Votes: 8 15.4%
  • who cares

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Chill dude. I wasn't attacking you... didn't make any reference to you... I'm just tired of the AT&T bashing... none of the carriers are perfect and none have perfect coverage everywhere you want to go.

As far as despising anyone - again, not me... just because something works for one person and not another doesn't mean it's not a good or usable service. It is what it is.

Why am I "here" in the VZW iPhone4 section? Curiosity. And the realization that just because it's not my service provider, there still may be something of value here for all of us. I didn't see any "AT&T Customers Keep Out" sign on the door.

SMH

You quoted his response to me, so I assumed your response was directed at me. So if it wasn't, I apologize.

As for the whole carrier difference, I think they both have their strengths. I personally find Verizon to have much better service, but at the same time I would say they are sort of behind the times by now allowing simultaneous talk/data until just now. And even still, it's only a couple of phones that can do it, so in that aspect I do think they need to catch up to AT&T.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You quoted his response to me, so I assumed your response was directed at me. So if it wasn't, I apologize.

Apology accepted.

I was merely agreeing with him that there are valid reasons/needs/uses for the simultaneous talk/data... and *SOME* verizon folks will never admit that (again, NOT directed at you personally)...

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Apology accepted.

I was merely agreeing with him that there are valid reasons/needs/uses for the simultaneous talk/data... and *SOME* verizon folks will never admit that (again, NOT directed at you personally)...

Fair enough. For the record I do agree that it has it's advantages, I just don't really need it that badly, I could see why others would though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough. For the record I do agree that it has it's advantages, I just don't really need it that badly, I could see why others would though.

Yep. I've used it a handful of times, and it was quite handy... but it's not an every day need, at least for me... kind of like extra horsepower in your car's engine - good to know that it's there when you do need it.

lmac4cy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
IMO people who have always been on Verizon, like me, don't really care. We have never had it so we don't know what it is like. Not a deal breaker for me. I would rather have no dropped calls then sim. data/voice.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
IMO people who have always been on Verizon, like me, don't really care. We have never had it so we don't know what it is like. Not a deal breaker for me. I would rather have no dropped calls then sim. data/voice.

It's not a matter of "either / or". Bring your AT&T phone to my neck of the woods and get both - simultaneous voice/data and no dropped calls.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Former ATT iPhone to current Verizon.
Without a doubt I would trade being able to complete calls, not have them drop, and have good call quality easily trumps having the few times I need to call/data at the same time.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Former ATT iPhone to current Verizon.
Without a doubt I would trade being able to complete calls, not have them drop, and have good call quality easily trumps having the few times I need to call/data at the same time.

That's what works for you. I am saying that I don't drop calls, have good call quality and can complete calls on AT&T AND have the simultaneous voice and data. Not everyone on AT&T has bad service/crappy call quality...

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I see you're on Verizon, which means that it actually can't be done. Verizon's network doesn't work that way. No updates to the OS can change that. LTE allows simultaneous voice and data, but who knows how long it'll be until there's an LTE iPhone.

This ... CDMA allows 1 type of transport at a time so there is no way a software update, tweak or jailbreak can change this .... not possible at all. If you hook up to a wifi connection you can do both and when Apple releases a 4G iPhone it will let you in a 4G area.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Right now they need to focus on the "no signal" on VZW iPhones, when all other VZW phones in the room have 5 bars! Then work on simultaneous voice/data. I want to get the VZW iPhone, but not while this problem is going on.

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Treating mobile carriers like you would your favorite sports team is embarrassing. Let's move forward please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: j7469

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77