One week with the I-Phone coming from android.

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So it has been one week since my wife and I switched over from android to the I-phone 4s.

Thought I would share my experience for those that are in the same boat as I was on switching over.

I had the original Evo 4G, my wife had the Evo shift4G.
I had gotten to the point where I rooted my phone. I got sick of the white sense screen after exiting programs. My wife kept her phone stock but would always get the white sense screen when exiting programs. We were with sprint for 13 years. Lately sprints service has really gotten really bad where we live. Decided to switch to AT&T. Had to decide if we stay with android
Or go to Apple. Now I have been a big android fan. I actually put down the I-phone
a lot in the past. Screen size , fact you couldn't modify things, etc.
So everyone around me was picking up the I-phone. I had business customers that
had switched from blackberry or android to the I-phone and loved it.

So I went into an AT&T corporate store to play with the phones. It old the worker it was between
the skyrocket or the I-Phone. The employee was like both are great phones. But usually android people stay with android and appl stay with apple, but lately they were seeing more android customers switching to the I-phone.
As I was playing with the two phones (skyrocket and I-phone) I really was surprised I could type better on the smaller I-phone screen than the 4.5" skyrocket. Don't get me wrong the screen is nice on he skyrocket. But I still found the smaller text much easier to read on the I-phone 4s.

So then had the wife's sister's kid spend the night and got to play with her latest I-pod touch.
Compared it to my Evo and the web browsers.
I was impressed with the clarity. Pretty much had me sold that I could go down to the smaller screen size and still be happy.

Here are my thoughts after one week of switching to the I-phone.

* operating system just works!!!! Very clean, very polished.
* screen/size= amazing clarity. My wife keeps staring at it and says "it looks so fake it's so clear"
* pocketable compared to my Evo 4g with the extended battery. Easier to handle.
* typing. Can type more accurate. My wife adjusted rather quickly coming from a keyboard phone.
* battery life= simply put AMAZING!! maybe cuz we are on AT&T but battery life just lasts all day long!
Plus when you do have to charge it. This phone charges so fast. Like in two hours it's fully charged! Love that!!
* Speaker= very clear. Not as loud as my Evo but... Much more clear sounding. Better depth.
* Siri= it works! Bottom line it just works. Wife loves it.
* Camera= simply put. The best on an American carrier phone. Pics are just amazing. The other reason for switching to the I-phone.
* stable Os. Not one crash yet! No lag at all! Love that.
* the apps are much more polished compared to android. Yes maybe not as many free apps. But
If for 99 cents the app is of better quality. It might be worth it. Love the fact that my banking apps have push to be I-phone and that Facebook actually works and pushes notifications! Reminds me of my blackberry days.
* no notification light. I thought I would miss this. Actually don't miss it at all. I am not ruled by a dang
blinking light anymore :)

Am I happy with my purchase and switching to I-phone from android?
My answer is YES. I really didn't think I would be this happy with a phone. Heck my wife seen the Siri/I-phone commercial and said "I love this phone" she has never said that about any phone before!!

So for all those android users thinking of switching over to I-phone 4s...
I think you will be happy. It is so nice to walk around not having to worry about battery life any more!!
Plus taking high quality pictures and he videos are amazing.

I have started to realize why people wait in rain,snow,heat for the I-phone.

Hope this post helps those on the fence.

Let's here from other android converts experience on the switch.

Last edited:

Rhiannon10

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
So it has been one week since my wife and I switched over from android to the I-phone 4s.

Thought I would share my experience for those that are in the same boat as I was on switching over.

I had the original Evo 4G, my wife had the Evo shift4G.
I had gotten to the point where I rooted my phone. I got sick of the white sense screen after exiting programs. My wife kept her phone stock but would always get the white sense screen when exiting programs. We were with sprint for 13 years. Lately sprints service has really gotten really bad where we live. Decided to switch to AT&T. Had to decide if we stay with android
Or go to Apple. Now I have been a big android fan. I actually put down the I-phone
a lot in the past. Screen size , fact you couldn't modify things, etc.
So everyone around me was picking up the I-phone. I had business customers that
had switched from blackberry or android to the I-phone and loved it.

So I went into an AT&T corporate store to play with the phones. It old the worker it was between
the skyrocket or the I-Phone. The employee was like both are great phones. But usually android people stay with android and appl stay with apple, but lately they were seeing more android customers switching to the I-phone.
As I was playing with the two phones (skyrocket and I-phone) I really was surprised I could type better on the smaller I-phone screen than the 4.5" skyrocket. Don't get me wrong the screen is nice on he skyrocket. But I still found the smaller text much easier to read on the I-phone 4s.

So then had the wife's sister's kid spend the night and got to play with her latest I-pod touch.
Compared it to my Evo and the web browsers.
I was impressed with the clarity. Pretty much had me sold that I could go down to the smaller screen size and still be happy.

