I thought that the resale of my 32GB iPhone 4 would be better then the 16GB, but it doesn't seem to be all that much better. I almost never used more then 16GB, so I went with the 16 this time. I can't sync all my movies, but I still have enough.
    10-25-2011 01:48 PM
    I have it because I needed the space. My 32 was full and now only have 11GB's available on my 64.
    10-25-2011 05:10 PM
    I just got my 4s 64g and I have use up 34g already. Glad I got the 64g. I'm just waiting for the jailbreak for 4s now, I mis having having jailbreak.
    10-25-2011 06:52 PM
    I went 64GB so I could finally fit all my music on the only iPod I use anymore, my iPhone. I have ~43GB of music, then the rest will be there for pictures and videos. I might even have to take off some of my music to leave more room for pic and video, that 1080p is a storage space eater!
    10-25-2011 07:00 PM
    I thought that the resale of my 32GB iPhone 4 would be better then the 16GB, but it doesn't seem to be all that much better. I almost never used more then 16GB, so I went with the 16 this time. I can't sync all my movies, but I still have enough.
    Same here, i didn't get much more for a 32gb iphone 4 vs the 16gb. And the 64gb ipads took a beating in resale vs the 16. I'm not sure i'd be buying this strictly for resale value. 16gb is still the best value buy.

I got 64 because i use a lot of apps. From experience, you usually fill the space you have. I usually keep around 4gb free even using the cloud more.
    10-25-2011 07:04 PM
    I got the 64GB because

a) my 32GB iPhone 4 had about 2GB free, and that is because I was continually deleting stuff.
    b) I will be able to sell it for more when I get the iPhone 5
    c) I will be able to store more apps (apps account for about 10GB of my space right now - many are ones I am in the process of reviewing).

Chris
    10-25-2011 10:15 PM
    i just got back from bestbuy for my 64gb replacement.at first i thought 16gb is enough but i was wrong because taking pictures and videos needs alot of memory.iphone 4s only record on 1080p and suck alot of memory plus 8 mega for still pix.200 dollars more is worthy for me.
    10-25-2011 11:12 PM
    Resale, hd video, I love all the games and have 25 games on my iPhone, pictures from 2007
    10-25-2011 11:15 PM
    I'd buy a 128gb if it was out. Just the biggest and best out there is why I got it.
    10-25-2011 11:17 PM
    i just got back from bestbuy for my 64gb replacement.at first i thought 16gb is enough but i was wrong because taking pictures and videos needs alot of memory.iphone 4s only record on 1080p and suck alot of memory plus 8 mega for still pix.200 dollars more is worthy for me.
    I agree completely!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    10-25-2011 11:36 PM
    Some people its probably because thats all thats available on Sprint for the last 2 weeks and they dont want to play backorder roulette
    10-26-2011 08:02 AM
    Main reason... Resale Value.

Second reason, I take a ton of videos and pics and figured when I go on vacation, I definitely won't run out of space.

Third reason... just becasue....
    i hate to bust your bubble, but you will lose out on resale value.

I had the 32gb iphone 4. I sold it on ebay. Check the average prices. The 32gb was only going for about $25 more then the 16GB. There just is not as much demand for the larger capacity phones. I hope that wasnt the only reason you went larger.

I have the 64gb now. I have about 30gb of music and I hate being 2 hours from home and thinking of a song, just to realize that it was not on my phone. now I am sitting with 7gb of free space and my entire library with me.
    10-26-2011 09:46 AM
    Some people its probably because thats all thats available on Sprint for the last 2 weeks and they dont want to play backorder roulette
    QFT

Sent from my 3G iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    10-26-2011 10:40 PM
    Tons of apps coming over from my iPad 2 and lots of music. I like knowing that I have plenty of space for as much stuff as desired.
    10-26-2011 11:01 PM
    Tons of apps coming over from my iPad 2 and lots of music. I like knowing that I have plenty of space for as much stuff as desired.
    I agree, the number one reason I got the 64GB version was because of the added space. I had only 4GB available free space on my old 32GB. Now I have plenty of room for the HD videos & better apps.
    10-26-2011 11:32 PM
    I bought the 64gb because it was available. That's me being honest. And now I think about it, I'll be able to resell it at a higher value than the 32/16.

I actually went ahead and bought the 64gb 3G version of the iPad because it was the highest I could get.

Another reason I could add now as I could always exchange for the 32gb is the fact that I know I'll never need to worry about space.

10-27-2011 12:49 AM
    I have to agree with those who say resale shouldn't be a factor in your purchase.

Just the other day, when I compared online resale prices of the iPhone 4 16 vs 32 there wasn't much in it.. maybe 10 to 13 more!

I think, for someone who isn't going to be utilising the extra space, you're basically throwing your money away.

I also believe the 16GB are probably more popular than the bigger sizes, it was defnitely my experience when trying to order my iPhone last year, my carrier was always sold out of the 16GB but usually had the 32 to offer me... plus with the added benefits of iCloud... it would seem the 16GB are even more value for money imo.
    10-28-2011 07:18 AM
    I have to agree with those who say resale shouldn't be a factor in your purchase.

