How's Everyone doing without a jailbreak?

Do you care for a jailbreak

• Yes i'm dying for a jailbreak to be released for the 4s

Votes: 143 68.1%
  • No, I don't care for a jailbreak the phone is perfect out the box.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 32 15.2%

• Total voters

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I don't find a jailbreak to be necessary to get the functionality I want from my device. Rooting an Android device is a different story, though.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I miss mywi,pdanet, my3g, winterboard themes, bitesms, infinidock, folder enhancer. I have been using and jailbreaking iphones since I had my iphone 3g in 2008.

acwyau

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm managing without the jailbreak for now, but I'm making a whole bunch of compromises to make the device work like how I had my 4 setup. Keeping in mind that I use my phone as my primary work phone, that tells you how stable a jailbreak can be if you stick with the tried and true tweaks to get better functionality. The tweaks I'm missing are:

- MailEnhancer, this tweak allows to you to totally customize your email with different signatures, unique alert tones and even an icon indicating new email in the banner. Since I use my phone specifically for work, I need to have an official looking signature in all my work emails with all the proper contact info. However, I don't want to have that same signature going out with all personal email as well. I was hoping iOS 5 would offer this functionality, but not luck...it's like Apple wants us to have no more than one email account on our phone at any one time. I also like to have a unique alert tone to let me know when an work email comes in, so I know to check it right away. If its a personal email...no rush.

- AnyAttach, allows me to attach files to an email right from the Mail app...even replies. It even allows me to attach files right from my Dropbox, a extremely useful feature. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten an email from a coworker or my boss asking me if I had copy of some file and I just couldn't hit reply and attach the file. Starting an entire new email from within another app to respond to an email is a pain and gives no context to an email chain.

- SBSettings, toggles to quickly adjust almost any setting on the phone on the fly. Very convenient and even though I have done the Icon Project tweak mentioned earlier to replicate some the functionality, it just isn't the same.

- BiteSMS, the best replacement for the stock messaging program. Lots of features, including the ability to quickly reply to a message in the alert popup, without exiting out of the app you are currently in. Also the ability to quick compose a message by tapping the volume button.

I can pretty much live without any other tweaks that a jailbreak offers, but the ones above are essential to me. In fact, those are features found on most other smartphones just not in iOS. Let's be honest, multiple email accounts and attachments are standard on all other platforms and the fact I have to jailbreak to replicate them...ridiculous.

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently picked up a 4S and an iPad2 after spending many, many years on Blackberry. I don't think I ever had a BB that I didn't alter so I'm probably going to JB my iPhone. Being new to the iOS world, can someone tell me some of the benefits of JB. I've seen several posts about 5 icons in the dock so I get that. I'm also assuming that if I JB my devices that I can drag and drop files over USB without going through iTunes. What other cool things might JB allow me to do?

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I recently picked up a 4S and an iPad2 after spending many, many years on Blackberry. I don't think I ever had a BB that I didn't alter so I'm probably going to JB my iPhone. Being new to the iOS world, can someone tell me some of the benefits of JB. I've seen several posts about 5 icons in the dock so I get that. I'm also assuming that if I JB my devices that I can drag and drop files over USB without going through iTunes. What other cool things might JB allow me to do?
InsidePassage check out this youtube video on reasons to jailbreak:

Why You Should Jailbreak Your iPhone by Saurik | iSpazio.net - YouTube

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
lets not flame eachother please guy's its like a warzone in here.

anyways again i see myself checking to see if there was a jailbreak released but no cigar lol :(

in the end we're all here for the same reason, and its to learn more information. its your choice how you want to take that information...

you don't have to listen or believe everything you see or read...

Yeah, let's keep the flaming only on the Crackberry forums..:D

Personally I'm keeping a running list of the apps/reviews I want to try when it does get released.

Just starting to get anysy myself. Pod2g has tweeted in a week..not sure if that's a good thing as if he is busy working on a release or bad as in giving up..

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Ha! This has been a fun read.

To answer the ORIGINAL point of this thread "How's everyone doing without a jailbreak?" -

Well, I'm doing OK, but, gosh, I really, really miss SBSettings! The Homescreen shortcuts help but they are no true substitute.

I pre-ordered the iP4s and got it on launch day. My iP4 (jailbroken on 4.3.3) went into storage while I played with the new toy for a week or so. Then I went back to the old phone for only a day.

I did like having the jailbreak back but the increased performance of the new iP4s is nice so I'm back to it full time. Plus, the coverage is better. There are a few spots on my drive home where the iP4 almost always drops calls and the new iP4s has yet to drop at those locations.

When the jailbreak comes out (and I say "when" to appease the Gods of Optimism) I'll wait a week or two for the first adopters to find the bugs and then I'm back on Team Jailbreak!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Have to agree. JB in itself is harmless. It's the "now what" that gets people in trouble as they go off exploring the various cydia tweaks. Or failure to follow directions properly. For that reason, i don't even bother recommending jb for friends & family. It'd just mean more support from me.

Its not completely harmless. I cant tell you how many times I see people post that they get error 1600 or ect just by trying to restore while JB.

danmcg

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
How about another choice? Perhaps something like:

"The phone is great, but a jailbreak would be a nice complement"

instead of "I MUST HAVE JAILBREAK NOW!!!1!!!11!!" or "IM APPLE SHEEPLE ITS SO PERFECT OMG WTF!!1111!!!!11!"

No?

:p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2