Here are my thoughts after one week of switching to the I-phone.

* operating system just works!!!! Very clean, very polished.
* screen/size= amazing clarity. My wife keeps staring at it and says "it looks so fake it's so clear"
* pocketable compared to my Evo 4g with the extended battery. Easier to handle.
* typing. Can type more accurate. My wife adjusted rather quickly coming from a keyboard phone.
* battery life= simply put AMAZING!! maybe cuz we are on AT&T but battery life just lasts all day long!
Plus when you do have to charge it. This phone charges so fast. Like in two hours it's fully charged! Love that!!
* Speaker= very clear. Not as loud as my Evo but... Much more clear sounding. Better depth.
* Siri= it works! Bottom line it just works. Wife loves it.
* Camera= simply put. The best on an American carrier phone. Pics are just amazing. The other reason for switching to the I-phone.
* stable Os. Not one crash yet! No lag at all! Love that.
* the apps are much more polished compared to android. Yes maybe not as many free apps. But
If for 99 cents the app is of better quality. It might be worth it. Love the fact that my banking apps have push to be I-phone and that Facebook actually works and pushes notifications! Reminds me of my blackberry days.
* no notification light. I thought I would miss this. Actually don't miss it at all. I am not ruled by a dang
blinking light anymore :)

Am I happy with my purchase and switching to I-phone from android?
My answer is YES. I really didn't think I would be this happy with a phone. Heck my wife seen the Siri/I-phone commercial and said "I love this phone" she has never said that about any phone before!!

So for all those android users thinking of switching over to I-phone 4s...
I think you will be happy. It is so nice to walk around not having to worry about battery life any more!!
Plus taking high quality pictures and he videos are amazing.

I have started to realize why people wait in rain,snow,heat for the I-phone.

Hope this post helps this on the fence.

Let's here from other android converts experience on the switch.

I've had mine about a week and I second all of the above! The amazing battery life compared to my Android has saved my sanity!

gary1949

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my 4S in October after about 10 years of Blackberrys and android phones. My last android was a Samsung Galaxy S - one of the better android phones a couple of years ago. But the battery life was just horrible and the GPS didn't work worth a damn. And it seems that every time I wanted to show someone something it would stall or crash. It was a powerful phone but just very unstable and undependable. And the combination of Samsung and AT&T regarding updating the software was deplorable.

The method of software updating by Apple was one of the major reasons for my switching over. Apple doesn't hide the progression of software updates - beta testers report on the progress and everyone gets the update at the same time regardless of which carrier they have. No carrier bloatware added.

The 4S is a very stable phone - I've experienced no crashes, shutdowns or apps that hang. Battery life is much, much better than my Captivate was. Because it is so stable it's a very easy phone to use. I don't have to fight it to get it to do what I want.

I did have a question that required Apple Support assistance (I use Bluetooth enabled hearing aids with my 4S). Apple Support was extremely rapid to respond and the technical knowledge, politeness and use of proper grammer and spelling in their written response was very refreshing compared to Samsung Support. The experience I had with Apple Support has me thinking that I will be purchasing my next laptop from Apple. Maybe an iPad. Apple is extremely customer focused - a refreshing and rare thing in todays world.

Would I recommend an iPhone? Absolutely. No question. For sure. Without hesitation.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
It's very good, but I still jailbroken to add a few features. But The jailbreak made it a little buggy and makes the phone crash once in a long while. But when pure, it's probably the one of most stable, fluid, and feature packed phone on the market, if not the most.

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Got mine on release day and still runs the same since day 1- flawlessly, minus one shutdown about 2 months in but a hard reset fixed it instantly

mookster

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a Droid Incredible that I rooted then went back to stock ROM for the Gingerbread OS. After that, I pre-ordered my 4S on the midnight pre-orders were available. Got it launch day and have not had an issue with it.

My only gripe is that I've gone ahead and jailbroken. (Great thing) but every so often my winter board will crash when using BiteSMS. Not a big thing, every other thing works amazing and it's ten seconds re-spring. Glad you like your choice, I know I'm sticking with Apple for as long as they make phones.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My only gripe is that I've gone ahead and jailbroken. (Great thing) but every so often my winter board will crash when using BiteSMS.

This is weird because I use BiteSMS everyday and it has never caused Winter board to crash on my 4S.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

mookster

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
It may be my springboard, cuz it happened again. Anyway, I don't regret Jbing, just frustrated about one glitch. But, I knew what I was getting into so no complaints here.

iRetired

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought my first iPhone two weeks ago, after I ported over to ATT from Verizon (for the past ten years). Last phone I had was a Motorola Droid X, which was fraught with problems from day one (yes, I had rooted it but there were too many other hardware issues to go into). I am so happy that I bought the iPhone. It just works. Which was the implied promise from Motorola but their phones don't live up to the hype.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It may be my springboard, cuz it happened again. Anyway, I don't regret Jbing, just frustrated about one glitch. But, I knew what I was getting into so no complaints here.

