VZW - no employee discounts on 4S?

lockerc18

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd wander down the pre-order path on VZW to see what landmines there are hidden along the way. One thing is that employee discounts will not be applied. Any others? Is there a NE2 discount? Doesn't look like it.

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Thought I'd wander down the pre-order path on VZW to see what landmines there are hidden along the way. One thing is that employee discounts will not be applied. Any others? Is there a NE2 discount? Doesn't look like it.

no discounts... it will be the prices as listed...

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Apple, is strict about no Carrier Apps, and no carrier customization. This is why Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T employee's don't get it at a discounted price.

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

jd78

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Apple, is strict about no Carrier Apps, and no carrier customization. This is why Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T employee's don't get it at a discounted price.

Not sure what apps have to do with employee pricing... I can't speak for other carriers, but I am on an employee's plan through Sprint. The Nexus S 4G has no carrier apps and was eligible for employee discounts. Now, the question is what do you consider a discount? The pricing of the Advantage Club is usually either the contract pricing (but without the contract) or lower and you get a discounted monthly rate.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what apps have to do with employee pricing... I can't speak for other carriers, but I am on an employee's plan through Sprint. The Nexus S 4G has no carrier apps and was eligible for employee discounts. Now, the question is what do you consider a discount? The pricing of the Advantage Club is usually either the contract pricing (but without the contract) or lower and you get a discounted monthly rate.

I meant, it has no carrier customization. Meaning all it gets is Sprint's branding and that's it. Besides this it is just like Apples unlocked iPhone 4S, Verizon's, and AT&T's.

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
I have a buddy who works for AT&T and they've never gotten discounts on iPhones that I know of, at least not during launch of a new one. But maybe after things have settled down. But I do know he can't get a discount on the 4S. I do believe, however, that they get discounts on their voice plans, but I don't think they get discounts on the data plan because it's one of those things that is specific to iPhone. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I would guess that the same pricing applies for employees regardless of their carrier, but again, I could be very wrong in my assumption.

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got my NE2 discount at verizon during the preorder. I paid only $149 at verizon for IP4S 16GB.

Sent using Tapatalk

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
You should still be able to receive your employee discount on your bill. This same issue came up when they pre-ordered the iPhone 4. I & everyone else I know are still getting our monthly discount.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2