Dropbox option when sharing from Camera Roll/Photostream?

ctychick

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to help my mom with her iPhone (I personally don't use an iPhone, but have an iPad and am familiar with the process from that device). Our problem is this:

We want to share photos from within either Photostream or Camera Roll with a specific folder in Dropbox. When we attempt to select and share photos inside of Cameral Roll, a number of destination options come up, but Dropbox is not one of them. Are we doing something wrong? I would think that Dropbox would be a given as an option. I do realize that if she has Camera Upload switched ON in her Dropbox settings, then all of her photos taken on her iPhone will automatically be uploaded to Dropbox. She does not, however, want every photo she takes automatically put into drop box. She wants to be able select only a few photos from her Camera Roll and share only those with Dropbox. Is there any way of doing this directly from Camera Roll or Photostream? Or a better question might be can Dropbox be added as an option for sharing from within Camera Roll?

Finally, if the Dropbox option is not available as an option, what's the most direct way of selectively uploading photos to Dropbox from iPhone?

Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The Dropbox Mac app can sync pictures from an iPhone or iPad to your Dropbox space when you connect via USB cable... The PC version of Dropbox may do the same...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to help my mom with her iPhone (I personally don't use an iPhone, but have an iPad and am familiar with the process from that device). Our problem is this:

We want to share photos from within either Photostream or Camera Roll with a specific folder in Dropbox. When we attempt to select and share photos inside of Cameral Roll, a number of destination options come up, but Dropbox is not one of them. Are we doing something wrong?
No, you're not doing anything wrong. Uploading to Dropbox directly from within the camera roll is simply not an available option, but you can upload from the camera roll from within the Dropbox app. See the directions below.
I would think that Dropbox would be a given as an option. I do realize that if she has Camera Upload switched ON in her Dropbox settings, then all of her photos taken on her iPhone will automatically be uploaded to Dropbox. She does not, however, want every photo she takes automatically put into drop box. She wants to be able select only a few photos from her Camera Roll and share only those with Dropbox.
I understand. See the instructions below.
Is there any way of doing this directly from Camera Roll or Photostream? Or a better question might be can Dropbox be added as an option for sharing from within Camera Roll?
No

Finally, if the Dropbox option is not available as an option, what's the most direct way of selectively uploading photos to Dropbox from iPhone?

Thanks!
Instructions: From within the Dropbox app, go to your photos folder and then select the "+" option in the upper right corner. Now select "upload here". Your camera roll will now be displayed. Tap on each photo you want to upload to Dropbox and when you're done, select "upload" in the upper right corner.

Last edited:

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I notice that the option for Dropbox is available from within iMessage when opening a photo that was sent to me or that I sent

Daniel KSC

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
For iPhone, use AppToCloud, available on the Apple App Store.

This app was made to allow users to copy multiple image and video files from WhatsApp or the Camera roll (and others) to Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive for iPhone, iPad e iPod. Just copy & paste.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive. No issues there. I only upload all the photos together to OneDrive. I have folders and subfolders set up on Box and Dropbox.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77