Yeah, once JB always JB. Anyway, if it keeps happening to you I would redo the jailbreak and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
One more thing I love...

When you are connected to Bluetooth and a call comes in...
I love how on the main screen you can choose to stay connected to the
Bluetooth device or switch back to the handset. It's so simply done and
For me makes using Bluetooth much easier.

kj11

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
very similar situation. My wife and I switched from Android about 10 days ago. Its been great. Everything works as it should with no lags or random reboots. The battery life amazes me more and more everyday. I thought the camera on my Droid X was good, but there it pales in comparison. I find typing to be much easier, even though the screen is smaller.

I also thought I would miss the notification light, but I dont. I couldnt be happier, and I wish we had switch a long time ago.

lfurlong

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I am also a previous Android owner. I started with Blackberries and loved them. I had a few of them. Then I decided to try Android. It took me a little while to get used to it. I had several Androids on T-Mobile and then Verizon. I got so tired of the battery life, the freezes and random reboots. A few of my friends had iPhones so I decided to give it a try. At first I didn't like the iPhone but now I love it!!! There are only a few minor things I miss about Android but I've found work arounds for most of them. The trade off is a no brainer though. My phone lasts all day. I can depend on it to work. The apps are so much smoother and cleaner.
I also have an iPad 2 and just recently bought a MacBook Pro. I love how everything syncs together so easily. I tried the Samsung Galaxy tab before I bought my iPad and I was so disappointed. There is no comparison between the Android tablets and the iPad. Apple does restrict things but their products are awesome. I love all of them.

Lodingi

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I am also a previous Android owner. I started with Blackberries and loved them. I had a few of them. Then I decided to try Android. It took me a little while to get used to it. I had several Androids on T-Mobile and then Verizon. I got so tired of the battery life, the freezes and random reboots. A few of my friends had iPhones so I decided to give it a try. At first I didn't like the iPhone but now I love it!!! There are only a few minor things I miss about Android but I've found work arounds for most of them. The trade off is a no brainer though.

I took a similar path to the iPhone. I've only had my 4s for 24 hours. Believe it or not, I miss my Gmail app. I just don't get the same experience with the 4s. To be expected no doubt. I also noticed I can't play high quality videos on YouTube when on 3G. This was allowed on Android. Is this a Google design? I am hoping there's work arounds for my minor issues once I jailbreak.

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
When I first switched I missed the bigger screen. But then I quickly came to the conclusion that I would rather have a smaller screen then having to constantly have my phone replaced because it decided that it was gonna stop working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Have sort of a similar story.

My first smartphone was the iPhone 3G, I loved the living hell out of that thing. Couldn't get enough of it. Its really what made me such a huge Apple fan. Well, I ended having to ditch it courtesy of my father wanting to dump AT&T and go to T-Mobile. I really didn't want that... So, I hoped on my girlfriends Verizon plan. This was about 4 years ago, and I've been hoping from different phones ever since. Started with the Blackberry Storm 2, went to the Original Droid, to the Droid X, to the Bold 9930, and recently to the Droid Razr with which I had for literally a day.

All these phones were great... At first, I just never had a major connection with them. In fact, I had to root/jailbreak all of these phones in one way or another to hopefully fill that lack of connection.

Well, two days ago, I finally went back to the iPhone. And I seriously can't be happier... At the risk of sounding cheesy, it's just feels "right" again. So much nostalgia as I use it. I constantly think back to when I first got my 3G, and just how insanely ecstatic I was when I did.

I don't feel the need to jailbreak my iPhone. Im happy with the way it is... It's perfect to me.

It feels good to be back. :)

Last edited:

htabbach

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I too finally dumped Android for the iPhone 4S, my wife switched from the Palm Pre to the iPhone as well. Listen, I do not want to sound like a fanboy because I am not, in fact, this is my first ever Apple product, there is no phone better than the iPhone 4S, period!

What sold it for me is the fact that iOS does real multitasking while Android does not. And I really like that coming from a webOS fan.

I love this phone!

kaomie

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I also came from android and have had my 4s for about a month now. I had the Samsung Epic 4g Touch. There are several things I miss about android.

Toggle widgets, like bluetooth or wifi. It's a pain when I get into my car and want to connect to my speakers with the iphone, but with android it was one tap.

Notification light is another one. If I'm away from my phone and come back there is no way to know if I missed a call or got an email without waking the phone on and unlocking it.

My ear drum. In android if you were on the phone the notification sounds would be silent, with the iphone it blasts through the ear piece.

Overall it is a nice phone. I never had any stability issues with the Epic Touch, and I get the same battery life with the 4s as I did with the Sammy. My prior HTC phones had horrible battery life. I also got used to the smaller screen size fairly quickly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2