Android to iOS...

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
What's the error?

error 3159. i looked into TU and pointed servers away from cydia. cuz this phone was jailbroken. i think it was an untethered JB. the phone wont boot back up. i cant find a redsnow download anywhere to try and boot it up. Peligro911 has been helping me. ive deleted my antivirus and turned off all of windows firewalls. the guy that i got the phone from mentioned that it wouldnt boot because it wasnt able to find springboard. does that help? i really appreciate all of your help. i do need a working phone by tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I Think iOS5 is better Android 4.0.

well ill be soon to find out...looks like peligro911s advice is kickin in and im now restoring. i had to directly hook up to the modem and bypass the router. thanks again peligro. DANGER DANGER!!! now i can enjoy the newest apple of my eye. you guys are all awesome. excellent community:D

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
well ill be soon to find out...looks like peligro911s advice is kickin in and im now restoring. i had to directly hook up to the modem and bypass the router. thanks again peligro. DANGER DANGER!!! now i can enjoy the newest apple of my eye. you guys are all awesome. excellent community:D

Glad you two were able to figure it out. Enjoy your iPhone!

elwea

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
The best change you have made, had the nexus one 2 month ago and now can't be updated to ICS 4.0 :-(

Now i have the iPhone 4 and I think it's the best phone clear after the Iphone 4S

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a Droid X for about a year, went through 4 of them. Then they swapped me to a Droid X2 which I went through 3 of them. I had a friend that wanted to go from an iPhone back to a droid so we traded straight across for his 16gb iPhone 4. He has since sold the Droid X2 and got another iPhone lol. I did love the droid, when it worked...the thing w/ the iPhone I LOVE is that it is SO stable. No freezing up, no rebooting, always fast and works when I need it to. I won't go back to Android.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Damn right!

Funny thing about that straight trade situation. I ended up finding a guy on Craigslist that traded iphone4+$100 for my bionic. Good deal.
I love this thing. I don't think I'd go back to android either. The phones go obsolete so quickly. One iPhone comes out and stays stable. I hope the iphone5 has a bigger screen. The screen size doesn't bother me at all. Battery life is great.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I had a Droid X for about a year, went through 4 of them. Then they swapped me to a Droid X2 which I went through 3 of them. I had a friend that wanted to go from an iPhone back to a droid so we traded straight across for his 16gb iPhone 4. He has since sold the Droid X2 and got another iPhone lol. I did love the droid, when it worked...the thing w/ the iPhone I LOVE is that it is SO stable. No freezing up, no rebooting, always fast and works when I need it to. I won't go back to Android.

Oh don't even start me with those darn droidXs. I had one and my wife had one too. We must have went through 10 replacements between the two of us. It's was a POS.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The best change you have made, had the nexus one 2 month ago and now can't be updated to ICS 4.0 :-(

Now i have the iPhone 4 and I think it's the best phone clear after the Iphone 4S

Well in defense of the Nexus one it is a year and a half old phone..

I returned my 4s due to a bad screen, i have decided to save my upgrade for the 5.

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a Droid DX2 to an iPhone 4s. I'm glad I did so. The only drawbacks are:
- Nav is not as good
-Many apps do not upgrade in the background (Pulse, weather apps etc)

Although the 4s screen is smaller, it is much less pixelated, so it is actually easier to read
iOS is much more stable than Android
iOS actually gets updates. With Android, you can only hope your phone does not get abandoned my the carrier/mnfg

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Android is fast. No doubt there. Since I've been an android user there have been os updates pushed out that we're "supposed" to be better than the previous. No matter which flavor it was... It always had bugs and problems here an there. Google never seemed to perfect an operating to be as stable and reliable than iOS. Since I've made the transition I've been extremely happy. All apps work. No freezing. I dont have to root or jailbreak my device to "make" it perform for me. IOS is just solid and stable. Im gonna say that I do miss some of the customization. iOS has a lot of white and blue. Which isn't a problem but I'm a black it out type guy. Resolution and response is so fast... It really doesn't bother me. Id rather have a good reliable device over one that "looks" good.

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I still can't convert my wife to apple. She loves her Evo 3d. But tw Evo series really never let me down besides battery life. I still believe the best androids were Motorola.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Android is fast. No doubt there. Since I've been an android user there have been os updates pushed out that we're "supposed" to be better than the previous. No matter which flavor it was... It always had bugs and problems here an there. Google never seemed to perfect an operating to be as stable and reliable than iOS. Since I've made the transition I've been extremely happy. All apps work. No freezing. I dont have to root or jailbreak my device to "make" it perform for me. IOS is just solid and stable. Im gonna say that I do miss some of the customization. iOS has a lot of white and blue. Which isn't a problem but I'm a black it out type guy. Resolution and response is so fast... It really doesn't bother me. Id rather have a good reliable device over one that "looks" good.

I love iOS but it is true that android has quite a bit more customization then ios. However I don't really care if I customize my phone or not so it's not a huge loss to me!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Funny, I still can't convert my wife to apple. She loves her Evo 3d. But tw Evo series really never let me down besides battery life. I still believe the best androids were Motorola.

There's been a couple really good htc android phones keep in mind Motorola has also had a few flops think Motorola backflip

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone here switched from android to iOS?
Yup. I have. Many others have as well.

Is the trade worth it?
Depends on who you ask. You should specify what you need/want if you want suggestions that are relevant to you. There are pros and cons on both sides of the fence and not everyone agrees on which offers the best balance despite what the fanboys on both sides claim.

Contact transfer? Everything is stored under my gmail account.
No need to transfer. Set up your gmail account via ActiveSync ("as Exchange" is how it's commonly referred to on iOS forums).

I switched from a Droid DX2 to an iPhone 4s. I'm glad I did so. The only drawbacks are:
- Nav is not as good
There is no stock nav app in iOS, just a maps app. On both platforms there are plenty of good nav apps to choose from.

Last edited:

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I made the jump from android to ios. Not looking back either. There's too much that I like. Plus I've got an ipad2 so apps transfer to both platforms. Battery life is excellent too. Unplugged at 7am and its almost 8pm right now and I'm at 65%. That's a massive selling point for me.

vangordernick

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
There's been a couple really good htc android phones keep in mind Motorola has also had a few flops think Motorola backflip

I loved my moto photon, only problem is that when the speaker went after only 27 days, I figured I'd grab an iPhone, since it just came onto sprint anyhow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711