I came from an evo 3d so screen is way smaller on iPhone but the quality is great so no complaints and I have an iPhone 3GS so the 4S will be amazing

"Think Different"
    ~ Steve Jobs ~
    10-06-2011 07:42 PM
    I would have loved to see a 3.8" - 4" screen on the 4S. Even if they had kept the resolution the same so as not to cause a problem with apps, I'm betting it still would have been an awesome screen.
    10-06-2011 08:48 PM
    The more i wish the screen size was bigger, i keep thinking that my 4 fits my hand perfectly. Its still a toss up for me.
    10-06-2011 08:59 PM
    I think they could have made the screen 4 inches and kept the relative same size of the current iphone. No need to go much larger than that as 4 inch is perfect IMO for a screen.
    10-06-2011 10:20 PM
    IMO, can't stand big screens, don't need them. This screen size is perfect for me, I'm in front of a computer all day long anyways so if I want to watch something I'll just pull it up. As far as the thickness goes again see no need for it to be skinnier, I like a little substance when I hold my phone so this size again is perfect for me.
    10-06-2011 10:39 PM
    lol people are complaining about thickness? Any more and it will disappear! Or break in half...
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-07-2011 02:47 PM
    I wouldn't want a bigger screen. I hate typing on larger phones. this is perfect.
    10-07-2011 02:52 PM
    Fine for me; I like it to be comfortable to hold and fit in my pocket.
    10-07-2011 02:54 PM
    Fine for me; I like it to be comfortable to hold and fit in my pocket.
    I agree, by the time you put a good heavy duty case on one its very large in your pocket!!

KC
    10-07-2011 02:56 PM
    lol people are complaining about thickness? Any more and it will disappear! Or break in half...
    Well, most of the high end Android phones are now thinner, because the larger width and length allows them to space out the components more. They also make use of strategically placed bumps in thickness for camera sensors and the like.

I imagine that's why people would complain about the thickness of the iPhone, in relation to screen size.

At 9.3mm it is very thin, but the boxy-ness of the design makes it feel and look thicker than it is.
    10-07-2011 03:27 PM
    My preference would be a larger screen. I had an EVO for close to a year and was happy with the size. Sold it when I went to Verizon and picked up an used OG Droid to use while I waited for the iPhone 5(or 4S as it turned out to be) The size difference was dramatic and I wasn't entirely happy. The good side effect is that the even smaller size of not as much of a shock. I think the 4" can be done in a case around the size of the 4/4S with a small bezel, maybe just a touch larger.(as in a mm or two) This would satisfy those of use who want a larger screen while not enlarging the physical size of the phone enough to upset those happy with the current form factor.
    10-07-2011 05:05 PM
    My preference would be a larger screen. I had an EVO for close to a year and was happy with the size. Sold it when I went to Verizon and picked up an used OG Droid to use while I waited for the iPhone 5(or 4S as it turned out to be) The size difference was dramatic and I wasn't entirely happy. The good side effect is that the even smaller size of not as much of a shock. I think the 4" can be done in a case around the size of the 4/4S with a small bezel, maybe just a touch larger.(as in a mm or two) This would satisfy those of use who want a larger screen while not enlarging the physical size of the phone enough to upset those happy with the current form factor.
    Yeah, but didn't you ever have the problem where you could almost never get it out of you're pocket without a problem? I always had that problem.
    10-07-2011 05:09 PM
    I think an edge to edge with te current size phone would be perfect. More real estate and still be way to use with one hand. So 3.7" I guess
    zackawee27 likes this.
    10-07-2011 05:12 PM
    I think an edge to edge with te current size phone would be perfect. More real estate and still be way to use with one hand. So 3.7" I guess
    3.7/3/8 is perfect 4.0 would be alright. iPhone 5 will probably have 4 inch retina display.
    10-07-2011 05:13 PM
    I don't mind the size at all. I can't believe how large some of the android devices are getting! To me, that takes away from the functionality of the phone. If I want a larger screen then I go for a tablet.

If they do make it bigger, I hope it's not much.
    10-07-2011 05:21 PM
    I hate large phones. Just the fact that on my old 3D all the icons were so spaced out it didn't look that nice to me. 3.5 is great
    10-07-2011 05:31 PM
    Honestly i dont need anything crazy big. The iphones aspect ratio makes the screen wider than 16:9 screens of the same size you see on many Android devices. It makes it seem more spacious and seem bigger than it is. I think I would like something right around 4in. No Bigger! I dont need 4.3 at all. I believe the resolution retains over 300ppi just under 3.9in. so im hoping for a bump to maybe 3.8 next year.
    10-07-2011 06:10 PM
    Honestly i dont need anything crazy big. The iphones aspect ratio makes the screen wider than 16:9 screens of the same size you see on many Android devices. It makes it seem more spacious and seem bigger than it is. I think I would like something right around 4in. No Bigger! I dont need 4.3 at all. I believe the resolution retains over 300ppi just under 3.9in. so im hoping for a bump to maybe 3.8 next year.
    Plus by next year supposedly toshiba had a 4 inch display that would fall under the "retina display" moniker so maybe the next version of the iphone will have that. I agree 4 inch is good no need to go any larger.
    10-07-2011 06:16 PM
    I think this is just the right size for a touch screen phone. Perfect for holding in one hand.
    10-07-2011 08:27 PM
    I wanted it to be 4.0. In my opinion that is the perfect size.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-07-2011 09:01 PM
    i have an og EVO, but after playing with my friends iPhone and using my touch, i see no problem with the 3.5 screen. In fact i feel like i can use it better and is more comfortable in my hand.
    10-07-2011 09:33 PM
    I would hate to have a bigger display. There's an iPad for that IMO. I had an evo. Didn't feel like a phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-07-2011 09:40 PM
    more than good enough. bigger and more useful area than my biggest Berry AND small enough to keep the phone sexy and not looking like an android monstrosity.
    10-07-2011 11:46 PM
    more than good enough. bigger and more useful area than my biggest Berry AND small enough to keep the phone sexy and not looking like an android monstrosity.
    agreed
    10-07-2011 11:49 PM
    Take a look at this post I put up a little while ago; it makes a good case for 3.5 being the ideal touchscreen size: http://forums.tipb.com/iphone-4s-for...ight-size.html
    10-08-2011 12:05 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD