First iphone

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to go through 2-3 phones a year as none really did it for me so to speak. But ever since the iPhone came out its the only phone I have wanted. I still find it strange that I don't even have the slightest urge to swap to another phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I came to iPhone4 from Palm Pre (on Sprint for 2 years). I truly enjoyed WebOS and miss it, but with no new hardware to upgrade to, I had to make a change. Before leaving Sprint, I had ordered an overclocked, rooted Samsung Epic 4G on eBay. While waiting on it to be delivered, our family decided to switch to Verizon. Everyone (5 of us) wanted the iPhone4 except me. I figured I'd go with an Android model. After receiving the Samsung Epic 4G (that I wasn't going to use, since we were switching carriers), I turned it on and ran it. Although it ran very smooth and very fast, I have to say that I wasn't as impressed with it as much as I was from playing with the iPhone4 at Verizon's store, so I got the iPhone4 too. Have been using it for about 4 weeks now, and I am very pleased with the functionality of the iPhone4. Although WebOS has a very special place in my heart, I will be using this phone for the next 1 1/2 - 2 years.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
First iPhone here too (the 4 of course). I too was BB (tour)> Android (fascinate) > iPhone 4. I'm learning about the device, etc. I do miss the customizable aspect of my Fascinate for sure. I'm still coming to grips in that respect. So far, once I got all the activation stuff done properly, the phone works. I've not had any issues, but have only had it for a few days, and I don't expect that reliability to change as time goes by. I'm here straight from Android Center (sister site).... looking forward to learning more and more about the iPhone.

One thing that does suck, is that I'm going to have to start buying apps all over again after spending a decent amount on apps for my Fascinate. :(

Arya Shreya

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
are the prices going to go down on the first iphone?? i want an iphone but i cant pay for that 50 a month data and txting for the iphone 3G and then theres the minutes... ok so here is my question Can i get a first gen. iphone with JUST the 20$ a month data plan and are prices of the first gen. iphone going to go down on ebay and craigslist?

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Went ahead and purchased a few things...

Angry Birds*
Siege Hero
GPS Drive
Fruit Ninja*
Zombie GS
Plants v Zombies*

*= already owned on Android

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally warming up to my iPhone 4 a little more each day. I do REALLY miss my ability to have profiles like my old BB and on my Droid X. I'm getting over that somewhat, but hopefully someone will eventually have an app or apple will decide to include the function. I'm missing my notification setup from android, but iOS5 will fix most of that for me. The indicator LED would be a great addition on the next iPhone, but it's not a deal breaker for me. I miss my widgets a little, but I'm getting used to not having them. There are things I miss and no one device I've found is perfect, but for the things I miss I'm really enjoying not having to reboot or battery pull my device. The simple functionality is nice. As Jobs says it just works.

Luzabeth

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been on a BB in a while but I'll try to help/respond.

You WILL miss profiles if you use them now.

You can't change text notifications to anything other than what is stock on the phone. You can change ringtones to your own after loading them to the phone. You can also give individuals their own ringtones.

BBM you will obviously lose this. I remember that being a bit painful when I left BB. But when iOS 5 releases in September (hopefully) it will have its own version of BBM that can be used across all iOS devices and I think Mac OS as well (don't hold me to the mac OS). With the iPhone being on AT&T and Verizon, and the list of devices including the iPod Touch and iPad, this could be huge. There are IM apps you can get if you need something more than texting.

I switched from BB to Android, and Android to iPhone. I got fed up with the BB (Storm 2) and having to do battery pulls with 15 minute reboots. The Android was SUCH a nice upgrade. I mean imagine a web browser you can REALLY surf the internet with, on your phone!

However Android has its share of issues, too. It's really getting fragmented and my Droid X was having serious issues with suddenly not being able to dial out or send a text message (which always required a reboot). I got fed up and said I just want something that WORKS.

And so I got an iPhone. And it does JUST WORK. I have not had to do a reboot since I got it 3 weeks ago (though I did do one other day just because).

I feel I might have lost some functionality moving from Android to iPhone but I can live with it. However I think moving from a BB to an iPhone...well I think you'll love it. Everything just works. It's a solid device.

The iPhone is also very well supported from a developer/app perspective, and it's also well supported from an accessory perspective. I mean they are coming out with blood pressure cuffs and stuff to use with the iPhone!

Very well put, completely agree.

Hawk142

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 or whatever the next iteration is being called, I'll be coming over from android. The horrible Thundebolt to be exact. Can't wait to have a phone where the battery lasts

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I came from a blackberry bold 9650 (I was also known as Seven.07 on crackberry and @rystnet on twitter. I no longer have a twitter account, but do lurk on the Internet. This is my first iPhone as well. ;)

Hey @Garz!! Dont know if you remember me (@RystNET)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I also came from a bb as my first "smart phone " I also still am or was a member of crack berry that's how I found my way here actually ...
I pretty much know bb in and out leaked upgrades etc .. Things I miss
Profiles ... Bbm and some of the email functionality like opening a new email and being able to browse and attach pics or doc or multiple pics. But I don't miss it enough to ever go back lol since getting my iPhone 4 in feb on Verizon launch day I have become a apple addict I converted my wife to a iPhone 4 after she was about to throw her droid x I got apple tv and even a iPad and also my 4 year old a 32gig iPod touch 4g ! Like others have said it's well supported it just works and the uses are endless. Unlock your car ... Blood pressure .. Heart rate .. Check engine light reader .. I'm sure you get the picture .. My only and I mean only annoyance with my iPhone is receiving a text while on a call why can't they make a option to not make a sound or vibrate while on a call ?? I hope this is addressed .. Everything else I have adjusted too and dealt with. I mean being able to FaceTime your family hours away is priceless!! Welcome !!!

lefty6string

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 or whatever the next iteration is being called, I'll be coming over from android. The horrible Thundebolt to be exact. Can't wait to have a phone where the battery lasts

Hi all! I am a new poster on this site. I have a BB Storm 1 and am sick of BB not getting thier crap together! I am seriously considering moving to Iphone.

Will the iPhone5 come to VZW? Will it be 4G LTE? I too have many questions.

Also, if/when I make the move, I will sell my 5 month old Playbook and move to the ipad2 as well.

Thanks!

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I think it would. I believe the iPhone 5 already has dual GSM/CDMA... So same device for both carriers.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77