I was fairly upset yesterday, but after a day to cool off i have decided to get the 4s. Has anyone else jumped back on board? =)
    10-05-2011 03:11 PM
    Why were you upset?
    10-05-2011 03:12 PM
    i was so expecting a design change and 4in screen. I'm no spring chicken and i'm use to the huge screen on my charge. =)
    10-05-2011 03:19 PM
    Victim of the rumor mill...hopefully this teaches you to take anything that doesn't come straight from Apple (concerning Apple products) with the tiniest grain of salt.

Why do you think so many of us were trashing on all the new threads popping up in this forum spreading the hype like wild fire...lol.
    10-05-2011 03:23 PM
    I was fairly upset yesterday, but after a day to cool off i have decided to get the 4s. Has anyone else jumped back on board? =)
    LOLZ! Me too! After I cried and stomped my feet (not literally, of course) like a 2-year-old yesterday because we aren't getting the iPhone 5 this year I was able to re-assess the situation and realize there are some nice improvements in the iPhone 4s. Im pretty excited for the new iOS notifications, faster processor and Siri! I get an upgrade every year so why the h*ll not get it? I can sell or trade in the iPhone 4.
    10-05-2011 03:26 PM
    I bought the Verizon i4 on release day. When they announced the data rate changes i had to get my oldest son off his feature phone to keep all of my lines on unlimited data. He had been bugging me for some time for an i4. I told him when the i5 came out he could have mine. Since red decided to change the data rate i thought i would try a 4g phone.

Idk, i guess i just thought with the droves of 4in plus screens out there on droid phones, that the 4in screen on the new iphone would be a given.

But (long sigh), after some reflection, i think it will be a perfect phone. Plus, i won't be able to use the new nexus alongside my ipad 3 (late Christmas present from my wife) and my macbook pro as fluently with the nexus so it just makes sense.
    10-05-2011 03:44 PM
    I don't understand why everyone wants such a big screen. I had a Droid X with the 4.3, and thought it was too big. It wasn't comfortable to pocket, and drained the hell out of the battery. I was just helping a friend at work with a Thunderbolt, and I didn't miss that massive screen size at all. I think the 3.5" screen is perfect. If I need anything bigger, I have an iPad, or a MPB to use. I for one am happy with the 4S, and can't wait to actually use it.
    10-05-2011 03:52 PM
    I don't get my ipad til spring, if its released then. I like the 4in screen. The screen on this charge,though, is a bit big. Its so thin i don't have a problem with it in my pocket.
    10-05-2011 03:59 PM
    Those bigger screens look like crap though compared to the iphone's retina screen. Not sure why you'd want a crappier screen.
    10-05-2011 04:10 PM
    I am more wondering how much money was spent on making those cases that some companies manufactured based upon rumors.
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    10-05-2011 04:12 PM
    I am more wondering how much money was spent on making those cases that some companies manufactured based upon rumors.

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder now what they are going to do with all those fake iPhone 5 cases?
    10-05-2011 04:21 PM
    Those bigger screens look like crap though compared to the iphone's retina screen. Not sure why you'd want a crappier screen.
    I don't mean to insult, so don't take this the wrong way.

That statement is obviously bias. Samsung makes excellent screens, so please take that stuff to another thread.
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-05-2011 05:09 PM

That statement is obviously bias. Samsung makes excellent screens, so please take that stuff to another thread.
    have you ever looked at them next to a retina display though... theres only a few screens I have seen that look better then the retina and there smaller yet
    10-05-2011 05:19 PM
    have you ever looked at them next to a retina display though... theres only a few screens I have seen that look better then the retina and there smaller yet

Yes. I have an iPhone 4 as well. I, personally, can see no pixilation on either phone.
    10-05-2011 05:27 PM
    Yes. I have an iPhone 4 as well. I, personally, can see no pixilation on either phone.
    That's true. You just see the lack of sharpness and over saturated, blown out colors on the SAMOLED.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b7 using Tapatalk.
    10-05-2011 05:34 PM

It's not bias. The iPhone 4 has more pixels on a smaller screen, ergo a better screen.

