Problem Upgrading to 4.3.3

jrpierce

May 29, 2009
Visit site
So last night I decided to go back to team pure for a while and see if I could stay that way until OS5 came out. However, the first time I tried upgrading it to 4.3.3, the loading bar on the iphone got to about 60% and stayed there. At the same time the loading bar on itunes was at about 97% and said "installing iphone software."
I tried new usb ports, restarting the computer, etc. and I did this about 5 different times with the same results.

At this point I'm just going to take it into the apple store in my hometown, but I am curious because it has been stuck in restore mode since the first try at updating. If this is the case, will they be able to tell I had it jailbroken and thus void my warranty?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
If it's really "stuck" in restore mode and they can't get it to boot up there is no way they can tell it had been jailbroken.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Even if its JB, they will just restore the phone. Get you back to factory. JB doesnt void the warranty but if a issue is caused by the JB, they can deny a warranty swap