Way to fix/stop this annoying email issue?

jsigler

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been having this issue pop up somewhat regularly and it is frustrating and I'd love to know how to not have it happen.

I click to read an email, it seems to be displaying and suddenly the email below it in inbox loads. Click to go back to the inbox and reclick the original message. Now it must redownload, none of what was already showing on the screen is there and that download takes a very long time.

Any ideas on what might be causing the trouble or how to stop this?

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed this issue before as well. It has happened to me a few times and isn't a new issue. I noticed it happens mostly when you have a slow connection to the server.

For me, it happens connecting to my company's IMAP server.

jsigler

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
What mail server are you using (Gmail, yahoo, other) and how is it set up (pop3, exchange)?
I have two accounts on my iPhone. One is a Google Apps email, it is configured through the Exchange set up, the other is a work account which at the moment I can't remember if it was also set up as an Exchange or IMAP account.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I can think of that might cause what you've described is if you've already looked at the email on your desktop (or elsewhere), and your iPhone has to refresh as you open the email app.

gern blanston

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
On one of my yahoo accounts, new emails show up and then delete themselves. I've used this account for a while, but it started behaving this way with the 4s. My email is not set up in the Mac Mail app or anything equivalent (I view all of my email from the yahoo website). When I go to mail on yahoo, the new emails are there and readable. My main yahoo and gmail accounts on my iphone don't exhibit this behavior. I've tried deleting and setting up the offending account again as well as setting up my iPhone both as new and as restore from backup. Frustrating.

jsigler

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
@Alli I do have a laptop running almost all the time and it does have these email accounts open during the day so that could explain why it happens during the day. The trouble still happens at times when that laptop is off as well like first thing in the morning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2