Battery life issues?

RichardC300

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had the stock widget off since I got the phone, so I can't comment on that one, but I turned off the weather widget yesterday, and I'd say it has helped quite a bit. Nothing major. I probably have 20% more at most at the end of the day.

HeyGreggie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I remember I have a dual core iPhone 4s and not a single core iPhone 4.

Also, Facebook notifications are a battery killer right with gps.

pokey318

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

b0bbYboy

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol I'm sick of all these little "methods" of improving the battery. I tried all of them and didn't help at all. So I turned everything back on and same battery life. Plus I bought an iPhone not an htc thunderbolt. All I ask is that the end of the day with moderate use I have at least 20-30% left of battery.

Anyways, I've been tempted to buy an app that smart charges the battery like battery doctor or battery boost magic. Im just skeptical about it. Anyone have some feedback regarding the apps?

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Lol I'm sick of all these little "methods" of improving the battery. I tried all of them and didn't help at all. So I turned everything back on and same battery life. Plus I bought an iPhone not an htc thunderbolt. All I ask is that the end of the day with moderate use I have at least 20-30% left of battery.

Anyways, I've been tempted to buy an app that smart charges the battery like battery doctor or battery boost magic. Im just skeptical about it. Anyone have some feedback regarding the apps?

If you're that desperate why don't you load the beta?

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
for me.. battery life on a single charge has been averaging at least 12 to 14 hrs. I noticed it improved after I let it cycle down to where it powered off.. And then fully charged it. So if apple is working on a fix and it improves it more than what I have I will be even happier.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The fix is available now? I just heard on Fox News that Apple said it will not be available for another two weeks. Where did you find it? Thanks!

It's been released to developers for beta testing. Become a developer and you can have it direct from Apple.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
What's a good or bad battery life for the iPhone? I've had it off the charged for almost 24 hours now and have surfed the web most of the time, sent emails, etc. so I feel I'm getting pretty good time out of it.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
What's a good or bad battery life for the iPhone? I've had it off the charged for almost 24 hours now and have surfed the web most of the time, sent emails, etc. so I feel I'm getting pretty good time out of it.

I usually get 24 hours with 7 to 8 hours of usage. I feel that is pretty good. When I let my phone die completely it'll go about 28 to 30 hours.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

shawnfont

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So last night, at around 3am, I unplugged my 4S and plugged in my iPad. When I woke up, my iPhone was down to 85%. Is anyone else experiencing this type of battery usage? My old iPhone would only be down to 98% when I did this before.

I can understand that during the day I a,using it a lot, but not when I'm asleep. Thoughts?

-John

Apple is comming out with a fix for this problem. But in the mean time, go to Settings, Location Services, System Services and turn off Setting Time Zone. You only need this if you travel through different time zones. If it stayes on, it keeps getting your location to make sure it stays in the correct time zone. If you dont travel, you dont need it on and it will stay at the time zone you are in. This will help.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple is comming out with a fix for this problem. But in the mean time, go to Settings, Location Services, System Services and turn off Setting Time Zone. You only need this if you travel through different time zones. If it stayes on, it keeps getting your location to make sure it stays in the correct time zone. If you dont travel, you dont need it on and it will stay at the time zone you are in. This will help.

While you're at it, turn off all items in that menu. It will make a huge difference in batt life.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
While you're at it, turn off all items in that menu. It will make a huge difference in batt life.

I did just that. It sure helped. Turned FB notifications off. icloud is on. notification center on sans weather and stocks. Drained it till dead. Charged with phone turned OFF. Turned on in airplane mode and charged until battery doctor told me to stop. Turned off airplane mode and slept at 12:30. Woke up at 7:30 still at 100%. PERFECT. Right now i am at 77% with 13 hours and 42 minutes since unplugged. I have been texting, playing words, and answered a call. 2 hours 33 min of use time.