Installing apps over 3G

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Installing apps over 3G on 4S

I just recently upgraded from a Nexus S 4G to the Sprint Iphone 4S. This morning I tried installing TuneIn Radio from the market over 3G and I got a "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". After doing some google work I saw in troubleshooting that some apps, because of size, will not install over the network. So is this the case here? I know some apps "require" wifi, like GTAIII. But TuneIn Radio? What is the proposed size that I requires WiFi. This can be one annoyance I will have to adjust to if this is the case.

Last edited:

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Since installing apps kills data (but I notice u have unlimited* on sprint) I just install and do my updates when I'm on wifi so it's much faster and easier but I didn't know thete was a size limit for apps that's weird

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is from the Apple support website:

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store:

■Make sure that your iOS software is up to date by connecting your iOS device to iTunes and clicking on Check for Update in your device's Summary page in iTunes.

■Check and verify that you are in range of a Wi-Fi router or base station. If you are on a 3G capable device, make sure that cellular data is turned on from Settings > Cellular Data.

Note: If connected to 3G, larger items may not download. You may need to connect to Wi-Fi to download apps, videos, and podcasts

mustangboy88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This has fallen back a bit, but I wanted to update those taht have commented on this thread. I still am not able to download apps via network. Even after 5.1 and Apple increasing the file size to 50MB. Again...I am on Sprint. Is anyone else having this issue. BTW I contacted Sprint CS....eh, you know the rest.

Edit: Update to the update. Contacted Apple Support. (Not used to having a support number with Google devices.) And we just reset all settings and now it's all good. Just FYI for others that run into this later.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2