Help with SIRI

jaydee15

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi i am trying to set up siri to remember my sisters name. This is what I told SIRI:

Me - Jeraldine is my sister
SIRI - OK, do you want me to remeber jeraldine is your sister?
Me - Yes
SIRI - OK Master, I've added this relationship

but when I look at my contacts it saves her as either a manager or an assistant and not as my sister.

Could any of you guys help, I am new to apple. Thank you.

creighton

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Exchange for your contacts? If so, Exchange only recognizes Spouse and Manager relationships. You need to use iCloud or something else for your contacts if you want to add relationships other than spouse. I use Exchange, but also enabled iCloud contacts on my phone and added just one entry there, mine. Then I added all the relationships I wanted to that entry and under the Siri settings, selected the iCloud contact for My Info. Now I can tell Siri to create different relationships and they are added correctly.

Reactions: jaydee15

jaydee15

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using Exchange for your contacts? If so, Exchange only recognizes Spouse and Manager relationships. You need to use iCloud or something else for your contacts if you want to add relationships other than spouse. I use Exchange, but also enabled iCloud contacts on my phone and added just one entry there, mine. Then I added all the relationships I wanted to that entry and under the Siri settings, selected the iCloud contact for My Info. Now I can tell Siri to create different relationships and they are added correctly.

that was it thank you so much! I called apple and they had no clue...its amazing that most people here knows more than apple employees...thanks again

Last edited:

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Now can someone else help me. Whenever i tell Siri to "Tell" someone a message Siri thinks i am 9/10 times saying "Call" and it starts to call someone. Any advice, or tips?

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have come across the same problem. No I say send message to... Or call..., and I dont have any problems.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Why do you think this is? I thought it was just my voice because my friend experienced less problems then i do with this. Its not a real big issue but i hope soon this will be fixed with a update.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Why do you think this is? I thought it was just my voice because my friend experienced less problems then i do with this. Its not a real big issue but i hope soon this will be fixed with a update.

Well it is still in Beta.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2