Solution to iPhone 4S battery life?

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Me and my girlfriend both have the iPhone 4S. And I've noticed how much of a battery loss the 4S is getting compared to my old 4 that I'm still trying to sell. I have the 4 stock running on iOS 5 and even though it doesn't have Siri, it still is holding a lot more of a charge than my 4S, at least 10-15% more charge doing the same amount of use. My idea was perhaps swapping batteries between the 4 and 4S since Apple stated that the 4S has about 100 hrs less in standby mode and 100 hrs more in 3G talk, I really don't need that extra juice going towards 3G talk since I only turn it on when I need info on the go plus I have the 200 MB plan, and I have excellent signal strength on Edge where I live. Anyone think my theory will work?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
No... and according to iFixit 4S teardown the battery connectors are different shapes. I turned off Siri raise to speak and Ping via restrictions and it seems to have helped my battery life significantly.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
It definitely doesn't last as long as my 4 did. I can't easily kill the battery in 5 hours if I wanted but I just use my iPad more to slow the drain.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen any battery issues. I can make it all day on a charge with normal use.

That's great, but "normal use" is very subjective. With my "normal use" I can make it to about late afternoon/early evening... on a "light use" day for me I can make it to about bedtime. Irregardless of yours and my use case scenarios there is obviously a battery issue going on with the 4S with the amount of complaining here and on similar boards. I'm sure point releases of 5.0 from Apple will address battery drain... but in the meantime OP try my two suggestions and see if that helps....

HAVOKID

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen any battery issues. I can make it all day on a charge with normal use.

I can make it all day too but one of the luxuries I loved about having an iPhone is it lasting almost 3-4 days on a single charge. With the iPhone 4S, it's almost like charging every other day and making it last a day and a half. This is one of the main reasons I went back to the iPhone 4 after my HTC Inspire was such a let down in the battery department, didn't want to walk around with a car battery attached to my hip.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just learned to stop using my computer like a laptop, touching it at every whim. I check it when it's truly necessary or when I have a little bit of down time. It's a new phone though, so the novelty hasn't worn down yet, so everyone is eager to have it out doing something to it.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I turned off Ping using restrictions and just hit 40% after being off the charger for over 12 hours with moderate usage (some Angry Birds and Alchemy, constantly Facebook and twitter, etc). It really helps.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, I noticed that the key battery drain happens between 100-80%. After that, if used correctly, it actually does pretty good leading down. I have to learn to charge it LESS. I'm putting it to the test tomorrow. I have a concert I'm attending tonight so I cant afford to lose battery, but from 8am Tuesday until 8am wednesday I will only charge the phone ONCE fi it reaches below 10%.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77