How do you change the wallpaper...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
or background on the phone? I read somewhere that in order to change the wallpaper from anything other than the stock background you have to unlock and/or jailbreak your phone?

Is this true?

nevermind.. I found my answer. Some dude on another forum was saying that you can only change the wallpaper if your phone is "unlocked," which didn't seem to make sense to me.. he must have been referring to an older model then, per the thread below.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
before the iphone 4 you couldnt change the home screen wallpaper but now you can change both no problem just go to settings>wallpaper

or you can go to your photos application and select a photo then hit the arrow and a menu comes up and you can select wallpaper

Reactions: Rockdog97

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
There are wallpaper apps that will throw wallpaper into your Camera Roll, and from there you can go into wallpaper settings and change it up.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Some dude on another forum was saying that you can only change the wallpaper if your phone is "unlocked," which didn't seem to make sense to me.. he must have been referring to an older model then, per the thread below.
It doesn't make sense for any phone. Unlocking and wallpapers have nothing to do with each other at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2