Contact Sync coming from BB

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I used google sync to transfer my contacts from my BB to my iphone after reading a recommendation to use it when switching platforms. What I didn't realize, however, was that its only an app on BB. The iphone uses the exchange email to transfer the contacts in from google. I have no intention of using the gmail account I had to create to use google sync, but I can't figure out how to keep my contacts from being erased if I delete the exchange email account from gmail.

Is there a way to save all my contacts to my iphone, and the delete the gmail account? Or am I going to have to give up on it and manually enter all my contacts?

I wasn't sure if this was the right forum, or the app forum, but I chose this one because on iPhone google sync technically isn't an app. Sorry in advance if the thread needs to be moved.

Thanks

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Once you add the contacts to the iPhone, they will stay even if you remove the gmail account. You could always leave it on but go into mail setting and tell it only to sync contacts on that account.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried deleting the account 3 times now. Every time I delete the gmail account from my phone the contacts all disappear

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sync your contacts using google in iTunes under the contacts tab in iTunes put in your info and sync this will import your contacts to your phone just remember to remove the exchange account first.

This will only load them and does not sync to keep the contacts up to date like exchange does. If you make changes on your phone they will not go to gmail

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

adicktuz

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm new here. Anyway this happened to me as well.

I downloaded the app Google Sync on my BlackBerry before, synced my contacts. And retrieved it from my GMail on the iPhone. And noticed that all my contacts are on Exchange and Google said that these contacts will only be available for 4 weeks? (is that true)

So what I did was, synced my iPhone on iTunes, turned off the contacts option on Exchange and suddenly all my contacts appeared on my phone without any groups like, From My Mac, From Exchange group contacts.

But problem is, I can't figure how to let it work on my girl's iPhone, I'm not sure if syncing her iPhone on my iTunes is a good idea. Last time I did, she had my contacts on her phone.

Is there any other way to transfer contacts from Blackberry to an iPhone other than Google Sync. Or is it possible to have 2 iPhones synced on 1 Mac/iTunes?

I'm kinda stuck. I wanna move all her contacts from exchange to iPhone's contacts.

Thank you so much. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77