If you can't tell the difference it's your eyes that are the problem. I can definitely tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    10-05-2011 06:07 PM
    I was upset too! The hype got me. I really wanted the 4 inch screen above all else! But like you after a night to cool down and realize that Apple never lied or told me that the screen would be larger I can see clearly and they've put together an excellent list of new features. I'm in love all over again.
    10-05-2011 06:25 PM
    Yep Yep... cooler heads have prevailed. I'll be getting the 4s for my wife and myself. Although I won't be in a big rush to get it, meaning I won't be pre-ordering or standing in line. I'll just go to AT&T or the Apple store and get it.
    10-05-2011 06:58 PM
    It's not bias. The iPhone 4 has more pixels on a smaller screen, ergo a better screen.

If you can't tell the difference it's your eyes that are the problem. I can definitely tell the difference.
    Ok, I have my reading glasses on with the iPhone and the Charge both with blacked out backgrounds. They both look great and i can see no pixels on either the icons on the iPhone or the Charge.

Ya know, there comes a point where pixel depth becomes a non issue. Once you pass a certain point, your eyes can't distinguish the difference anymore. The point i am trying to make is, the charge doesn't have a "crappy" screen just because the retina display has a slightly higher resolution. The only reason he said that is because his opinion is higher of the retina display, hence, bias.

I like both devices, although i would rather use the iPhone. That doesn't mean i'm going to trash the Charge because it's a Samsung.
    10-05-2011 07:13 PM
    Hi Friends. I'll be gettin my first iPhone when the new one releases next week. I have an ipad2 ad love it! Returned my Moto Xoom in order to get it. Anyway, I currently have an Evo 4g since release day. Many of my coworkers have iPhone 4. I must say though that the iPhone screen is day and night difference with the Evo. The iPhone looks so much better IMO. Totally looking forward to the new iPhone. I'm on sprint btw.
    10-05-2011 07:20 PM
    Ok, I have my reading glasses on with the iPhone and the Charge both with blacked out backgrounds. They both look great and i can see no pixels on either the icons on the iPhone or the Charge.

Ya know, there comes a point where pixel depth becomes a non issue. Once you pass a certain point, your eyes can't distinguish the difference anymore. The point i am trying to make is, the charge doesn't have a "crappy" screen just because the retina display has a slightly higher resolution. The only reason he said that is because his opinion is higher of the retina display, hence, bias.

I like both devices, although i would rather use the iPhone. That doesn't mean i'm going to trash the Charge because it's a Samsung.
    Yes, that point is the reason for retina display. And, Android phones have not yet reached that point. Though they will soon with the 1280x720 displays coming.
    10-05-2011 07:43 PM
    I would be getting one on launch day, except AT&T says that I am not eligible for the upgrade pricing. so I will wait till november 11th to get mine
    10-05-2011 07:47 PM
    I will admit I was let down, but now that I've a a day to think about it, I'm still going to get the i4S, the best smartphone in the world.
    10-05-2011 09:13 PM
    I don't understand why everyone wants such a big screen. I had a Droid X with the 4.3, and thought it was too big. It wasn't comfortable to pocket, and drained the hell out of the battery. I was just helping a friend at work with a Thunderbolt, and I didn't miss that massive screen size at all. I think the 3.5" screen is perfect. If I need anything bigger, I have an iPad, or a MPB to use. I for one am happy with the 4S, and can't wait to actually use it.
    i was hoping for a bigger screen. not a bigger phone. I had seen/heard rumors that the home button would go away. I was thinking the entire front glass could be the screen size.

oh well.

now that I have thought about it, It really isnt much of a surprise.

2007, iphone released. Later that year, the 2nd gen version
    2008 new design
    2009, 2nd gen version (3gs)
    2010 new design
    2011 2nd gen version

It looks like they intro a device, then intro a 2nd gen version, then intro a new design.
    10-05-2011 09:19 PM
    Hi Friends. I'll be gettin my first iPhone when the new one releases next week. I have an ipad2 ad love it! Returned my Moto Xoom in order to get it. Anyway, I currently have an Evo 4g since release day. Many of my coworkers have iPhone 4. I must say though that the iPhone screen is day and night difference with the Evo. The iPhone looks so much better IMO. Totally looking forward to the new iPhone. I'm on sprint btw.
    The EVO is old tech lol.
    10-05-2011 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD