Who has the 64 Gig and why

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Basically. This is My 64 gig right now... until Itunes Match comes out...

57.42GB Capacity.

12.8GB Music
7.3GB Photos
8 GB apps
1.72 Other
28.1gb Free

I have spotify & Google Music, but I'm looking forward to Itunes Match. I have a LOT of music, but the music I listen to the most made the device. Just in case i'm on a ski-lift or something with no service or connect to wifi.

and for the extra $100 I paid... I got twice the size phone of the 32. Resale value. Learned that from my ipod days.
:eek: WOW that's a lot of music on your phone! And how many apps is that! I barely have 500MB in apps.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I put a lot of music, pictures and apps on my iPhone... I had the 32gb iP4 and I was constantly managing the content to keep around 2gb free at all times. Now with the 64gb iP4S I have just about everything I want on it right now and about 28gb still free to keep adding content. Love it!! I'm hoping for a 128gb iP5 next year!!

mysimba97

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
For me... It's the amount of music I have... I have over 1TB of music (from purchases via Amazon, iTunes, etc. and from rips from my CD's)... I like that I can use that space for as much music as I'd like...

Plus, as noted by others, the resale is not bad either...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought that the resale of my 32GB iPhone 4 would be better then the 16GB, but it doesn't seem to be all that much better. I almost never used more then 16GB, so I went with the 16 this time. I can't sync all my movies, but I still have enough.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have it because I needed the space. My 32 was full and now only have 11GB's available on my 64.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I went 64GB so I could finally fit all my music on the only iPod I use anymore, my iPhone. I have ~43GB of music, then the rest will be there for pictures and videos. I might even have to take off some of my music to leave more room for pic and video, that 1080p is a storage space eater!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I thought that the resale of my 32GB iPhone 4 would be better then the 16GB, but it doesn't seem to be all that much better. I almost never used more then 16GB, so I went with the 16 this time. I can't sync all my movies, but I still have enough.

Same here, i didn't get much more for a 32gb iphone 4 vs the 16gb. And the 64gb ipads took a beating in resale vs the 16. I'm not sure i'd be buying this strictly for resale value. 16gb is still the best value buy.

I got 64 because i use a lot of apps. From experience, you usually fill the space you have. I usually keep around 4gb free even using the cloud more.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I got the 64GB because

a) my 32GB iPhone 4 had about 2GB free, and that is because I was continually deleting stuff.
b) I will be able to sell it for more when I get the iPhone 5
c) I will be able to store more apps (apps account for about 10GB of my space right now - many are ones I am in the process of reviewing).

Chris

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
i just got back from bestbuy for my 64gb replacement.at first i thought 16gb is enough but i was wrong because taking pictures and videos needs alot of memory.iphone 4s only record on 1080p and suck alot of memory plus 8 mega for still pix.200 dollars more is worthy for me.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
i just got back from bestbuy for my 64gb replacement.at first i thought 16gb is enough but i was wrong because taking pictures and videos needs alot of memory.iphone 4s only record on 1080p and suck alot of memory plus 8 mega for still pix.200 dollars more is worthy for me.

I agree completely!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

lennyj17

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Some people its probably because thats all thats available on Sprint for the last 2 weeks and they dont want to play backorder roulette

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Main reason... Resale Value.

Second reason, I take a ton of videos and pics and figured when I go on vacation, I definitely won't run out of space.

Third reason... just becasue....

i hate to bust your bubble, but you will lose out on resale value.

I had the 32gb iphone 4. I sold it on ebay. Check the average prices. The 32gb was only going for about $25 more then the 16GB. There just is not as much demand for the larger capacity phones. I hope that wasnt the only reason you went larger.

I have the 64gb now. I have about 30gb of music and I hate being 2 hours from home and thinking of a song, just to realize that it was not on my phone. now I am sitting with 7gb of free space and my entire library with me.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Tons of apps coming over from my iPad 2 and lots of music. I like knowing that I have plenty of space for as much stuff as desired.

I agree, the number one reason I got the 64GB version was because of the added space. I had only 4GB available free space on my old 32GB. Now I have plenty of room for the HD videos & better apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77