are the prices going to go down on the first iphone?? i want an iphone but i cant pay for that 50 a month data and txting for the iphone 3G and then theres the minutes... ok so here is my question Can i get a first gen. iphone with JUST the 20$ a month data plan and are prices of the first gen. iphone going to go down on ebay and craigslist?
    07-29-2011 02:46 AM
    Went ahead and purchased a few things...

Angry Birds*
    Siege Hero
    GPS Drive
    Fruit Ninja*
    Zombie GS
    Plants v Zombies*

*= already owned on Android
    07-29-2011 12:25 PM
    I'm finally warming up to my iPhone 4 a little more each day. I do REALLY miss my ability to have profiles like my old BB and on my Droid X. I'm getting over that somewhat, but hopefully someone will eventually have an app or apple will decide to include the function. I'm missing my notification setup from android, but iOS5 will fix most of that for me. The indicator LED would be a great addition on the next iPhone, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I miss my widgets a little, but I'm getting used to not having them. There are things I miss and no one device I've found is perfect, but for the things I miss I'm really enjoying not having to reboot or battery pull my device. The simple functionality is nice. As Jobs says it just works.
    07-29-2011 01:31 PM
    I haven't been on a BB in a while but I'll try to help/respond.

You WILL miss profiles if you use them now.

You can't change text notifications to anything other than what is stock on the phone. You can change ringtones to your own after loading them to the phone. You can also give individuals their own ringtones.

BBM you will obviously lose this. I remember that being a bit painful when I left BB. But when iOS 5 releases in September (hopefully) it will have its own version of BBM that can be used across all iOS devices and I think Mac OS as well (don't hold me to the mac OS). With the iPhone being on AT&T and Verizon, and the list of devices including the iPod Touch and iPad, this could be huge. There are IM apps you can get if you need something more than texting.

I switched from BB to Android, and Android to iPhone. I got fed up with the BB (Storm 2) and having to do battery pulls with 15 minute reboots. The Android was SUCH a nice upgrade. I mean imagine a web browser you can REALLY surf the internet with, on your phone!

However Android has its share of issues, too. It's really getting fragmented and my Droid X was having serious issues with suddenly not being able to dial out or send a text message (which always required a reboot). I got fed up and said I just want something that WORKS.

And so I got an iPhone. And it does JUST WORK. I have not had to do a reboot since I got it 3 weeks ago (though I did do one other day just because).

I feel I might have lost some functionality moving from Android to iPhone but I can live with it. However I think moving from a BB to an iPhone...well I think you'll love it. Everything just works. It's a solid device.

The iPhone is also very well supported from a developer/app perspective, and it's also well supported from an accessory perspective. I mean they are coming out with blood pressure cuffs and stuff to use with the iPhone!

Very well put, completely agree.
    08-06-2011 07:16 AM
    agreed. not my first iphone, but i love the phone itself. carrier is another discussion all together
    08-06-2011 11:08 PM
    I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 or whatever the next iteration is being called, I'll be coming over from android. The horrible Thundebolt to be exact. Can't wait to have a phone where the battery lasts
    08-09-2011 04:53 AM
    Hey, I came from a blackberry bold 9650 (I was also known as Seven.07 on crackberry and @rystnet on twitter. I no longer have a twitter account, but do lurk on the Internet. This is my first iPhone as well.

Hey @Garz!! Dont know if you remember me (@RystNET)
    08-13-2011 12:41 AM
    I also came from a bb as my first "smart phone " I also still am or was a member of crack berry that's how I found my way here actually ...
    I pretty much know bb in and out leaked upgrades etc .. Things I miss
    Profiles ... Bbm and some of the email functionality like opening a new email and being able to browse and attach pics or doc or multiple pics. But I don't miss it enough to ever go back lol since getting my iPhone 4 in feb on Verizon launch day I have become a apple addict I converted my wife to a iPhone 4 after she was about to throw her droid x I got apple tv and even a iPad and also my 4 year old a 32gig iPod touch 4g ! Like others have said it's well supported it just works and the uses are endless. Unlock your car ... Blood pressure .. Heart rate .. Check engine light reader .. I'm sure you get the picture .. My only and I mean only annoyance with my iPhone is receiving a text while on a call why can't they make a option to not make a sound or vibrate while on a call ?? I hope this is addressed .. Everything else I have adjusted too and dealt with. I mean being able to FaceTime your family hours away is priceless!! Welcome !!!
    08-13-2011 02:19 AM
    I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 or whatever the next iteration is being called, I'll be coming over from android. The horrible Thundebolt to be exact. Can't wait to have a phone where the battery lasts
    Hi all! I am a new poster on this site. I have a BB Storm 1 and am sick of BB not getting thier crap together! I am seriously considering moving to Iphone.

Will the iPhone5 come to VZW? Will it be 4G LTE? I too have many questions.

Also, if/when I make the move, I will sell my 5 month old Playbook and move to the ipad2 as well.

Thanks!
    08-13-2011 12:21 PM
    IPhone 5 won't be launching with LTE but I hear iPhone 6 will

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    08-13-2011 03:35 PM
    IPhone 5 won't be launching with LTE but I hear iPhone 6 will

---
    But will it come to vzw? Or are we not sure at this point?
    08-13-2011 07:04 PM
    I think it would. I believe the iPhone 5 already has dual GSM/CDMA... So same device for both carriers.

---
    08-14-2011 10:55 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD