I just want to see everything redesigned as a whole.. I want a game-changer, something new and innovating. Yeah, I expect a lot
    06-02-2011 01:13 PM
    One thing I really expect is more of a differentiation between the iPhone and iPad interfaces.
    06-02-2011 01:35 PM
    I would like to see an improved notification system, perhaps make it customizable.
    06-02-2011 04:16 PM
    Notifications need to (1) appear on the screen somewhere but not interfere with the app currently in use, and (2) have a "history list" of some sort so that you can see notifications that have not been dismissed. I don't care too much what it looks like or where they appear as long as (1) and (2) are met.

Live tiles or widgets would be great, but when it gets right down to fundamentals what I need is to be able to see my next appointment and undismissed notifications on the lockscreen. Pull out the phone, push the Home button, and see where I need to be next and if I've missed anything. That's pretty much it, Steve. This should be really simple, and there's no reason at all why it should impact battery life.

Give me those features, and I no longer need to jailbreak. And Steve -- hurry it up. Because WP7 is starting to look really appealing.

Sent from my greenpois0ned iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    06-02-2011 04:34 PM
    Two things I hope to see, one probable, one not so much... Improved notifications and a theme store (without having to jailbreak). I think people would pay for good themes, I know I'd pay $10-15 (with Apple taking their usual 30% cut).
    06-02-2011 08:11 PM
    Oh yeah, I also want some way to save our saved games (which I guess falls into the public file system access).

Genius: Restore your phone, but don't restore from backup.

Me: Well I have a lot of work completed in many games (I actually really did have every single labryinth level beat at one time) and it took a long time.

Genius: Well your backup may be corrupted and it's best to start fresh. If you're good, you'll get back up to where you were in no time.

Me: Whatever dude. It'd be nice if Apple had some way to backup saved games.

Genius: Next in line!
    06-02-2011 08:41 PM
    Me: Whatever dude. It'd be nice if Apple had some way to backup saved games.

i can totally see you saying this
    06-02-2011 10:13 PM
    64 GB definitely. I didn't buy the 4 because of that reason.
    06-02-2011 11:37 PM
    My expectations from iPhone 5:
    1 GHz+ dual core A5 CPU
    3.7"/4" retina display
    32/64 GB storage options
    8 MP camera with 1080p video recording

My expectations from iOS 5:
    Better notifications system
    Better multitasking
    Support for widgets
    OTA updates
    Like Android, the ability to switch keyboards on the fly
    06-02-2011 11:50 PM
    I expect to see a better notification system and improved multitasking.

I hope to see phoobooth, app store improvements like a que of some sort and improved folders (infinifolders, anyone?)
    Jobs doesn't seem to think that a file system on the iPhone itself is that important. Users may have to exploit some iCloud feature if they want a robust file system.

One thing that I would really like to see is support for both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 on iPhones and iPads. While cutting the cord to PCs is fine, there are times when you might want a fast connection. This is more important to me than stuff like retina display on the iPad. Increased storage capacity on iPhones and iPads would also be good.
    06-07-2011 11:21 PM
    I just got an iPhone 4 yesterday (used from a co-worker) and upgraded from the iPhone 3GS which I've had since release. Since we more or less know what's coming with iOS 5 (the software side) I'll mention hardware that I would like to see on the 2011 iPhone.

Better external speakers
    The iPhone 4 speakers are great, but I would like even better, maybe if possible, speakers on each side (top and botton) (or left/right for landscape) for movies and better stereo sound.

Better more responsive 'Home' button.
    The iPhone 3GS 'Home' button was crap, and I like the iPhone 4 'Home' button, but I would like to see something more durable and rugged, i feel the current button is too fragile and wears out to quickly.

I like the current volume buttons and would like those to stay along with the silent and power on/off button. I wouldn't mind a external Camera button instead of using the camera button, although I can live with the volume button being the 'camera' button. I'm just use to taking my phone in landscape mode with the Home button on the right and the power button on the left, which would put the volume button on the bottom. So I would have to use the phone different and I'm sure Steve would say I'm not holding it right.

