Google Voice Integration on Sprint

jmalloch

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I searched and couldn't find much on this topic: I am a Sprint user and have been on Android while on Sprint. I have fully integrated my Google Voice account with my Sprint account and like that I can call and text from my computer, as well as my phone.

Does anyone know how Sprint plans to implement the integrated Google Voice with the iPhone?

I like Android and use a lot of Google's products, but I am a long time Mac user (ever since our Apple IIe) but have never been on a carrier that offered the iPhone, until now.

So, can I have the best of both worlds? Use the iPhone the and still use all of the Google products that I have become used to......

Thanks.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I searched and couldn't find much on this topic: I am a Sprint user and have been on Android while on Sprint. I have fully integrated my Google Voice account with my Sprint account and like that I can call and text from my computer, as well as my phone.

Does anyone know how Sprint plans to implement the integrated Google Voice with the iPhone?

I like Android and use a lot of Google's products, but I am a long time Mac user (ever since our Apple IIe) but have never been on a carrier that offered the iPhone, until now.

So, can I have the best of both worlds? Use the iPhone the and still use all of the Google products that I have become used to......

Thanks.

I would think you can still can because, all you have to do to sign up is type you're number in on the Google form. Actually it should just transfer over when you put you're line on the iPhone.

Reactions: jmalloch

numb3rmonkey

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding all integration is done on the Google Voice side at google.com/voice and it doesn't matter what kind of phone you have so we should still be able to call and text from our computers and phones the same way.

Browsing the App Store it seems most Google Apps are available for the iPhone including Google Voice.

Reactions: jmalloch

jmalloch

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input.

It seems that there is a Google Voice app in the app store, so that should make things fairly easy to set up. It will be interesting to see how the total integration works since Apple and Google don't always see eye to eye (Though imagine the amazing products we would have if they got along a little better...).

It makes sense that it is more a carrier side integration as opposed to a phone side integration and 'should' work seamlessly.

I am excited to see what this holiday season brings us. See if I end up on iOS, or stay on Android or try a QNX Blackberry (started the whole smart phone thing with a Storm.)

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input.

It seems that there is a Google Voice app in the app store, so that should make things fairly easy to set up. It will be interesting to see how the total integration works since Apple and Google don't always see eye to eye (Though imagine the amazing products we would have if they got along a little better...).

It makes sense that it is more a carrier side integration as opposed to a phone side integration and 'should' work seamlessly.

I am excited to see what this holiday season brings us. See if I end up on iOS, or stay on Android or try a QNX Blackberry (started the whole smart phone thing with a Storm.)

Accualy you can use Google intergration on any carrier! I just found this out but, if you download the Google Voice App it should work on any carrier. All you do is send it to you're phone. go to this link and check it out! Google Voice for your phone

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Been using GV on my iPhone since my 3G. I am on an iP4 now. I do NOT publish or hand out my ATT mobile # any more. I only publish my GV #. You can use the official GV app or GV Connect. They both allow you to make/receive all calls and texts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost