They haven't addressed it in 5 os's I wouldn't think they will address it anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    i'm fairly new to using the iPhone(11/4), but i thought i saw somewhere that there is an app so that you are able to do this with an email already started?

or am i mistaking it for something else......
    12-01-2011 08:55 PM
    They haven't addressed it in 5 os's I wouldn't think they will address it anytime soon.

I live in hope.
    12-01-2011 09:00 PM
    i'm fairly new to using the iPhone(11/4), but i thought i saw somewhere that there is an app so that you are able to do this with an email already started?

not without jailbreaking..
    12-01-2011 09:02 PM
    not without jailbreaking..
    ahhhhhh.ok. i knew i saw it somewhere that it was possible--just couldnt recall *exactly* where or how. Thanks again
    12-01-2011 09:07 PM

Once there is a jailbreak out for the 4S you'll be able to do it. I had it when my 4 was JB and I must say, I probably only used the attach a few times. Can't wait for the JB to be available. I miss it so much.

12-01-2011 09:09 PM
    Once there is a jailbreak out for the 4S you'll be able to do it. I had it when my 4 was JB and I must say, I probably only used the attach a few times. Can't wait for the JB to be available. I miss it so much.

thx also, E. I actually have no intention of jb'ing my 4S:o i love the function of it as is

I'm sure there are plenty of benefits to jb'ing for those of you that do it, but for me, probably not many i'd use. If i know i want to email a few walls, i go right to my cam roll first thing and go from there
    12-01-2011 09:12 PM
    thx also, E. I actually have no intention of jb'ing my 4S:o i love the function of it as is

I'm sure there are plenty of benefits to jb'ing for those of you that do it, but for me, probably not many i'd use. If i know i want to email a few walls, i go right to my cam roll first thing and go from there
    To each their own. There's tons of people who don't like to jailbreak. I like it for bitesms, and a few other tweaks.

12-01-2011 09:33 PM
    To each their own. There's tons of people who don't like to jailbreak. I like it for bitesms, and a few other tweaks.

Alright I got a question: what's the pros and cons of Jailbreaking?
    12-01-2011 09:36 PM
    Alright I got a question: what's the pros and cons of Jailbreaking?
    Pros of jail breaking...you can add non apple approved apps, and change Things around. You can add themes to your phone. My favorite was an HTC like home screen. You can get more info in the jailbreaking forum. Cons are it voids your warranty, but you can always restore your phone, and the JB is gone and apple would never know you jailbroke. Can't think of any other cons. I jailbroke my 4 the day I got it, and stayed that way until I got my 4S.

12-01-2011 09:51 PM
    Pros of jail breaking...you can add non apple approved apps, and change Things around. You can add themes to your phone. My favorite was an HTC like home screen. You can get more info in the jailbreaking forum. Cons are it voids your warranty, but you can always restore your phone, and the JB is gone and apple would never know you jailbroke. Can't think of any other cons. I jailbroke my 4 the day I got it, and stayed that way until I got my 4S.

Do you lose your App Store apps if you jailbreak?
    12-01-2011 09:58 PM
    Do you lose your App Store apps if you jailbreak?
    No you don't lose app store apps. You can just get other apps too from cydia.

12-01-2011 10:07 PM
    No you don't lose app store apps. You can just get other apps too from cydia.

I tried, but there wasnt one for the iPhone 4 5.0.1
    12-01-2011 10:09 PM
    I tried, but there wasnt one for the iPhone 4 5.0.1
    Soon enough. Be patient. The dev teams are working on it as we speak.

12-01-2011 10:12 PM
    One big con of jail breaking is the battery life suffers. Also, your phone will be more prone to crashes.

I've been jail breaking since iPhone 3G.
    12-01-2011 10:27 PM
    One big con of jail breaking is the battery life suffers. Also, your phone will be more prone to crashes.

I've been jail breaking since iPhone 3G.
    You are more prone to crashes, but that still doesn't happen that often. And I haven't seen any reduction in battery life. Not with a tethered, or untethered. I've jailbroken roughly 20 phones for people I know, and no one has ever mentioned that as a problem.

12-01-2011 10:31 PM
    For gmail users, you can attach photos by using the official gmail app (download from the App Store).
    12-02-2011 12:55 AM
    For gmail users, you can attach photos by using the official gmail app (download from the App Store).
    you can do that with the native mail on the iPhone lol
    12-02-2011 05:03 AM
    Chill out, Sean. He has a valid complaint, he's not the first to voice it, and you don't speak for most people. If you're happy, good. You didn't even need to respond.
    Seem some people just have to put their extra twist on things. What are they 15. Surely not a mature person. It just a phone for god sake a good one lake some of the others out there. Im waiting for the invention of the best. Mostly that day will never come everyone want more and more. Its the human way.
    In the mean time I have a life....
    12-02-2011 08:30 AM
    you can do that with the native mail on the iPhone lol
    We're talking about doing it from the mail app. On iPhones you either do it in the Photos app or you copy/paste into mail, but you can't just pick a file while you're in the mail app.
    12-02-2011 10:04 AM
    Alongside email, another annoyance to me on what is relatively a perfect phone is the fact you can't bluetooth content to another capable device!

This is crazy... The neat and cool things I can do with my iPhone can usually blow most people's minds away...but when it comes down to simply sharing pics, and various other media via BLUETOOTH...the iPhone falls flat on its face.

/Rant over
    12-02-2011 11:54 AM
    My gmail account works perfectly with my iPhone...and for those who want to attach photos and files, simply go to the photo or file first and choose email/email link.... it's really that easy!!
    12-02-2011 02:55 PM
    My gmail account works perfectly with my iPhone...and for those who want to attach photos and files, simply go to the photo or file first and choose email/email link.... it's really that easy!!
    I think we all know that, but it is sometimes a pain if you already started a mail (or are replying to one) and then realize you need to attach something.
    12-02-2011 03:30 PM
    i hate that email doesnt send notifications. i have to go into email and hit load
    12-02-2011 05:29 PM
    i hate that email doesnt send notifications. i have to go into email and hit load
    Do you have your email set to fetch new data manually? That may be the case. If it is just change it to push, or pull on 30 min interval.

12-02-2011 05:32 PM
    I think we all know that, but it is sometimes a pain if you already started a mail (or are replying to one) and then realize you need to attach something.
    I don't assume everyone knows that..a couple of the responses sound as if they might not know it's that easy..and in my opinion it's not very much extra work to simply go to a file and send a new email with the file of your choice..

I think our smartphones make us somewhat lazy at times..and now with the introduction of Siri we really want our phones to practically do our laundry for us...is there an app for that?
    12-02-2011 05:34 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD