Who actually turns off their iPhone?

Do you turn of you iPhone?

• Total voters

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know this either. When my older daughter go her i4 in July2010, she would sometimes turn it off at night, then plug in--only to find it turned itself back on when she took it off the counter in the a.m. LOL We used to scratch our heads over this, because i didn't know either !! Then one day she plugged in and THEN turned off-- haha !! We both were like, "oooooh" LMAO !!

Thanks for sharing this helpful info laelipoo:)

No problem :)

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I turn mine off when I go to bed. Reason been is that I go to bed to sleep so what would be the point in leaving my iPhone on, just so that I could be wakened up by someone ringing the wrong number.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
never turn it off.
I use it as an alarm. Also its my primary phone which means a phone call may just be important enough to wake up and answer.
I don't hear the text sound as I sleep so that's a non-issue. Same for emails and apps.

christyr143

Jul 24, 2008
Visit site
The only time mine ever gets turned off is when I reboot it. I use it as my alarm so I just silence it at night.

Sent via smoke signals

pebacher

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I do not turn my 4S off for an extended period of time but I like to reboot it at lease once per week just like I do with my PC. My experience with any device with an operating system is that rebooting every now and then helps clean out the cobwebs.

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My 4S was acting odd yesterday - it would not reconnect to wifi networks. I was at work and I noticed this, I had to go into settings and tell it to connect to our wifi. Then after lunch the same thing again. Finally I got home and found that it was doing it at home too. I turned the iPhone and then let it stay off for a while and after starting it up again it connected to the home wifi with no problem. Today at work it reconnected to the wifi with no problems. So there is at least one reason for turning off the iPhone; to reset it for troublesome behavior.

Last edited:

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Turning it off would mean I have to put it down....I don't think I'm ready for that.

All joking aside, I never turn mine off, even when I'm supposed to.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
you could just put it in airplane mode if you wanted to use other non-data functions like music, etc..

This advice led me to try using wifi at work in airplane mode and that worked! I'm not always at my desk but I don't want to drain my battery searching for a cell signal while on the net. Thanks!

tard44

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
...I work in a bit of a 'dead zone' too and leaving any phone on while there drains the battery a lot, as it's constantly searching for a signal, so I also just switch it to airplane mode during the day, apart from at lunchtime - by the end of each day I've only lost about 2% charge.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I normally power down to charge over night. Coming from Android I'm familiar with BatteryUniversity and I read there that it is better to charge LiThium Ion powered off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotiez

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Had my iPhone since launch day in October. I think I've shut mine down 2 maybe 3 times since then. And that was just cause I was playin around with the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2