I love the retina display, while I wouldn't mind a 4" inch display and probably would prefer it, i wouldn't want it if it ment going to a lower resolution even a slightly lower resolution. I'm not sure what else they could do with the retina display as it is already very nice, maybe there's a retina plus display that has more vibrant colors or something.

With the 3.5" inch display I really hope Apple is able to make the phone lighter and thinner then the Samsung Galaxy S II which has a 4.3" screen and although the resolution is lower, the colors look great. The Samsung is 116 g (4.1 oz), while the iPhone 4 is 137 g (4.8 oz), so Apple has their work cut out for them. While making it lighter if it felt more 'sturdy' would be a big plus since the Galaxy feels kinda 'cheap' and plasticy.

For a little future proofing I would love to see a Dual Core A5 1.2+ GHZ processor. By + I mean 1.2Ghz being the minimum speed. Although I would be surprised to see this (i like surprises) since the iPad 2 is "only" at 1Ghz (A5 dual core chip). Also up to 1GB of RAM would be sweet. Although the iPhone 4 doesn't seem to have any issues with smoothness when it comes to multiple apps and iOS4. Note I haven't tried iOS5 so I don't know how the iPhone 4 handles the beta build of iOS5 if it gets sluggish. I know my 3GS gets sluggish if I open too many apps.

Anyways, I'm excited for what we know about iOS5, already enjoying the iCloud features in iTunes 10.3 and that's working in iOS4.3.3. Reclaimed a lot of music I thought I lost forever (without having to repurchase) and apps that I had forgotten about.
    06-11-2011 02:50 PM
    I expect with the extra long time until launch that it will be announced at the Sept. event and it will be on sale either that day or the following week.

I expect
    4" screen with a smaller bezel
    one model with CDMA/GSM
    both Verizon and AT&T finally on the same iOS version 5
    64GB model
    A5 processor with 1GB RAM
    bigger battery for longer battery life
    06-11-2011 03:56 PM
    3.7" screen with oled, or something like that.
    new design
    A5 processor
    32 or 64GB model (iPhone 4 will continue to sell with 16GB only)
    better camera
    better battery life
    LTE
    2012 release date
    white model will truly be released on the same day as the black model!
    06-11-2011 05:57 PM
    NFC definitely
    06-11-2011 06:08 PM
    Also 4G and much better battery would be nice :P
    06-11-2011 06:09 PM
    i dont want anything new,, at least not until dec 2012, thats when i can upgrade again
    06-11-2011 08:02 PM
    im looking for a 64GB iphone. Hopefully they give us the 32GB and 64GB options for the prices of the 16GB and 32GB models and do away with the 16GB.
    cant agree with you more. 32GB is not really enough for me now.
    06-16-2011 02:57 AM
    bigger screen, more storage, better camera
    06-17-2011 03:16 AM
    I would like.

stereo speakers
    NFC
    larger screen hopefully SOLED+ or similar
    xenon flash( unlikely for battery purposes)
    better camera
    more robust homebutton
    better camera
    Duel core processor
    1gb ram
    more internal storage(but not as a replacement for any other upgrades)

I keep getting a niggling feeling that apple may release 2 iphones the same in everyway apart from screen size. due to the divide in the community. although the majority of iphone customers probably wont care too much either way.
    06-17-2011 10:43 AM
    I just wish they'd fix that non-functional left speaker on the bottom of the phone
    06-17-2011 12:12 PM
    I'm pretty sure theres gonna be a bigger screen this time around even though Steve Jobs previously said that 3.5 inch is the ideal.
    07-07-2011 11:40 PM
    Predict what you actually think the iPhone 5 will be like.

My prediction:
    4G LTE radios
    New Apple processor, dual core, 1.2 GHz
    1GB ram
    12MP camera
    Same retina screen
    Look aesthetically similar to the iPhone 4
    Called iPhone 5
    07-14-2011 07:16 PM
    Do we really need another thread on this subject?
    07-14-2011 07:30 PM
    Haha, propane.
    07-14-2011 07:42 PM
    Do we really need another thread on this subject?
    No, we didn't - so I merged 'em.
    07-14-2011 07:46 PM
158 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD