Take the straight trade. Next year you'll still be able to update the iPhone 4 to iOS 6, and you won't even be able to update the Bionic next month.
    Damn right!
    10-28-2011 03:41 AM
    The best change you have made, had the nexus one 2 month ago and now can't be updated to ICS 4.0 :-(

Now i have the iPhone 4 and I think it's the best phone clear after the Iphone 4S
    10-28-2011 04:41 PM
    I had a Droid X for about a year, went through 4 of them. Then they swapped me to a Droid X2 which I went through 3 of them. I had a friend that wanted to go from an iPhone back to a droid so we traded straight across for his 16gb iPhone 4. He has since sold the Droid X2 and got another iPhone lol. I did love the droid, when it worked...the thing w/ the iPhone I LOVE is that it is SO stable. No freezing up, no rebooting, always fast and works when I need it to. I won't go back to Android.
    10-28-2011 06:01 PM
    Damn right!
    Funny thing about that straight trade situation. I ended up finding a guy on Craigslist that traded iphone4+$100 for my bionic. Good deal.
    I love this thing. I don't think I'd go back to android either. The phones go obsolete so quickly. One iPhone comes out and stays stable. I hope the iphone5 has a bigger screen. The screen size doesn't bother me at all. Battery life is great.
    10-28-2011 06:18 PM
    I had a Droid X for about a year, went through 4 of them. Then they swapped me to a Droid X2 which I went through 3 of them. I had a friend that wanted to go from an iPhone back to a droid so we traded straight across for his 16gb iPhone 4. He has since sold the Droid X2 and got another iPhone lol. I did love the droid, when it worked...the thing w/ the iPhone I LOVE is that it is SO stable. No freezing up, no rebooting, always fast and works when I need it to. I won't go back to Android.
    Oh don't even start me with those darn droidXs. I had one and my wife had one too. We must have went through 10 replacements between the two of us. It's was a POS.
    10-28-2011 06:20 PM
    The best change you have made, had the nexus one 2 month ago and now can't be updated to ICS 4.0 :-(

Now i have the iPhone 4 and I think it's the best phone clear after the Iphone 4S
    Well in defense of the Nexus one it is a year and a half old phone..

I returned my 4s due to a bad screen, i have decided to save my upgrade for the 5.
    10-29-2011 03:14 AM
    The iPhone 4 is almost a year and a half old.
    10-29-2011 08:34 AM
    I switched from a Droid DX2 to an iPhone 4s. I'm glad I did so. The only drawbacks are:
    - Nav is not as good
    -Many apps do not upgrade in the background (Pulse, weather apps etc)

Although the 4s screen is smaller, it is much less pixelated, so it is actually easier to read
    iOS is much more stable than Android
    iOS actually gets updates. With Android, you can only hope your phone does not get abandoned my the carrier/mnfg

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    10-29-2011 10:42 AM
    Android is fast. No doubt there. Since I've been an android user there have been os updates pushed out that we're "supposed" to be better than the previous. No matter which flavor it was... It always had bugs and problems here an there. Google never seemed to perfect an operating to be as stable and reliable than iOS. Since I've made the transition I've been extremely happy. All apps work. No freezing. I dont have to root or jailbreak my device to "make" it perform for me. IOS is just solid and stable. Im gonna say that I do miss some of the customization. iOS has a lot of white and blue. Which isn't a problem but I'm a black it out type guy. Resolution and response is so fast... It really doesn't bother me. Id rather have a good reliable device over one that "looks" good.
    10-29-2011 12:39 PM
    Funny, I still can't convert my wife to apple. She loves her Evo 3d. But tw Evo series really never let me down besides battery life. I still believe the best androids were Motorola.
    10-29-2011 02:42 PM
    Android is fast. No doubt there. Since I've been an android user there have been os updates pushed out that we're "supposed" to be better than the previous. No matter which flavor it was... It always had bugs and problems here an there. Google never seemed to perfect an operating to be as stable and reliable than iOS. Since I've made the transition I've been extremely happy. All apps work. No freezing. I dont have to root or jailbreak my device to "make" it perform for me. IOS is just solid and stable. Im gonna say that I do miss some of the customization. iOS has a lot of white and blue. Which isn't a problem but I'm a black it out type guy. Resolution and response is so fast... It really doesn't bother me. Id rather have a good reliable device over one that "looks" good.
    I love iOS but it is true that android has quite a bit more customization then ios. However I don't really care if I customize my phone or not so it's not a huge loss to me!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    10-29-2011 02:46 PM
    Funny, I still can't convert my wife to apple. She loves her Evo 3d. But tw Evo series really never let me down besides battery life. I still believe the best androids were Motorola.
    There's been a couple really good htc android phones keep in mind Motorola has also had a few flops think Motorola backflip

10-29-2011 02:47 PM
    Has anyone here switched from android to iOS?
    Yup. I have. Many others have as well.

Is the trade worth it?
    Depends on who you ask. You should specify what you need/want if you want suggestions that are relevant to you. There are pros and cons on both sides of the fence and not everyone agrees on which offers the best balance despite what the fanboys on both sides claim.

