iPhone Heating Abnormally

twizler3

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I am aware this is an early beta but I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing extreme heat from the logic board (Left Back Side Under Camera) after only 10-15 mintues of use.

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I am too..
I am a le worried about this...
Because if i just make a call of about 20sec my phone starts to heat up not that bad but it heats up.
In iOS4 it was never like this...

twizler3

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
10 Minutes of Web Browsing on iOS 5 creates the same amount of heat as an hour long phone conversation on iOS 4. I'm a little worried as to the long term affects this might have on my chipset and/or battery

chadderbox

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping this is a bug, as iOS4 beta caused some heat problems on a 3GS during testing for me. So I'm going to assume that this will be worked out and corrected in future beta's or the GM.

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
That is concerning, but I would imagine that similarly to iOS 4.X.X that the iphone will shut down or enter sleep mode or something if the device becomes too hot of course that is purely speculative as I do not have the beta

Kamilli0n

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed by phone getting a little warmer with iOS 5 betas, but not to the point I would worry. I noticed this on many Android phones with OS betas too.