats weren't cool then and are not cool now. And neither are stickers or tags left on the hat.

It's great when one comment sparks so many other comments. But it is unfortunate when I clearly point out that people who follow these sites (for the most part) are above average and not included in my rant but still feel like I am pointing a finger at them.

Folks, don't wear your feelings on your sleeves. Life is too short to get upset of silly stuff.

I do find it amazing though that many people fail to realize the vast number of tech sites that are pointing out the concerns of Apple losing its mobile power and the Android system on the rise. This comes from someone who has never owned an Android product (yet). I just built an iPhone app. At the end of completion, I was by the developers if I wanted to build an Android version. And I did. There is no doubt that Andriod is on the rise. What that means, I'm not sure. I'm open to any phone that does what I want it to and I'm not hesitant to jump ships like many others are.

Reactions: redbeard

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...(snipped)...snapback hats weren't cool then and are not cool now. ...(snipped)...

Personally, I'd buy a Snapback hat in a heartbeat over a so-called fitted one. I despise them because they never quite fit right on *me*.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I do find it amazing though that many people fail to realize the vast number of tech sites that are pointing out the concerns of Apple losing its mobile power and the Android system on the rise. This comes from someone who has never owned an Android product (yet). I just built an iPhone app. At the end of completion, I was by the developers if I wanted to build an Android version. And I did. There is no doubt that Andriod is on the rise. What that means, I'm not sure. I'm open to any phone that does what I want it to and I'm not hesitant to jump ships like many others are.

You make pretty grossly generic implications with your comments though, flirting with that line of specifying certain users and grouping them all together...that is why you get the responses you do, because you use blanket terms when discussing negative attributes that some consumers have when buying products.

As far as the Android market building and growing...how on earth would it go any other way? Do you know what the Android market did? It watched iPhone take out the Blackberry's, the Palms, the Sony Ericsson's and the Nokia's...it watched those companies get DEVOURED by Apple's single phone release, and then it made the only feasible move at the time, it put Android on all of the "other" phones when people were looking to buy one. So now you go to the store and you see the newest Blackberry's, you see the recently added Windows phone, you obviously see the iPhone...and then EVERY other phone available is an Android based phone, no matter the maker, no matter the price range...they are all Android based phones.

How on earth would your company NOT grow? Now Samsung has made strides in the last year or so, their offerings are substantially better than what was available before...and in part to the fact that if you sell billions of cheap Android based phones around the world, you'll have the means to develop a handful of elite handsets. The Galaxy S III is a fine phone, it's the Captain of a very saturated ship of Android devices...but those elite phones are certainly not why the Android market grew to where it is today.

If Samsung had released the Galaxy S on its own with no other Android devices on the market in 2007...you'd find it in the bargain bin of Craigslist with all the Blackberry Storms and Palm Treo's, it's that simple. They put Android devices in the hands of so many people, that of course it's going to grow on all levels (from the bottom to the elite class phones)...you essentially replaced all cell phone devices outside of the iPhone and Blackberry with the name "Android", it's damn near impossible to buy anything BUT an Android device when you look at how it's been flooded on the market!

iPhone isn't for everyone...but if there's one thing Apple did right, it's that they built a phone (singular) that people instantly loved, used like crazy and desperately yearned for development (which Apple has given year in and year out).

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You make pretty grossly generic implications with your comments though, flirting with that line of specifying certain users and grouping them all together...that is why you get the responses you do, because you use blanket terms when discussing negative attributes that some consumers have when buying products.

As far as the Android market building and growing...how on earth would it go any other way? Do you know what the Android market did? It watched iPhone take out the Blackberry's, the Palms, the Sony Ericsson's and the Nokia's...it watched those companies get DEVOURED by Apple's single phone release, and then it made the only feasible move at the time, it put Android on all of the "other" phones when people were looking to buy one. So now you go to the store and you see the newest Blackberry's, you see the recently added Windows phone, you obviously see the iPhone...and then EVERY other phone available is an Android based phone, no matter the maker, no matter the price range...they are all Android based phones.

How on earth would your company NOT grow? Now Samsung has made strides in the last year or so, their offerings are substantially better than what was available before...and in part to the fact that if you sell billions of cheap Android based phones around the world, you'll have the means to develop a handful of elite handsets. The Galaxy S III is a fine phone, it's the Captain of a very saturated ship of Android devices...but those elite phones are certainly not why the Android market grew to where it is today.

If Samsung had released the Galaxy S on its own with no other Android devices on the market in 2007...you'd find it in the bargain bin of Craigslist with all the Blackberry Storms and Palm Treo's, it's that simple. They put Android devices in the hands of so many people, that of course it's going to grow on all levels (from the bottom to the elite class phones)...you essentially replaced all cell phone devices outside of the iPhone and Blackberry with the name "Android", it's damn near impossible to buy anything BUT an Android device when you look at how it's been flooded on the market!

iPhone isn't for everyone...but if there's one thing Apple did right, it's that they built a phone (singular) that people instantly loved, used like crazy and desperately yearned for development (which Apple has given year in and year out).

That is an outstanding response, Sean. ;)

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

That was good. :)

Cheers!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just. A. Phone. Settle. Down.

969638-cool_story__bro_super.jpg

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You didn't hear.. The iphone is the most awesome, do everything saving grace and you must wait in line because Tim Cook said so :p

Yeah, they'll rip your heart out and put in on a balance with the new iPhone... if your heart isn't pure then you don't get to get it... :D

Seriously though... no lines when you order online. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77