I Don't Know What I'm Doing Wrong...

lucythezombie

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am following your guide to restore my iPhone 4 from the IOS 7 beta to the IOS 6.1.3 again. The only problem is I am stuck on the part of the firmware. The firmware, when I download it from your site, it becomes a zipped file. I extracted the files, but I don't know what I am supposed to do, since when I try to restore the phone, it is opening up a lot of folders inside the folder. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, but when I download the ipsw, it becomes a compressed zipped file and I don't know what to do after that

You need to use an uncompress utility (7Zip is a good one) to extract the .ipsw file from the .zip file. Then proceed to install the .ipsw file. The original file is compressed to speed up the download (by making the file smaller in size).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You need to use an uncompress utility (7Zip is a good one) to extract the .ipsw file from the .zip file. Then proceed to install the .ipsw file. The original file is compressed to speed up the download (by making the file smaller in size).
Thanks Fausty82. My mind was on something else and totally disregarded the obvious....smh