Just the other day, when I compared online resale prices of the iPhone 4 16 vs 32 there wasn't much in it.. maybe 10 to 13 more!

I think, for someone who isn't going to be utilising the extra space, you're basically throwing your money away.

I also believe the 16GB are probably more popular than the bigger sizes, it was defnitely my experience when trying to order my iPhone last year, my carrier was always sold out of the 16GB but usually had the 32 to offer me... plus with the added benefits of iCloud... it would seem the 16GB are even more value for money imo.
    To hit this first point you made about resale value not being a good reason to buy a device, that is a personal opinion. I think it's a great reason for us who buy the new iPhone every year and don't want to lose to much money or lose any at all if you're a good salesman. And I don't know to many people who will get 64 gigs and not use it all or most of it. If so you're right it is an obvious waste of money to get that just for resale then use 32 gigs that's is just dumb really.

Now the 16 gig being more popular anyway well duh of course. That's the consumers model especially in today's economy. Most aren't just walking around with 399.00. Look at the blackberry their top selling device is the curve it's smaller cheaper and more affordable (just common sense logic there) of course it will be more popular. And being more value for money well depends on what you consider a good investment. For me it's always been the 32 everyone I bought then sold it had more then enough to get the new iPhone without having to get more money from my pockets. We always fall short reselling my wife's 16 gig, by about 100 bucks.
    10-28-2011 07:29 AM
    I'm just not cheap. I think about using my phone to it's maximum capability. I'm all for icloud and whatnot, but the extra space that I like to use ON device would be better suited for me.

Now... I'll say this... if they would've released Itunes Match the same day as the iPhone4s, it would've been obvious to get the 16gb, but since they didnt, I got the 64gb.

I also am glad I didnt wait for the Galaxy Nexus on Verzion. smh. And just to think... I was Team Android for years..
    10-28-2011 08:57 AM
    To hit this first point you made about resale value not being a good reason to buy a device, that is a personal opinion. I think it's a great reason for us who buy the new iPhone every year and don't want to lose to much money or lose any at all if you're a good salesman. And I don't know to many people who will get 64 gigs and not use it all or most of it. If so you're right it is an obvious waste of money to get that just for resale then use 32 gigs that's is just dumb really.

Now the 16 gig being more popular anyway well duh of course. That's the consumers model especially in today's economy. Most aren't just walking around with 399.00. Look at the blackberry their top selling device is the curve it's smaller cheaper and more affordable (just common sense logic there) of course it will be more popular. And being more value for money well depends on what you consider a good investment. For me it's always been the 32 everyone I bought then sold it had more then enough to get the new iPhone without having to get more money from my pockets. We always fall short reselling my wife's 16 gig, by about 100 bucks.
    Ok, well we agree on one thing... that is, its silly to pay more, $100 more for a 32GB/64GB iPhone only to use 16GB/32GB in hope of reselling and recouping back most of your money.

In your case and I think its a exceptional case that you are able to always sell your used iPhones and recoup more than enough to buy the next gen. But like I said before online comparison sites are suggesting otherwise. Again, I understand the american mobile market is somewhat different to Europe/UK.
    10-28-2011 10:42 AM
    Well I went for the 64gb because I'm a glutton & need the space. I always managed to max out my 32gb 3GS, mind you I had that JB.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.792328,144.770390
    10-28-2011 10:50 AM
    I had an 8GB BB Torch before moving back to iPhone and I never maxed out my Torch, granted BBs have a worse app selection. If I had never moved from my 3GS to Torch then back to iPhone4S, I probably would have needed a 32GB, but since I lost a lot of stuff when my 3GS died, I won't come near the 16GB for awhile unless I put several movies on the phone. I plan on keeping my 4S until the iPhone5 refresh comes out in two years so I'm sure in two years I'll have filled up the 16GB.
    10-28-2011 11:30 AM
    Another reason I could add now as I could always exchange for the 32gb is the fact that I know I'll never need to worry about space.

I've got the 32GB and don't have to worry about space. I've only used 1GB of the 28.1 of usable space on my 4S. I thought about 64GB but couldn't justify the expense of it.
    10-28-2011 01:09 PM
    Hey everyone. First post here. I have been a longtime Android user, still have one Android device. Switched my other device from EVO 4G to iPhone 4S on Sprint. I got the 64GB. I chose it for two reasons:

1. I have too much stuff to fit on smaller device. Actually, I have too much stuff to fit on this one as well, but it gives me greater flexibility.

2. When I went to Sprint to get it on launch day, all they had left in stock was the 64GB. Didn't want to wait for new shipment.
    10-28-2011 02:31 PM
    My reason is simple, just because I wanted to and my own self rationalization that I would be using the video a lot. Truth be told, the 32g is probably more than enough but I'm fortunate enough to have some disposable income so what the heck.
    10-28-2011 03:20 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD