I want 4G!!!

James4455

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Verizon now offers 4G service in my area, AT&T doesn't and I have not been able to get any information on when they might move up to 4G. My iphone 4s reports 4G on the screen. I'm not sure about the technology on this; if I were to unlock my AT&T phone and move to Verizon would I then be able to get 4G? Or do I have to change phones?:rolleyes:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
A unlocked AT&T iPhone will not work on Verizon. Also, Verizon doesn't use 4G on their 4S, they only offer 3G service for the iPhone currently. AT&T is the only GSM carrier in the US to offer 4G or HSPA+ service as it is known as.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Reactions: James4455

James4455

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
A unlocked AT&T iPhone will not work on Verizon. Also, Verizon doesn't use 4G on their 4S, they only offer 3G service for the iPhone currently. AT&T is the only GSM carrier in the US to offer 4G or HSPA+ service as it is known as.

Thanks, that is what I thought. The Galaxy S III comes out in a few days, I guess I will give that a try.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, that is what I thought. The Galaxy S III comes out in a few days, I guess I will give that a try.

No problem. Yeah, the GS3 looks sweet, I've had my eye on it for a while, but still undecided till I see it in person. AT&T is strongly rumored to start selling their version of the GS3 tomorrow 7/1. Good luck. :)

James4455

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I've pre-ordered an S III from Verizon. Been with AT&T for years but I really want 4G. I suppose that I am in too small of a market for AT&T to spend the money to update their equipment.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've pre-ordered an S III from Verizon. Been with AT&T for years but I really want 4G. I suppose that I am in too small of a market for AT&T to spend the money to update their equipment.

I hear ya, AT&T is great where I'm at but I don't think they're everywhere. At the end of the day you have to go with the carrier that is going to offer You the best coverage for your money.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I (now) live in Albany Oregon, not sure I will see 4G here from anyone in my lifetime. I do travel, so will see how it works in bigger cities.