No auto answer??

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
The Iphone has no Auto answer? Are you kidding me? I have an old LG ENV that has auto answer from back in the stone ages.
Sure this phone can do it all but answer itself? Nope! Not sure why Apple left that out. And the only way to get AA is to Jailbreak...
Not so smart afterall I guess..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess I never understood the need for an auto answer feature... but regardless, it is not there in the current version of iOS. Perhaps there is a jailbreak solution... but to answer your question, NO, no one is kidding you. It's not there. :rolleyes:

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess I never really needed it till I bought a motorcycle. Would come in handy in that situation. I am sure there are many more individual reasons why someone would want it. For me that's mine.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If the iPhone did everything there wouldn't be a need to jailbreak it or even more there would be no need for any other type of smartphone. iPhone is the top smart phone right now, if you don't believe me buy a Thunderbolt or one of those and have fun scrambling for an outlet after 6 hours.

Jailbreaking isn't that hard, if you need auto answer that much just jailbreak it and do that.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Noting worse than being auto-answered by someone who can't hear you because his phone is in his pocket, or he's driving at 70 mph down the interstate with the wind blowing in his ears.

Yea...auto-answer is a necessity.

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It's called common sense and technology Alli. If my phone is in my pocket or I am in a situation where I don't NEED the auto answer, I "disable" it. ( Common sense ). Helmet laws and a really cool thing called an inline mic that fits right into the helmet make the converstation sound as if I am sitting at home reading a book. ( Technology ). They generally go hand in hand.

For some I guess that's just to much to grasp..

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It's called common sense and technology Alli. If my phone is in my pocket or I am in a situation where I don't NEED the auto answer, I "disable" it. ( Common sense ). Helmet laws and a really cool thing called an inline mic that fits right into the helmet make the converstation sound as if I am sitting at home reading a book. ( Technology ). They generally go hand in hand.

Take a look around the forums and let me know how much common sense you observe.

Helvitis

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

I love Apple and have a iPhone myself, however, there are those who because they see no need for a particular function or feature disparage others because the Almighty Lord Jobs saw no need to incorporate it into his creation. This is the iSheep malady that so many suffer from.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Whoa, why did we all of a sudden pull out the "I am tougher on the internet" nonsense?

Can't we all just be respectful?

If this person has an issue with their being no auto-answer, then let them!
Please don't be rude, or childish just because someone has an issue with a phone.
It's just a phone, sold by the company who makes billions.

Really, lets act childish over this.

Last edited:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I love Apple and have a iPhone myself, however, there are those who because they see no need for a particular function or feature disparage others because the Almighty Lord Jobs saw no need to incorporate it into his creation. This is the iSheep malady that so many suffer from.

From our perspective it looks like the OP just ran out, bought the iPhone, found it doesn't do something you want, and then came here to cry about it. Same scenario I (and others here) have seen thousands of times now.

If you are here you likely know more than the average person about phones. You likely know the features of most models off hand or know a rough estimate of how different models compare.

I don't know about most people but when I buy something I normally come up with a few things that are deal breakers. If feature Z is missing I move on to the next product. Apparently auto reply was important to the OP. But he failed to check and instead of looking for ways to get that feature he came and cried about it here.

Back to my first statement, after years now we see these threads all the time. Do a search and see how many threads come up asking why the iPhone didn't have copy/paste in 2007 when someone's 3 year old Treo could do it. My Razr had ring profiles and an LED, I am fully aware the iPhone has neither of them. This thread is the same as the thousands of others here on this very forum, it's old and boring.

I don't order a cheese pizza and then complain it doesn't have pepperoni on it when the delivery guy shows up at my door. Buy a phone that meets your needs next time, please.

Thank you.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bubkijo10