Reformatted my Computer

forgetpanda

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So I made the mistake of syncing my phone somehow to my old computer which was reformatted. But now that Im trying to use my phone with any other computer it doenst allow me to put anything like ringtones or songs on it anymore. If i try to resync things, it always asks if I want to wipe everything which i dont want to :/. Is there any way around this ? I really want to have new ringtones but I cant figure out any way to do this.

I am afraid of losing everything I have in general such as text messages, i want to avoid restoring my phone to factory settings at all cost, since all I want is a new ringtone :/. Please help thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, someone else can shed some insight on this, but I *think* that by going into the iTunes preferences and then select devices, and then deleting the backup files that are listed there, you will be allowed to do what you are trying to do. Still, I would do an iCloud backup before trying this method. Also, as I aforementioned, I would refrain from doing this until others can confirm or deny my guess solution.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2