Routine Reboots

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't post pix of myself on blogs. Nice try:p

oh, sorry bro..

Why is it on JB you'll reboot 2-3times a week than when your not JB? I don't understand the reasoning in that one.

it's a personal preference. for me it's like starting fresh in case i have anything that isn't running properly. sometimes i get tired of jailbreaking, tbh

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I never ever reboot, the only times when my iPhone reboots is when it reboots itself.

If it reboots itself then there could be a underlying issue with the iPhone. The next time the iPhone reboots itself, note the time and date and look in the diagnostic log for an entry that corresponds with that time and date.

My first 4S would reboot itself, when I checked in the diagnostic log I had panic.plist entries. Panic.plist are caused by a hardware fault. Anyone who has these in their diagnostic log should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have their iPhone replaced. Panic.plist cannot be fixed by a software update, restoring from a backup or restoring as new, they are a hardware fault and can only be solved by having the iPhone replaced.

To check for panic.plist:

Go into settings/general/about/diagnostics & usage/diagnostic & usage data. If there are panic.plist in there then the iPhone has a hardware fault and will need to be replaced to cure the random reboots.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If it reboots itself then there could be a underlying issue with the iPhone. The next time the iPhone reboots itself, note the time and date and look in the diagnostic log for an entry that corresponds with that time and date.

My first 4S would reboot itself, when I checked in the diagnostic log I had panic.plist entries. Panic.plist are caused by a hardware fault. Anyone who has these in their diagnostic log should make a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have their iPhone replaced. Panic.plist cannot be fixed by a software update, restoring from a backup or restoring as new, they are a hardware fault and can only be solved by having the iPhone replaced.

Go into settings/general/about/diagnostics & usage/diagnostic & usage data. If there are panic.plist in there then the iPhone has a hardware fault and will need to be replaced to cure the random reboots.
thanks Fatboy for making this suggestion to Tony the Tiger. I wouldve figured that if his/her phone reboots that they would try to figure out why. its definately not normal for a phone to reboot itself, thats why i was puzzled by that persons post.

RhonnieNYC

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

Oh dayum, I just checked and I have this in my diagnostic log, my 4S did a random reboot around Christmas time but it never did it again so I forgot about it. Gonna go into Verizon and/or Apple tomorrow. THANKS for the tip!!!

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the Palm Pre (original Sprint flavor) I have two learned habits I've been trying to break with the iPhone 4S:

First, the Pre was notorious for having memory leaks, so you had to reboot every one to three days to keep it running. If you didn't, you would try to start an app and it would tell you that you had too many cards open (too many running apps) when you had none open. I've probably re-booted the iPhone more than it needs as a result.

Second, again with the Pre's memory problems, and its terrible battery life, I had gotten in the habit if throwing away all cards (closing running apps) right after using them. I never left apps open, since it would drain the battery and slow the device. I know, I know, I know the iPhone doesn't work that way, but I still find myself opening the dock and closing apps all the time. I'm trying to stop, but two years of training is hard to break...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2