One week with the I-Phone coming from android.

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I also came from android and have had my 4s for about a month now. I had the Samsung Epic 4g Touch. There are several things I miss about android.

Toggle widgets, like bluetooth or wifi. It's a pain when I get into my car and want to connect to my speakers with the iphone, but with android it was one tap.

If you jailbreak your iphone (very simple one button-click process) you can add all kinds of toggles to your screens. Just FYI

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the 4s overall just miss the awesome voice guided turn by turn nav for free in google maps. Hopefully with apple buying a map company that will be installed in a later iteration of IOS other than that I do not really have any complaints.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the 4s overall just miss the awesome voice guided turn by turn nav for free in google maps. Hopefully with apple buying a map company that will be installed in a later iteration of IOS other than that I do not really have any complaints.

I hear ya and I felt the same way in regard to voice guided navigation until one of my brothers told me about the FREE MapQuest app (downloadable from the App Store). It has voice guided turn by turn navigation and thus far, it's been accurate. Give it a try, if you'd like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya and I felt the same way in regard to voice guided navigation until one of my brothers told me about the FREE MapQuest app (downloadable from the App Store). It has voice guided turn by turn navigation and thus far, it's been accurate. Give it a try, if you'd like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1 on the MapQuest FREE App

Used it last weekend perfectly!!

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Sooooo glad I switched from Blackberry to iPhone.....simply love it and love the apps.....my fave app is Instagram.....the camera on this phone just makes it so amazing...if you like taking pics like me :) I will def try out the mapquest app since I will be doing a lot of driving through NYC next month...thanks for the suggestion.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
In a nostalgic moment I bought a Blackberry 9930. I thought adding it to my 4S would add diversity to my day. Using a g-voice number I can receive calls on both phones. I have had the BB for two days. It is a good phone and the best BB I have ever had. But I miss being with my iPhone. BB is with big red, my iPhone with AT&T. The one phone on Verizon costs more monthly than 3 on AT&T. My BB goes back Saturday.

lfurlong

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I took a similar path to the iPhone. I've only had my 4s for 24 hours. Believe it or not, I miss my Gmail app. I just don't get the same experience with the 4s. To be expected no doubt. I also noticed I can't play high quality videos on YouTube when on 3G. This was allowed on Android. Is this a Google design? I am hoping there's work arounds for my minor issues once I jailbreak.
There are a few apps in cydia that make your phone think you're on wifi when you're connected to 3g. I downloaded it to try it. I think it was $2 or $3. It works. I was able to watch YouTube and use FaceTime while not connected to wifi.
Google maps/navigation was what I missed most when I first switched but then I found Waze. It's a great navigation app. I use it all the time. It even gives you traffic reports.

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreak? It's worth a shot! I'm a heavy android user now iPhone and I love the stock os and after Jailbreaking it it's just as amazing. I have those toggle widgets you mentioned :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77