iphone 5 - Expectations?

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I just got an iPhone 4 yesterday (used from a co-worker) and upgraded from the iPhone 3GS which I've had since release. Since we more or less know what's coming with iOS 5 (the software side) I'll mention hardware that I would like to see on the 2011 iPhone.

Better external speakers
The iPhone 4 speakers are great, but I would like even better, maybe if possible, speakers on each side (top and botton) (or left/right for landscape) for movies and better stereo sound.

Better more responsive 'Home' button.
The iPhone 3GS 'Home' button was crap, and I like the iPhone 4 'Home' button, but I would like to see something more durable and rugged, i feel the current button is too fragile and wears out to quickly.

I like the current volume buttons and would like those to stay along with the silent and power on/off button. I wouldn't mind a external Camera button instead of using the camera button, although I can live with the volume button being the 'camera' button. I'm just use to taking my phone in landscape mode with the Home button on the right and the power button on the left, which would put the volume button on the bottom. So I would have to use the phone different and I'm sure Steve would say I'm not holding it right.

I love the retina display, while I wouldn't mind a 4" inch display and probably would prefer it, i wouldn't want it if it ment going to a lower resolution even a slightly lower resolution. I'm not sure what else they could do with the retina display as it is already very nice, maybe there's a retina plus display that has more vibrant colors or something.

With the 3.5" inch display I really hope Apple is able to make the phone lighter and thinner then the Samsung Galaxy S II which has a 4.3" screen and although the resolution is lower, the colors look great. The Samsung is 116 g (4.1 oz), while the iPhone 4 is 137 g (4.8 oz), so Apple has their work cut out for them. While making it lighter if it felt more 'sturdy' would be a big plus since the Galaxy feels kinda 'cheap' and plasticy.

For a little future proofing I would love to see a Dual Core A5 1.2+ GHZ processor. By + I mean 1.2Ghz being the minimum speed. Although I would be surprised to see this (i like surprises) since the iPad 2 is "only" at 1Ghz (A5 dual core chip). Also up to 1GB of RAM would be sweet. Although the iPhone 4 doesn't seem to have any issues with smoothness when it comes to multiple apps and iOS4. Note I haven't tried iOS5 so I don't know how the iPhone 4 handles the beta build of iOS5 if it gets sluggish. I know my 3GS gets sluggish if I open too many apps.

Anyways, I'm excited for what we know about iOS5, already enjoying the iCloud features in iTunes 10.3 and that's working in iOS4.3.3. Reclaimed a lot of music I thought I lost forever (without having to repurchase) and apps that I had forgotten about.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I expect with the extra long time until launch that it will be announced at the Sept. event and it will be on sale either that day or the following week.

I expect
4" screen with a smaller bezel
one model with CDMA/GSM
both Verizon and AT&T finally on the same iOS version 5
64GB model
A5 processor with 1GB RAM
bigger battery for longer battery life

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
3.7" screen with oled, or something like that.
new design
A5 processor
32 or 64GB model (iPhone 4 will continue to sell with 16GB only)
better camera
better battery life
LTE
2012 release date
white model will truly be released on the same day as the black model!

francey

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I would like.

stereo speakers
NFC
larger screen hopefully SOLED+ or similar
xenon flash( unlikely for battery purposes)
better camera
more robust homebutton
better camera
Duel core processor
1gb ram
more internal storage(but not as a replacement for any other upgrades)

I keep getting a niggling feeling that apple may release 2 iphones the same in everyway apart from screen size. due to the divide in the community. although the majority of iphone customers probably wont care too much either way.

clapfoot

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure theres gonna be a bigger screen this time around even though Steve Jobs previously said that 3.5 inch is the ideal.

Adhiboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Predict the iPhone 5 Specs

Predict what you actually think the iPhone 5 will be like.

My prediction:
4G LTE radios
New Apple processor, dual core, 1.2 GHz
1GB ram
12MP camera
Same retina screen
Look aesthetically similar to the iPhone 4
Called iPhone 5

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Predict what you actually think the iPhone 5 will be like.

My prediction:
4G LTE radios
New Apple processor, dual core, 1.2 GHz
1GB ram
12MP camera
Same retina screen
Look aesthetically similar to the iPhone 4
Called iPhone 5

Since we're dreaming.. how about free with a 2 year contract?

I can see the dual core A5 processor... and the RAM, screen and the same iP4 look, but no way it's gonna have 12MP camera or LTE. Just. Not. Gonna. Happen.

Adhiboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
When the iPhone 4 was announced, did anyone expect a Retina display? And with upcoming phones having 12MP cameras, I can definitely see it happening. Not to mention AT&T recently started pushing its LTE network.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When the iPhone 4 was announced, did anyone expect a Retina display? And with upcoming phones having 12MP cameras, I can definitely see it happening. Not to mention AT&T recently started pushing its LTE network.

The retina display was one of the first leaked features that people found out about the iPhone 4, so yes, everyone pretty much knew it was going to have some new type of screen.

And while nothing has been verified, every source since the dawn of the iPhone 5 rumor has stuck with the 8MP camera, i doubt that is by coincidence, it won't have a 12...in fact, if i remember correctly, there was a rumor that Sony was developing the camera of an iPhone for 2012 that was a 12MP, but that was squashed by Sony, who specifically said they had no such project.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2