New iPhone 4S antenna is awesome

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I know that there were issues with the antenna for the iPhone 4, but I have to say, this antenna for the 4S is remarkable. It seems like everywhere I go I have full bars or almost full bars. Albeit, I did switch to Verizon. But it just seems like the antenna is really good this time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There was a cell "hole" right inside the perimeter here in Atlanta that i always dropped calls in, and i drove through it for the first time with my 4S yesterday on a phone call and realized several minutes later that my call never dropped...it never even lowered in quality or reception or anything. I've driven through that area a million times with every one of my iPhones and it ALWAYS dropped the call right there...i actually used to wait until i passed the area before i'd make calls, but now...it seems to be fixed! Bravo!

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I can get 3G at my house (granted, just a bar or two) whereas before I had such poor reception AT&T _gave_ me a microcell after testing. And _way_ out in the sticks I am getting reception where with my 3GS I had none.

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
There was a cell "hole" right inside the perimeter here in Atlanta that i always dropped calls in, and i drove through it for the first time with my 4S yesterday on a phone call and realized several minutes later that my call never dropped...it never even lowered in quality or reception or anything. I've driven through that area a million times with every one of my iPhones and it ALWAYS dropped the call right there...i actually used to wait until i passed the area before i'd make calls, but now...it seems to be fixed! Bravo!

Sean, would that be on 400 between 285 and the toll plaza; or maybe not as that is technically OTP! ;) I have been home most of the week so haven't been able to give the phone a full test, but looking forward to less dropped calls.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've spent two periods of a few hours with both 4 and 4S (Verizon). For the most part it looks like a moderate improvement if at all but a few of my users and a family member are very happy because that small difference means they can talk anyplace in their homes and offices.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sean, would that be on 400 between 285 and the toll plaza; or maybe not as that is technically OTP! ;) I have been home most of the week so haven't been able to give the phone a full test, but looking forward to less dropped calls.

lol...its funny you mention that one, i had forgot about it! This one is actually off 85 south at the P'tree connector. Im actually going to test the 400 one today! :p

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I know that there were issues with the antenna for the iPhone 4, but I have to say, this antenna for the 4S is remarkable. It seems like everywhere I go I have full bars or almost full bars. Albeit, I did switch to Verizon. But it just seems like the antenna is really good this time.
Verizonas well. I was with Verizon before. I agree highest # of bars almost everywhere and better reception, believe it or not than my old blackberry bold.

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
lol...its funny you mention that one, i had forgot about it! This one is actually off 85 south at the P'tree connector. Im actually going to test the 400 one today! :p

Let me know how that one works; I don't think I will be there this week. I must have been having another brain cramp at that area on 400 is ITP, although sometime I start getting garbled before hitting 285 coming south.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I definitely can get a better signal in my office at work then I did with my previous phones..

Same! With my VZ Palm Pre2 I was lucky LUCKY to get 1-2 bars of voice service. The Ev icon would show up but if I tried to use data it would stutter and drop to 1x or no service. WIth the VZ 4S I'm pretty consistent with 3 bars of voice (dropping to 2 sometimes) and the 3G works!

Service in this office is terrible no matter what carrier we're on, but the 4S does seem to make a big difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll