Problem with sounds on my 4s

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been addressed but doing a search turned up nothing. I am having trouble With the sounds on my 4s. I've narrowed it down to be caused by the Bluetooth connection in my car. I know it might sound strange but here's what happens- when I get in my car (2011 Sonata with factory navigation), it automatically connects my phone thru the cars Bluetooth. When it connects, it disables all sounds on my phone. It stops the audible alerts when sliding to in lock, when I get an email, when I get a text etc...

I shut off my phone and turned it back on again and all the sounds came back. I then reconnected to my cars Bluetooth and the sounds were silenced once again. This is how I realized my cars Bluetooth was the cause. Then I started to stream some music from the phone to the cars stereo and all my sounds and alerts could now be heard. Even thru the car speakers.

Any idea why this would happen? I should also mention that before I got my 4s I had a bb torch and I had a similar issue where the sounds would work but my wireless network would stop working so I would have to turn off my wireless connections and then reconnect for my bbm and email etc... To work.

Any ideas what would cause this? Has anyone had a similar problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.0

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been addressed but doing a search turned up nothing. I am having trouble With the sounds on my 4s. I've narrowed it down to be caused by the Bluetooth connection in my car. I know it might sound strange but here's what happens- when I get in my car (2011 Sonata with factory navigation), it automatically connects my phone thru the cars Bluetooth. When it connects, it disables all sounds on my phone. It stops the audible alerts when sliding to in lock, when I get an email, when I get a text etc...

I shut off my phone and turned it back on again and all the sounds came back. I then reconnected to my cars Bluetooth and the sounds were silenced once again. This is how I realized my cars Bluetooth was the cause. Then I started to stream some music from the phone to the cars stereo and all my sounds and alerts could now be heard. Even thru the car speakers.

Any idea why this would happen? I should also mention that before I got my 4s I had a bb torch and I had a similar issue where the sounds would work but my wireless network would stop working so I would have to turn off my wireless connections and then reconnect for my bbm and email etc... To work.

Every year a new iPhone comes out and every year most cars don't sync properly you may get a fix from your car manufacturer but don't expect to get one from apple..

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

pug29

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

This is how it's suppose to be. I use the Bluetooth connection for my 4runner, and when setting it up for calls, it asks if I want to use the internal audio feature (to listen to music). When it's connected like this, it basically makes your car speakers act as your phone speaker, but only when you are listening to something through your phone (music, pandora, etc.). It's a little annoying, but when I'm listening to regular radio, I have to hold the phone to feel vibrations when getting messages. Phone calls still activate the bluetooth connection and overrides the radio.

Hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2