Restoring 4s

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I need to try a restore on my phone. After I plug into itunes and do the restore could someone walk me through the steps. Do I click set up from new? And if so when exactly do I sync my info over? Also, there are two reasons I am trying this. One the battery does seem like it could be better but the main reason is my battery doesn't charge all the way to 100% when I wake in the morning. Has a restore fixed this problem for anyone or is it hardware related?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I need to try a restore on my phone. After I plug into itunes and do the restore could someone walk me through the steps. Do I click set up from new? And if so when exactly do I sync my info over? Also, there are two reasons I am trying this. One the battery does seem like it could be better but the main reason is my battery doesn't charge all the way to 100% when I wake in the morning. Has a restore fixed this problem for anyone or is it hardware related?

If you are having problems with your phone, you should setup frm new, because if there is a corrupted file, doing a setup from a backup, the corrupted file would go back on your phone. Every once and a while my battery is at 97, or so when I wake up. I've read that when the phone is fully charged for a while, the circuit turns off, and doesn't turn back on until a centain battery percentage, I could be wrong, but that is what I have read. I don't think a restore will fix that problem, but give it a shot if you want.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am just curious if the circuit shut off would be a hardware or software issue. Sounds to me like most people don't have this issue and then there are some at 97. But for me it's usually around 92%.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am just curious if the circuit shut off would be a hardware or software issue. Sounds to me like most people don't have this issue and then there are some at 97. But for me it's usually around 92%.

Give it a restore, setup as new, give it a few days, and see what happens. If you are still having the same problem, make a genius bar appointment, and ask them. They may know something more about it.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
How many of you out there are having this same issue? And if so did you return it for a different one? Just kinda curious i guess....

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
its weird because people are reporting that there phone is less then 100 percent when they take it off the charger in the morning. My phone is always at 100 percent every day...

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
its weird because people are reporting that there phone is less then 100 percent when they take it off the charger in the morning. My phone is always at 100 percent every day...

Yeah I don't get it either. Just wish it would b told wether its a software issue or a hardware issue!

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Do you close out of all your apps every night before your charge?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77