2 iPhones 1 Mac

donjt81

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased an iPhone for me and my wife. When I try to sync my phone with our mac it does the whole back up and sync. Then when I try to sync my wife's phone to our mac it does the whole backup and sync.

But here is the problem. After the sync I get apps that are installed on my wife's iPhone on my iPhone and vice versa.

How can I keep it separate. I dont want all her apps on my phone after the sync.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased an iPhone for me and my wife. When I try to sync my phone with our mac it does the whole back up and sync. Then when I try to sync my wife's phone to our mac it does the whole backup and sync.

But here is the problem. After the sync I get apps that are installed on my wife's iPhone on my iPhone and vice versa.

How can I keep it separate. I dont want all her apps on my phone after the sync.

What I do is just click on your phone in iTunes in the summary screen click manually manage and click only sync thing I check then at the top set what want to sync do this on both iPhone then if one of u buys a app u won't get it unless u hook to iTunes and check it and sync

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Under Devices select your iPhone. Then click the Apps tab. Make sure that Sync Apps is checked and then look just below the list of applications, uncheck "Automatically sync new apps." ... That should do it :)

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had this and I got SOOOO annoyed!! I kept deleting apps, re-arranging, deleting again, but I finally have everything working great

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77