iPhone 4S (IS THIS POSSIBLE?)

Nicospa32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not eligible for an upgrade. However, my grandma is. (She doesn't own an iPhone), I DO NOT want to pay $450 for an iPhone 4S, so can't I just upgrade with her phone # ($200) and then switch SIM cars with mine to the 4S? Someone tell me if this is possible. Thanks.

Stupidkid

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
You sure can, but she will have to be there to authorize the upgrade. It would be just like buying a phone from someone else, all you gotta do is swap the sim cards :)

Reactions: Nicospa32

Nicospa32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
What about the SIM cards?

Ok. What about the SIM cards? She doesn't have an iPhone, so if they activate the phone for her number, she can't put the SIM in her old phone (the iP4 has a microsim) so how does this work?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not eligible for an upgrade. However, my grandma is. (She doesn't own an iPhone), I DO NOT want to pay $450 for an iPhone 4S, so can't I just upgrade with her phone # ($200) and then switch SIM cars with mine to the 4S? Someone tell me if this is possible. Thanks.

Yeah, you can have her order it and everything all you need to do is swap the SIM card and you're on your merry way :)

Nicospa32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
same

That's what I'm doing with my wife. Good thing she doesn't care about all the nifty new features.

Does your wife have an iPhone also?

My grandma doesn't have an iPhone, so I'm curious to see how the SIM switch will be a hassle. The iPhone uses a micro sim, so I'm not sure how this will work.

Stupidkid

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok. What about the SIM cards? She doesn't have an iPhone, so if they activate the phone for her number, she can't put the SIM in her old phone (the iP4 has a microsim) so how does this work?

They will give her one for free. She would be charged a $35(in Canada at least) activation fee. Then you take hers out. Put yours in. And get them to reactivate her old phone.

Not sure if they will let her buy it with her plan and then give it to you right away, just ask your provider to be 100% sure.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Does your wife have an iPhone also?

My grandma doesn't have an iPhone, so I'm curious to see how the SIM switch will be a hassle. The iPhone uses a micro sim, so I'm not sure how this will work.

Oh, yeah! If you don't have a micro sim in you're current phone you might have to purchase one from AT&T and then you can put it in and be on you're merry way. Haha :D

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I did that when I went from the 3GS the 4. I bought two basic flip phones on eBay and put the sim cards in those and then called ATT to have the data plans removed. They charged me for a micro sim but it was worth the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
She will just re-activate her old sim and put it in her old phone, you will put your current micro sim in the new phone and you should all be ready to go. It would be exactly the same as somebody who bought a phone and then sold it to someone else and then they activated it.

javierE186

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
No if you do not have a micro sim just cut it or get a cutter for it, that's what I did with my T-mobile sim and now it's in my iPhone 4. Also if she can get an upgrade then she will (well you) can get the iPhone 4s all you have to do is pay the difference/ what a person would pay if they starting a new contract.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2