Contact transfer? Everything is stored under my gmail account.
    No need to transfer. Set up your gmail account via ActiveSync ("as Exchange" is how it's commonly referred to on iOS forums).

I switched from a Droid DX2 to an iPhone 4s. I'm glad I did so. The only drawbacks are:
    - Nav is not as good
    There is no stock nav app in iOS, just a maps app. On both platforms there are plenty of good nav apps to choose from.
    Last edited by briareus; 10-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    10-29-2011 10:35 PM
    I made the jump from android to ios. Not looking back either. There's too much that I like. Plus I've got an ipad2 so apps transfer to both platforms. Battery life is excellent too. Unplugged at 7am and its almost 8pm right now and I'm at 65%. That's a massive selling point for me.
    10-29-2011 10:45 PM
    There's been a couple really good htc android phones keep in mind Motorola has also had a few flops think Motorola backflip

I loved my moto photon, only problem is that when the speaker went after only 27 days, I figured I'd grab an iPhone, since it just came onto sprint anyhow.
    10-30-2011 08:14 AM

Htc was always my favorite although the battery life was just horrendous. Motos were good too. Other than the droidX of course. Just a personal opinion.
    10-30-2011 11:20 AM
    I switched from android to iPhone. There are certain things I miss with android but I'm happy with the iPhone and how stable it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 12:58 PM
    I switched from android to iPhone. There are certain things I miss with android but I'm happy with the iPhone and how stable it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah, same here but there are so many instabilities that i noticed with android compared to ios. im not bashing android, its a powerful platform. im really enjoying my iphone. im excited to see what gets released after the 4s
    10-30-2011 09:36 PM
    I think I could use that on my soon to be purchased iPhone...
    ------------------------------------
    y8girlsgames.com
    10-31-2011 05:11 AM
    I traded my Thundebolt for my current iPhone 4. It's definitely a huge change as far as the Apple ecosystem and so far I've liked it. Each platform has their own strong points that I miss fro Android, but once there's a untethered jailbreak it will make this phone a lot better.
    10-31-2011 10:24 AM
    I went from Droid Bionic to iP4 last week. My bionic, while fast with a warehouse of memory and lots of apps and stuff, the phone would drop data link and I would have to pull battery more than I did with blackberry. Was horrible. Several hard resets, help tickets, etc, and I jumped to iphone after hearing people rave... I will never go without iphone again. Stable, fast (okay not the 4G kind of fast but between apps, etc its awesome) smaller, better interface, etc. LOve it.
    11-01-2011 06:30 PM
    I'm right there with ya. I love my iPhone. Never had one to play with but now I'm super happy I made the jump. The apps are so much better and they actually work.
    11-01-2011 06:43 PM
    So I swapped my iPhone 4 32gb for a Bionic last Friday. I bought a used iPhone 4 32gb on eBay on Sunday! Worst decision I ever made was swapping out my iPhone, although it was a learning experience.

I used Android for over a year before going to iOS and I loved it, but always felt like I missed Android. Now that I've gone back to Android for a few days, I can honestly say I don't miss a dam thing about Android. I can't wait to get my iPhone again. It's just so stable and reliable. The screen is beautiful. It's the perfect device for me, and the fact that everything is unified really helps with my OCD.

I don't care if I can add widgets to Android, especially when my phone is dead by the time I get off work. And yes 4G is AWESOME for downloading and surfing the internet, but it sucks the ever loving hell out of the battery and is pretty much useless for anything else. Not like I get my emails before they've actually been sent or anything.

I can tell you right now, until an Android phone poops out golden eggs for me, I'm sticking to iPhones.
    11-02-2011 11:36 AM
    4g is a battery sucker. It's ok but 3G is perfectly fine for me. I used to be an android faithful but get increasingly sick of phones being obsolete within matter of a month. I'm right there with you Wildo. I never really use widgets anyways for the fact that drained your battery even more. I can go on a single charge on my iPhone for over a day and still have juice for the next. The screen size doesn't bother me. The resolution is so sharp. Reliability is nice too.
    11-04-2011 03:30 PM
    4g is a battery sucker. It's ok but 3G is perfectly fine for me. I used to be an android faithful but get increasingly sick of phones being obsolete within matter of a month. I'm right there with you Wildo. I never really use widgets anyways for the fact that drained your battery even more. I can go on a single charge on my iPhone for over a day and still have juice for the next. The screen size doesn't bother me. The resolution is so sharp. Reliability is nice too.
    Exactly. The battery life is so awful that it renders the phone practically useless. I just had to swap out my battery at 3:30 pm CST after it was off the charger at 8:00 am. I had a few phone calls and quite a few texts, but that is incredibly pathetic...it was at 10% in 7.5 hours. People also tend to forget that the only thing 4G is good for is surfing the web and downloading apps - it's pointless for anything else - besides mindlessly using your battery.

I can have all of the stuff I have on Android (for the most part) in a reliable phone that lasts over a day. It's a no brainer for me anymore. And don't even get me started going from the beautiful screen of an iPhone to the pixelated screen of a Bionic.

I was even looking at Android tablets, but I'm almost turned off of those now. Thinking I'm going to test out the Fire and if it doesn't work for me, I'm going iPad.
    11-04-2011 05:32 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD