Slightly bigger screen, external USB storage, universal app for iPhone/iPad/and Mac.
    07-15-2011 02:06 PM
    Predict what you actually think the iPhone 5 will be like.

My prediction:
    4G LTE radios
    New Apple processor, dual core, 1.2 GHz
    1GB ram
    12MP camera
    Same retina screen
    Look aesthetically similar to the iPhone 4
    Called iPhone 5
    Since we're dreaming.. how about free with a 2 year contract?

I can see the dual core A5 processor... and the RAM, screen and the same iP4 look, but no way it's gonna have 12MP camera or LTE. Just. Not. Gonna. Happen.
    07-15-2011 03:27 PM
    Predict what you actually think the iPhone 5 will be like.

My prediction:
    4G LTE radios
    New Apple processor, dual core, 1.2 GHz
    1GB ram
    12MP camera
    Same retina screen
    Look aesthetically similar to the iPhone 4
    Called iPhone 5
    Not gonna happen.
    07-15-2011 03:27 PM
    When the iPhone 4 was announced, did anyone expect a Retina display? And with upcoming phones having 12MP cameras, I can definitely see it happening. Not to mention AT&T recently started pushing its LTE network.
    07-15-2011 05:17 PM
    When the iPhone 4 was announced, did anyone expect a Retina display? And with upcoming phones having 12MP cameras, I can definitely see it happening. Not to mention AT&T recently started pushing its LTE network.
    The retina display was one of the first leaked features that people found out about the iPhone 4, so yes, everyone pretty much knew it was going to have some new type of screen.

And while nothing has been verified, every source since the dawn of the iPhone 5 rumor has stuck with the 8MP camera, i doubt that is by coincidence, it won't have a 12...in fact, if i remember correctly, there was a rumor that Sony was developing the camera of an iPhone for 2012 that was a 12MP, but that was squashed by Sony, who specifically said they had no such project.
    07-15-2011 05:48 PM
    Dude, put down the weed and step away from the munchie bar... it simply isn't happening.

Retina display: yes. 12MP camera: NO. LTE: NO.
    07-15-2011 05:56 PM
    You people have no imagination :P
    07-15-2011 06:27 PM
    Reality kiddo...come on in.
    Alli and Fausty82 like this.
    07-15-2011 07:03 PM
    I imagine an iPhone 5 with NO LTE and NO 12 MP camera...
    07-15-2011 11:48 PM
    I'm gonna laugh if it has LTE.

Since some of you know exactly what it will and will not have, why don't you just list the specs for us already? I'm sure Engadget or Gizmodo would be interested in your inside knowledge as well.
    07-18-2011 04:39 AM
    I'm gonna laugh if it has LTE.

Since some of you know exactly what it will and will not have, why don't you just list the specs for us already? I'm sure Engadget or Gizmodo would be interested in your inside knowledge as well.
    Laugh away, i'll be the first to admit wrong if it does...but i'm fairly certain i'll never have to do that.
    07-18-2011 08:08 AM
    I heard it will have a quad-core processor with a 3D Imax camera and a little toothpick and pair of tweezers on each side of it.
    07-20-2011 01:21 AM
    We had the original iPhone, brand new state of the art device, then the 3g iPhone added the revolutionary app store, iPhone 3gs updated internals and we finally got a video camera, iPhone 4=FACETIME,

So my question is...What will be the iPhone 5's new selling feature, what else can they possibly do? Its seems they try to add a new selling feature whenever new hardware drops.

Thoughts....
    07-21-2011 09:30 PM
    Hard to say..but we can all keep dreaming for now.

Let the rumours begin...
    07-21-2011 09:40 PM
    Snow cone maker.
    07-21-2011 09:58 PM
    07-21-2011 10:35 PM
    07-21-2011 11:08 PM

07-21-2011 11:16 PM
    Maybe it could go to work for me while I stay at home.
    07-21-2011 11:52 PM
    Seriously though...

...especially if the A5 chip is running hot.
    07-22-2011 09:25 AM
    I expect a larger screen but from what I know that won't be happening..

Other than the screen getting bigger I'd like to see an even better camera.
    07-25-2011 10:12 PM
    Laugh away, i'll be the first to admit wrong if it does...but i'm fairly certain i'll never have to do that.
    The only fact we know is that we do not know what it will or will not have, so to say with absolute certainty it will not have a certain feature is also pure speculation. I don't think it will have LTE either, but I also don't discount the possiblity, maybe that's why a new iPhone didn't come out in June this year? I personally do not care much for LTE, a larger screen is at the top of my hardware wishes in a new iPhone.

But whatever Apple is doing, I cannot imagine them delaying the iPhone 5 for 3+ months all so that they can make a "marginal" upgrade like so many are assuming, that would be ridiculous. If it isn't a huge upgrade along with some surprises, there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people out there imo..
    07-26-2011 05:48 AM
    The only fact we know is that we do not know what it will or will not have, so to say with absolute certainty it will not have a certain feature is also pure speculation. I don't think it will have LTE either, but I also don't discount the possiblity, maybe that's why a new iPhone didn't come out in June this year? I personally do not care much for LTE, a larger screen is at the top of my hardware wishes in a new iPhone.

But whatever Apple is doing, I cannot imagine them delaying the iPhone 5 for 3+ months all so that they can make a "marginal" upgrade like so many are assuming, that would be ridiculous. If it isn't a huge upgrade along with some surprises, there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people out there imo..
    I discount it all day...that's what's great about differing opinions, to me, there's has been plenty of supporting factors to all but guarantee there will be no LTE on the iPhone, many of which we've discussed already.

I honestly couldn't care less though, i'll buy it either way, lol.
    07-26-2011 01:42 PM
    I discount it all day...that's what's great about differing opinions, to me, there's has been plenty of supporting factors to all but guarantee there will be no LTE on the iPhone, many of which we've discussed already.

I honestly couldn't care less though, i'll buy it either way, lol.
    And so will I and many others... and don't think for a minutes that Apple is not very aware of that fact...

And I can guarantee that the iPhone5 will NOT have LTE.
    07-26-2011 03:58 PM
    And so will I and many others... and don't think for a minutes that Apple is not very aware of that fact...

And I can guarantee that the iPhone5 will NOT have LTE.
    Careful! Guaranteeing things around here seems to rub some members wrong...
    07-26-2011 05:16 PM
158 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD