Back and Forth

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been debated before and I'm merely trying to put my own thoughts in print. I've went from having a Jailbroken iPhone 4 to stock/pure way too many times.

When I first JB the phone I was nearly overwhelmed by the customization and added features that I could install. Once that wore off I still loved things like SBSettings, Lockinfo, better notifications, BiteSMS etc.

Every once in a while, I'll notice some stuttering, when scrolling, or a frozen phone that will not respond. Conincedently, these things have only happened while jailbroken. I know it probably isn't due to the jb that these things fave happened, but I always wonder...

So I just finished restoring for (hopefully) the last time, lol. I know I will miss a lot of the features mentioned above. I not knocking JB in any way, and truthfully, I'll probably JB again. I'm sure I will miss it too much.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm with you on the going back & forth. there are a lot of things i enjoy about being jailbroken but whenever i am pure i also enjoy the fact that i did not have to worry about the imperfections (when/if they did occur)

currently i am on iOS 5 (b2) and have to say i am pretty impressed with it so far and it is only in the beta stages! (of course). as everyone knows iOS 5 has introduced a lot of JB tweaks, that i personally used when jailbroken. so it's nice to them incorporated into a native iOS style

i am pretty sure that i will jailbreak iOS 5 when an untethered is available but if there are issues that come with it i will have to rethink the idea. i feel like the longer i stay pure the harder it will be for me to compromise the system again, if that ends up being the situation

as of right now, i would rather deal with a slightly buggy iOS 5 than a stable 4.3.3

if i had to pick one JB tweak i miss the most it would probably be biteSMS, but even as of late i am getting used to the native SMS

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
if i had to pick one JB tweak i miss the most it would probably be biteSMS, but even as of late i am getting used to the native SMS

Same here!! I'm running 5.0 (b2) as well, and I came from 4.2.1 JB .. The only things I truly miss are BiteSMS and SBSettings .. Everything else is good for me.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Definitely. At the moment its switching between 4.3.3 jailbroken and 5 beta version jailbroken.

Lucky it's an easy downgrade process.

Like to try the new features then go back to stability as it's my daily driver.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep, if anything gets me to re-jailbreak this time it will be BiteSMS. I also am a big fan of SBSettings but it finally occured to me that I almost never use the toggles anyway. (always leave 3g and wifi turned on) Use to get a lot of use out of the remove background toggle, but honestly I always closed apps almost immediately prior to jailbreaking. My previous BB's burned that trait into me...

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had a couple of "stutters" while scrolling but no lock-ups. Maybe one of your apps is causing the lock-ups. When I had my black iP4 JB, I downloaded one app that send the phone into tithers. I think it was the app where you can sync your itunes over wi-fi. Anyway, I've avoided that one since I JB my white iP4 and haven't had any issues (other than the rare stutter on scrolling). I have been having a lot of issues with my Pandora cutting out frequenlty but thats compared to my black iP4 which never dropped Pandora, even while transitioning from 3G to edge or visa versa. I'm not convinced thats a JB issue. I think its a difference in the phone. My Pandora has never been as good on this white one, even before JB, which makes no sense to me whatsoever because they are the exact same phone other than the color. I have no answer for that one. I love the look of the white phone but I wish I would have stuck with my black one for that reason.

I don't think I can go back to stock because I get to bored looking at the same screen all the time so I have to switch up the theme, font, etc periodically. I especially love the HTC weather widget lockscreen with the moving clouds, etc.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I almost made it 24 hours lol. JB again this morning. Just can't pass up knowing the potential these devices have. If I can just keep my OCD in check, I'll be fine.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if you were going Pure with 4.3.3 or 4.2.8, i don't blame you for jailbreaking again

..wait until you get your hands on iOS 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2