Is anyone considering the Samsung Galaxy SII instead?

What are you considering spending YOUR money on?

• iPhone

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • Samsung Galaxy SII or Other Android

Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Mango Phones

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't want the Galaxy S II, its supposed to feel really awkward in the hand. Anyone the battery would die to fast! The screen is huge! Which is also why the iPhone's screen is perfect.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't want the Galaxy S II, its supposed to feel really awkward in the hand. Anyone the battery would die to fast! The screen is huge! Which is also why the iPhone's screen is perfect.

Actually, the battery life in the SGSII is quite good. It's comprable to the iPhone 4. Which says a lot. It lets me know that theres the technology to have a bigger screen and decent battery life with quite the powerhouse under the hood.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Actually, the battery life in the SGSII is quite good. It's comprable to the iPhone 4. Which says a lot. It lets me know that theres the technology to have a bigger screen and decent battery life with quite the powerhouse under the hood.

Errr.... In my experience, it definitely is not comparable to iPhone 4's battery.. And even if it were, it literally takes hours longer than the iPhone 4 to charge. It takes an insanely long time, even when charging from AC.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Errr.... In my experience, it definitely is not comparable to iPhone 4's battery.. And even if it were, it literally takes hours longer than the iPhone 4 to charge. It takes an insanely long time, even when charging from AC.

Hey, it's not really a blanket statement. My iPhone lasts for 1 whole day on a single charge with the amount I use it. My SGS2 did the same. I do, however, agree with the fact that the SGS2 took SOOOOOOOOOO LONG TO CHARGE.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So many factors affect battery life. If you use your phone in an area with erratic cell signals and the phone searches for a signal often, battery life will be terrible. The only way to make a true comparison would be to test the two phones in the same location doing exactly the same tasks for the same amount of time. AFAIK, no one has done that.

I think it's fair to say that the SGS2 seems to have the best battery life among top-line Android phones. So if you're partial to the Android ecosystem, it's probably as good as it gets.

I agree the most important first step is that a phone can last a full day's use without needing a recharge. I really can't imagine anyone using the latest smartphones in a semi-significant manner who doesn't recharge every night. But my Palm Pre+, for example, can't last a full day if I use it even moderately for common tasks. That stinks.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I am considering it. Telus has all their pre-orders out of stock for Iphone 5 and my BB Storm battery is almost dead now and its only been on for 7 hours with less than a dozen texts/checked emails so I gotta get a new phone. Its been a toss up between the 2 for a while now but theres no ETA on when the Iphones will be back or the release of the SGS2.

BarronN30

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I seen the Galaxy SII in person and it looks very nice but I'm not a big fan of android OS.
It is nice (I have it on my tablet) but for my phone I would prefer Apple's iOS.

timberga

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site

It feels great in the hand....while I'd prefer a 4" screen 4.3" works.....

The battery is top of the line for Android, but I still feel with my typical usage patterns its not good enough, but I think it would be great for lots of people.

The iPhone's screen is far from perfect....WAY TO SMALL....ie. like reading web pages on it.

Keep in mind I went from the iPhone (well really tons of smartphones before it) -> iPhone 3g -> 3GS -> 4.

timberga

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site

I have a feeling you haven't had even a few days experience with a US version of the GSII.

But I do agree that Samsung's charging is SLOW.

timberga

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
EEEEEH--- dead wrong. I own one.

I design apps, it's my current Android tester device.

I design the space shuttle.....wow, cool! :)

I think the batteries are comparable, but the iphone 4 battery is just flat out "better".....at least thats how I feel after using the SGSII (AT&T) for a little over a week.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2